+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

maverick0691

Jul 22, 2019
Has anyone gotten any updates recently? I've done my test on March 22, marked as completed on the 24th and radio silence since then

Jaz999

Star Member
Sep 19, 2022
Hello everyone, I am scared lost as I got an update on the 1st of April to attend an interview on the 12th of April.
Has anyone had the same event, please let me know?
What are the expected questions in the interview?
And when I try to open the link for interview doesn’t open I get this message :
“Something's wrong with the meeting or the link you're using to join it”

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Has anyone gotten any updates recently? I've done my test on March 22, marked as completed on the 24th and radio silence since then
IRCC like many other companies is probably busy trying to figure out how to integrate GPT and Large Language Models into their infrastructure. Joking of course, or so one hopes.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
LOL no @GwenFayeth That would mean IRCC is innovative, In fact, I can tell you what they are busy doing, and they are busy THINKING ABOUT GOING ON A STRIKE LIKE THE CRA

Canada Revenue Agency responds to Public Service Alliance of Canada–Union of Taxation Employees strike vote

Labour disruptions impact at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

So if IRCC votes to do the same as CRA then we will all sit here and wait longer, that is what they are doing, not using GPT Technology to speed up the process lol.

So to summarize, they will strike for more money, as they still have a backlog lol but the power to the people of Canada is expensive they need money

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
For the attention of the unlikely IRCC or CRA employee looking through this forum:

Because of my background, I genuinely think I need my Canadian Citizenship to get a management position in my US-based company. But my employer for obvious reasons won't tell me that because it would be discrimination. It has been almost 2 years since I have constantly been denied promotion to a manager position despite ticking all the boxes, being a top-performer, and actually doing the job without the pay. My company keeps dancing around the issue. Without proof or documentation IRCC would not consider my case urgent for processing. I'm at the brink of either losing opportunities or walking out of a position that could change the rest of my life and bring lots of tax revenue to Canada from the US. This is not what IRCC and CRA should envision for people coming to this country.

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
This is an update as of Apr/04 and no strike dates has been announced yet as per the post. Hope they won't cancel any scheduled ceremonies :(
Looking at the spreadsheet, March and April have been slower compared to the uptick we saw across the board late 2022 and early 2023. I wish them all well, but I hope the strikes don't go on for a long time.