+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization Letter: When to send it?

AnzSharma

Jan 14, 2021
I am inviting my sister and her family to Canada to my wedding. She submitted the application at the end of February. I understand that my brother in law and my nephew are not extended family, so I understand I cant write the authorization letter (IMM006) for them. But for my sister I did fill out the form and got it notarized. Now my problem is I could not find the timeline when it should be sent. Do I send that now, even though her application is still on progress. or do I wait until she gets approval for her visitor visa?

A little background: My sister lives in Denmark, she is from Nepal and I am a permanent resident of Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So just your sister is hoping to come to Canada. Her family will remain in Denmark so she will travel alone. So she applied for a TRV/visitor visa in February. You can send the authorization letter now. FYI a wedding is not an essential reason to travel during Covid but your sister may be lucky.

AnzSharma

Jan 14, 2021
So just your sister is hoping to come to Canada. Her family will remain in Denmark so she will travel alone. So she applied for a TRV/visitor visa in February. You can send the authorization letter now. FYI a wedding is not an essential reason to travel during Covid but your sister may be lucky.
I am just very hopeful that at that point everyone will be vaccinated so that international travel opens up. Its looking bleaker by the day. But, thank you! That is really helpful.