------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
Tracker updated:

it says "You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on April 27, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you."

What does that mean. what would be the reason they arranged for interview ?

Background: I gave my citizenship exam (Feb 28th) from India. Already informed them and they approved for it. After one day "Test Status" was updated to be completed.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Tracker updated:

it says "You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on April 27, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you."

What does that mean. what would be the reason they arranged for interview ?

Background: I gave my citizenship exam (Feb 28th) from India. Already informed them and they approved for it. After one day "Test Status" was updated to be completed.
Interview happens if your application processing took a long time or if you were outside Canada for e.g Test. It's nothing to be worried about.

What happens in Interview - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/meeting-with-citizenship-officer.789728/post-10420661
A detailed answer from @abbas.pasha

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
They clearly indicate that we do NOT respond to enquiries about the status of your application! I had no luck contacting them through email!
If only Oath is pending they do respond. But if your application is not at that stage asking for update via email is of no use. Call or webform is a better option in that case. But being Aug 22 applicants still a long way for them to give you a proper response.

Lovecanada13

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
If only Oath is pending they do respond. But if your application is not at that stage asking for update via email is of no use. Call or webform is a better option in that case. But being Aug 22 applicants still a long way for them to give you a proper response.
where can I get phone number for Vancouver Citizenship office?

I have emailed back to the same email- who sent me finger print request before.

I also submitted a web form.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
where can I get phone number for Vancouver Citizenship office?

I have emailed back to the same email- who sent me finger print request before.

I also submitted a web form.
If you have an urgent request then you can ask of urgent processing so you can get it faster. You applied on August 2022 it's just barely 8 months in and all sections are complete except oath. Trying to contact IRCC without extraordinary reasons for urgency is not a good look. They are processing other applications as well as yours. A little patience and you mat get the oath really soon.
You didn't have to call or email them to get the other sections completed

Can_Bee

Dec 27, 2021
I became Canadian last week!

Here are my updates that happened all last week - I applied for urgent processing on December 2022.

I requested for urgent processing in December and have not heard from IRCC until February, when they said the data in my request for urgent processing was not compatible to what they had in file. They said I had to resubmit my urgent processing request again, so I did it in February. I called them twice since the request in December, and they could not help with anything.

I was very pressed without any progress on the urgent processing since December, so on March 23 I took 3 actions.
- requested for notes in my process
- replied to the email the processing office used to contact me for the test letting them know I was kindly asking updates on the urgent processing
- contacted my local MP's office explaining the situation and lack of progress in the urgent processing

Luckily, the MP's Constituency Assistant had a meeting booked with IRCC on the next day, so they were able to add my case to their meeting agenda. After the meeting the MP's office got back to me with updates.

To sum it up:
on March 25: Language Skills updated to completed (actually happened on March 23)
on April 3: I received a call from IRCC saying that I was granted citizenship and that I was scheduled for the ceremony on April 5.
on April 3: Prohibitions and Physical Presence were completed. Citizenship Ceremony not started. ECAS updated to Decision Made
on April 5: I attended the ceremony and became Canadian! Yay!
on April 6: I picked up my Citizenship Certificate at the processing office and applied for a passport.

I am so relieved that all has been completed as my personal life was on hold waiting for this process to be concluded for months. If I did not have a need for an urgent processing request, I would not have contacted them, as my case was under normal the processing time, but I needed to make some noise to get visibility in my urgent request. All IRCC staff I got in touch with (except the ones over the phone) were so kind and helpful, I appreciate their service and hope the modernisation of this whole process comes sooner so that us applicants can have an improved experience.

Wishing everyone a smooth and speedy process!

RanaAli123

Jul 2, 2018
I became Canadian last week!

Here are my updates that happened all last week - I applied for urgent processing on December 2022.

I requested for urgent processing in December and have not heard from IRCC until February, when they said the data in my request for urgent processing was not compatible to what they had in file. They said I had to resubmit my urgent processing request again, so I did it in February. I called them twice since the request in December, and they could not help with anything.

I was very pressed without any progress on the urgent processing since December, so on March 23 I took 3 actions.
- requested for notes in my process
- replied to the email the processing office used to contact me for the test letting them know I was kindly asking updates on the urgent processing
- contacted my local MP's office explaining the situation and lack of progress in the urgent processing

Luckily, the MP's Constituency Assistant had a meeting booked with IRCC on the next day, so they were able to add my case to their meeting agenda. After the meeting the MP's office got back to me with updates.

To sum it up:
on March 25: Language Skills updated to completed (actually happened on March 23)
on April 3: I received a call from IRCC saying that I was granted citizenship and that I was scheduled for the ceremony on April 5.
on April 3: Prohibitions and Physical Presence were completed. Citizenship Ceremony not started. ECAS updated to Decision Made
on April 5: I attended the ceremony and became Canadian! Yay!
on April 6: I picked up my Citizenship Certificate at the processing office and applied for a passport.

I am so relieved that all has been completed as my personal life was on hold waiting for this process to be concluded for months. If I did not have a need for an urgent processing request, I would not have contacted them, as my case was under normal the processing time, but I needed to make some noise to get visibility in my urgent request. All IRCC staff I got in touch with (except the ones over the phone) were so kind and helpful, I appreciate their service and hope the modernisation of this whole process comes sooner so that us applicants can have an improved experience.

Wishing everyone a smooth and speedy process!
hey how do you apply for urgent processing?