+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Sashank

Apr 12, 2016
I don't think it's related. They already have a list of your entries and exits, they just have to compare against what you declared in your application. It's really no big deal and doesn't delay the process.
Well, that’s good to know and a relief. Anyway like I said, each case is different. I am also with Vancouver office. I guess we should stay positive and expect updates in Jan 2024 if there’s no updates for the last ceremony in December before they close for the holidays.

Sashank

Apr 12, 2016
In my case, I had multiple trips abroad after becoming PR. That does not cause any delays. It mainly depends on your processing office. It also depends on when you applied. There are a lot of horror stories of people who applied in 2022 and still waiting for LPP.
Same boat as everyone here. Applied August 3, 2023. I have had similar time lines as most people here but just stuck at LPP. Hoping to get a response for December ceremony.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Welp, still nothing on my end.

Scarborough office.

Eh.

Why didn't I get Mississauga? Soooooo annoying.

There should be some kind of process by which offices have to ensure they matching others in terms of deliverables. They don't even have to set up in-person ceremonies anymore, did they only pay for X number of zoom calls every month or something?

ankushsharma

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Aug-14
Doc's Request.
DD: 17-Nov-14
Nomination.....
PER: 04-Dec-14
AOR Received.
SL: 6-Feb-15
File Transfer...
3-Feb-15
Med's Request
28-Feb-15
Med's Done....
9-Mar-15; 3rd Line: 23-Mar-15
Interview........
DM: 23-Apr-15
Passport Req..
28-Apr-15
VISA ISSUED...
21-Apr-15; Passports received : 5-May-15
Hi All, Below is my progress update

Submission date: Aug 29th
AOR: Oct 10th.
Received two GU on Oct 27th and Nov 23rd.
Haven't received any test invite yet. I live near Scarborough.
Does anyone know why this is getting so delayed
I have similar timelines and GUs; submitted app on Aug 29th and received AOR on Oct 12.
Oct 27 GU was some kind of system update and everyone received it.
Not sure if Nov 23rd GU has anything to do with any progress or it's just another system update, keeping my fingers crossed !!

CanadaGuy007

Mar 18, 2019
Hello Guys,
No updates on my file except the following:
Date Submitted: Aug 21st 2023
AOR: 3rd October
Ghost update on 27th of October
On the AOR it says Case processing center Sydney ( Not sure if its the Visa office)

A lot of my friends who applied after me are getting faster updates, a bit concerned right now!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Why didn't I get Mississauga? Soooooo annoying.
I got Mississauga and I've been sitting with my LPP completed and Oath not started for almost a month.
If I was stuck at any other stage at least I'd be able to mentally justify it with a "okay, X is taking longer than expected" but it's literally the invite that's taking forever.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I got Mississauga and I've been sitting with my LPP completed and Oath not started for almost a month.
If I was stuck at any other stage at least I'd be able to mentally justify it with a "okay, X is taking longer than expected" but it's literally the invite that's taking forever.
I feel the opposite, at least you know it's just matter of you getting an oath ceremony invitation and so they just need to schedule that.

When your LPP is still in process, you have no idea if there has been any progress on your file or if anyone is even looking at it. What's worse is, there are those who are saying that your LPP won't switch to completed until you get your oath ceremony invitation. So I'll have no idea of the timeline until it's done, this is all the while seeing people who submitted their application a fair bit later than me, already have done their oath ceremonies. That feels viscerally annoying.

I'm not saying the timeline has to be identical but it sucks to know your application is getting delayed because you got the bad luck of being assigned a certain office.

We're in Toronto, we should have the most resources allocated to us because we obviously have the highest proportion of immigrants living here, and who will eventually apply for citizenship.

Reactions: BebeAny

jpmelchiades

May 4, 2021
Hello all,
Please a need some advice.
I applied for my citizenship with my two kids that are minor and I used the same email address account for all of us.
Now I received the instruction email for download the ecertificate and I noticed that in order to create the portal account I need to use the same email address provided in our application.
My query is: my kid ecertificate will be available in my portal account or should be in different accounts?

Thank you in advance

Sevenaugust

Nov 16, 2023
I received the email to download the certificate of citizenship last Saturday, but need to wait for the completion of ceremony. No date for ceremony yet.

Type: Online application
Office: Edmonton
Physical Presence: 1103 days
Application: Single
Sent / Delivered: 15 Aug 2023
AOR: 19 Sep 2023
Fingerprints Request: 04 Oct 2023
Fingerprints finished: 05 Oct 2023
Fingerprints received: 18 Oct 2023
Background Check: 19 Oct 2023
Test Invite Letter: 01 Oct 2023
Test Window: 10 Oct 2023 to 30 Nov 2023
Test Taken: 10 Oct 2023 (20/20)
Email to request clear ID: 25 Oct 2023
Test Completed on tracker: 14 Nov 2023
LPP: 21 Nov 2023
Oath Letter: 25 Nov 2023
Ceremony: pending

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Anyone submitted fingerprints and still waiting for background check to be completed? I submitted on Nov 4th and still waiting

cana_cana

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Today, I emailed the Niagara office to inquire about my and my family's oath ceremony. My husband needs to plan a work trip, and I requested information about whether we'll have the ceremony within the next month. This is the answer:
"Thank you for your email. You and your family have been scheduled for a ceremony in less than a month, you will be receiving the invitations with more information regarding the ceremony closer the scheduled date.

We advise not to make travel plans until you have attended the oath ceremony and your application has been closed.
Ensure you are monitoring your inbox and junk mail for your invitation."

Two hours after that email I received the letter with the instructions on how to download the e-certificate. The Citizenship ceremony has not not started yet.

Type: Online application
Office: Niagara, ON
Physical Presence: 1400 days
Application: Family (3)
Sent / Delivered: 12 Aug 2023
AOR: 18 Sep 2023
IP: 20 Sep 2023
Fingerprints Request: 17 Oct 2023
Test Invite Letter: 1 Nov 2023
Test Window: 3 Nov 2023 to 23 Nov 2023
Test Taken: 3 Nov 2023 (18/20)
Test Completed: 6 Nov 2023
Fingerprints Received: 7 Nov 2023
Background Check: 8 Nov 2023
LPP: 14 Nov 2023
Oath Letter: pending
Ceremony: pending
Hi, Can you please send me the email address you sent your email to?

Thanks,

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
I have similar timelines and GUs; submitted app on Aug 29th and received AOR on Oct 12.
Oct 27 GU was some kind of system update and everyone received it.
Not sure if Nov 23rd GU has anything to do with any progress or it's just another system update, keeping my fingers crossed !!
Nov 23 GU is probably something. I don't see it on my tracker.