+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August/September Applicants PGWP timeline

radzarei

Jan 1, 2016
Hey guys,

I just got an update and my application was approved!

So here's my timeline:

Application date: October 6, 2015
Paid for everything the same day (even the TRV)

Approval date: January 16, 2016

Total days from application to approval: 102 days to processn my application

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
NaomiA said:
My application got approved.

Timeline:

Applied: September 2 (online)
Application approved on My CIC: December 21
Approval letter uploaded on My CIC: December 23

Waiting for work permit to arrive by mail.
HI Naomi, please have you hear anything about your husband open work permit. i have not hear anything about mine and i am wondering how long it will take to response

shruti88

Dec 27, 2015
hey guys
i applied for pgwp online on 16th September
blank update on -12th nov

havnt heard anything since then. my application status has been "open" since four months.

i even submitted a case specific enquiry form on 15th jan. but apparently cic takes upto 30business days to revert to case specific enquiries.

:-X
this wait is killing me.

anyone else who is in the same boat as me ???

ankit.pahwa30

Jan 4, 2016
shruti88 said:
hey guys
i applied for pgwp online on 16th September
blank update on -12th nov

havnt heard anything since then. my application status has been "open" since four months.

i even submitted a case specific enquiry form on 15th jan. but apparently cic takes upto 30business days to revert to case specific enquiries.

:-X
this wait is killing me.

anyone else who is in the same boat as me ???
Hey. I applied for spousal open work permit on 6th September. And I am waiting for the same. I had a talk with CIC guys, they are saying that they are reviewing my application.

shruti88

Dec 27, 2015
ankit.pahwa30 said:
Hey. I applied for spousal open work permit on 6th September. And I am waiting for the same. I had a talk with CIC guys, they are saying that they are reviewing my application.

alright. i hope we hear something soon.its been way too long :( so fed up

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
omolola said:
HI Naomi, please have you hear anything about your husband open work permit. i have not hear anything about mine and i am wondering how long it will take to response
Hi Omolola,

No word on my husband's application. I also didn't receive my PGWP via mail. I think they lost it, as I usually get mail from CIC in 3 - 5 days and it's been over 3 weeks, but no mail delivery.

I called CIC Call Centre and they said that I have to wait till 6 weeks is over, before they can request for a PGWP reprint. And as for my husband application they said it's done on a case-by-case basis and so since they are working on Aug 28 apps now, they will get to his application in due time.

More waaaaainting....

lt12345

Nov 14, 2015
Here's my final timeline:

Applied online: September 26th
Blank updates: Sept 27th, Nov 14th
Approval: January 12th
Mail Delivery: January 19th

vicky0907wang

Dec 6, 2015
vicky0907wang said:
My Timeline:

Applied on: Aug 31st.

Blank update: Monthly

Approval: Not yet..
final update:

Applied online: August 31st.
Received monthly update: Sep 30th, Oct 31st, Nov 30th, Dec 31st
Blank updated: Nov 14th, Dec 14th, Jan 8th

Approved on: Jan 23rd

Waiting for mail delivery.

Good luck to everyone!!

ankit.pahwa30

Jan 4, 2016
Hey guys. MinE is spousal open work permit applied inside canada online on 6th September. I got medical request on 18th January night. I got it done on 20th January morning. Please let me know till what time can I expect an update?

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
omolola said:
thanks for your response. Hope we get a positive feedback soon. and You Get your work permit .
Hi Omolola,

Any update on your spouse's work permit application? I am still waiting and not sure what's happening...

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Somebody at CIC is really high! Watch the latest processing time !

Work permit extension (new employer)

These applications can be submitted online

140 days ?
Working on applications received on March 9, 2015.

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm facing a weird situation. My PGWP was approved back on Dec 22 and I received the in-Canada letter of approval. But I did not receive the PGWP in my mail till now, and I'm sure they have lost it or something as it usually takes a week to receive mail. They can not reprint another PGWP till 6 weeks is over.

In the meantime, my husbands OWP (which we applied for together) is still under processing. Our application was received on Sep 03 and I see that CIC is working on Sep 03 application.

Can anyone advice me on whether I should we send a Case Specific Enquiry now? Is it too early (as they are "working" on Sep 03) or should we wait another week?

As each day goes by I feel like I'm wasting time and that our application is in serious trouble. But then again I don't want to act prematurely and ruin my chances... :S

-naomi

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
NaomiA said:
Hi everyone,

I'm facing a weird situation. My PGWP was approved back on Dec 22 and I received the in-Canada letter of approval. But I did not receive the PGWP in my mail till now, and I'm sure they have lost it or something as it usually takes a week to receive mail. They can not reprint another PGWP till 6 weeks is over.

In the meantime, my husbands OWP (which we applied for together) is still under processing. Our application was received on Sep 03 and I see that CIC is working on Sep 03 application.

Can anyone advice me on whether I should we send a Case Specific Enquiry now? Is it too early (as they are "working" on Sep 03) or should we wait another week?

As each day goes by I feel like I'm wasting time and that our application is in serious trouble. But then again I don't want to act prematurely and ruin my chances... :S

-naomi
Did you apply online application for your work permit extension?