VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
Interview: 13th April
LPP Complete: 15 April

Hi,

I have my in Person interview on 27th (see below):

"On the day of this event, you will be interviewed by a citizenship officer or agent to verify your identity
and the documents you provided at the time you applied for citizenship."
"During the interview, your knowledge of English or French will be verified, if applicable."

Please let me know:
1) what I would be required to carry with me? (All original passport, current PR card, letter we received upon our landing, driving license, Health card, IELTS (which i uploaded photocopy (notarized) . whether I am missing anything?
2) when we need to complete the the self-assessment ? on arrival of the interview place? see below:

"Anyone attending the interview is required to complete an online COVID-19 self-assessment prior to
arriving) and must answer pre-screening questions upon arrival to determine if they can enter the
interview space. Please access the self-assessment at the following link"

Any other suggestions for Interview?

are you waiting for oath invitation?

Thank you
Regards

atul1210

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Can you pls update the following in the tracker against my name.

Anyone with access to tracker please update my details.

AOR: 01-Sep-2022
ECAS in process: 25 Nov-2022
BG completed: 29 Nov
Test Invite date: 29-Nov
Test date: 11-Dec
Test Complete: 13-Dec
Language, Prohibition and Physical Presence completed: 08-Mar-2023
Decision Made ECAS: 08-March-2023
Oath Letter awaited
Can you pls update the following in the tracker against my name.

Anyone with access to tracker please update my details.

Oath Letter awaited
Please update the tracker

Oath Letter Date: 31-Mar-2023
Oath Date: 13-Apr-2023

Reactions: forw.jane

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Please update the tracker

Oath Letter Date: 31-Mar-2023
Oath Date: 13-Apr-2023
How long was the online oath ceremony? How much time you spent in total? Tnx

DreamB0yDani

Jul 11, 2016
Congrats. Why did you get an interview? Does everyone have to do one?
No. I was travelling when I took my test. And during my travel time they asked me for the translated stamps and all passport pages. I forgot to send them all passport pages when I submitted my file. So they just wanted to know and verify my whereabouts.

I believe, the extra check was triggered because I was out of Canada.

My interview was online. The immigration representative only wanted to know my whereabouts. Although he did ask me questions unrelated to what was mentioned in the email I received about the interview. Like:
  • What did you submit for your english language proof?(I submitted my diploma as proof of language)
  • Where am I right now?
  • Did I face any immigration problem when I was leaving or coming back into the Canada
  • Did I have any issue with the Canadian law?
  • How long I was out from Canada?(I was travelling for 3 months after I submitted my file in August, which I believe triggered this extra check on me).
  • What am I doing now and what I was doing before my current job?
I moved to Toronto few months back and that's the address I gave them when I moved. The representative was expected me to have license from Ontario as proof of identity and address, but I still have previous province licnese. So he did ask me that I mentioned I am in Ontario but my address on license doesn't match what they have on my file. To which I explained that I haven't got the my license exchanged because, I believe, I submitted my previous province's license during my file submission and didn't want to take risk showing different license during interview. So, instead I showed him Ontario health card as proof of me living in Toronto.

I am awaiting oath ceremony email. I was told that I should receive it fairly quick since it's faster now compared to when It was covid. But we'll see how fast it is.

I would suggest, not to worry too much about the interview. As long as you hid nothing when you submitted your file and your information with them is up-to-date, it shouldn't be a problem.

krishm

Apr 23, 2018
I have a few questions about the oath
1. For online oath, do we enter the seat number for everyone in the family if attending from one screen?
2. Do we enter seat number for minors too even if they do not plan to attend the oath ceremony?
3. Do we need the COPR from the time when we landed or just PR card is sufficient?

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
I have a few questions about the oath
1. For online oath, do we enter the seat number for everyone in the family if attending from one screen?
2. Do we enter seat number for minors too even if they do not plan to attend the oath ceremony?
3. Do we need the COPR from the time when we landed or just PR card is sufficient?
As per my understanding, we need to enter seat numbers of all attending family numbers including minors in comma separated. It's good to have COPR as we need to write some wordings on it.

Reactions: krishm

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
Question, I am taking a long weekend trip this weekend to the States for my birthday. I am still waiting for my LPP to be complete. Is this trip going to mess things up? Am I able to notify them of my additional dates? Does it matter? I'm way over the required days needed for citizenship if that matters and have lived in Canada since 2009.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Question, I am taking a long weekend trip this weekend to the States for my birthday. I am still waiting for my LPP to be complete. Is this trip going to mess things up? Am I able to notify them of my additional dates? Does it matter? I'm way over the required days needed for citizenship if that matters and have lived in Canada since 2009.
does not matter u can travel n you have no obligation to tell them about it assuming you have already applied.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Reactions: Californiacicle