+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
I'm happy for people whose applications got processed faster, but really frustrated on the fact that why some people have to wait for so long to get their oath even after the test is done.

It would be great if IRCC could formulize a more transparent system, where applicants could get details on where their applications are stuck.

I feel awkward waiting while applicants from 2022, as a matter of fact regular applicants who just applied few months ago are getting oaths so quickly.

Not sure why online applications were introduced when IRCC already decided to delay them.

*****No offence to anyone, just venting out some frustration***** :)

I'm a August 2021 online applicant. Cleared test in July. All stages except oath completed on August 04, 2022. Waiting for oath now.

Already sent webform and email to test email ID. Requested GCMS notes way back in June 2022, no response on them till now.

Last edited:

Nyayaa

Feb 17, 2022
Citizenship certificate received today. October 18th Oath ceremony at Winnipeg office. Expedited processing. Closed October 20th. Mailed Oct 24th, received in Toronto October 28th. All the best to everyone.

Reactions: ashvez and Katfezy

Vangamu

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
How can I access my tracker? Link to old tracker doesn’t work anymore…I’ve tried to reset my password but still doesn’t work. I get an error message saying that “UCI” and/or password is incorrect. Any clue or advice is much appreciated.

akshath.goyal

Jul 22, 2022
How can I access my tracker? Link to old tracker doesn’t work anymore…I’ve tried to reset my password but still doesn’t work. I get an error message saying that “UCI” and/or password is incorrect. Any clue or advice is much appreciated.
same for my wife's.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I'm happy for people whose applications got processed faster, but really frustrated on the fact that why some people have to wait for so long to get their oath even after the test is done.

It would be great if IRCC could formulize a more transparent system, where applicants could get details on where their applications are stuck.

I feel awkward waiting while applicants from 2022, as a matter of fact regular applicants who just applied few months ago are getting oaths so quickly.

Not sure why online applications were introduced when IRCC already decided to delay them.

I'm a August 2021 online applicant. Cleared test in July. All stages except oath completed on August 04, 2022. Waiting for oath now.

Already sent webform and email to test email ID. Requested GCMS notes way back in June 2022, no response on them till now.
Agreed. You got everything else updated very soon after test but are rather delayed in getting the oath invite. A few months back, nobody else was waiting that long to get the oath invite after everything else had been Completed, so I was really depressed and feeling hopeless being the only one. But nowadays a growing minority is also waiting 2+ or 3+ months to get oath invite. You should get yours soon!

TIGER123

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
hello peeps, I got an interview invitation and is this the last stage of the process? I am in Thailand now. can I do the interview from here thou? but I will be back for the ceremony. I emailed them but no response, I got the interview instruction thou so I assume I can? :-D any experience from this group? what's on the interview gonna be anyway? I dislike surprises. Lol. thanks folks.

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
hello peeps, I got an interview invitation and is this the last stage of the process? I am in Thailand now. can I do the interview from here thou? but I will be back for the ceremony. I emailed them but no response, I got the interview instruction thou so I assume I can? :-D any experience from this group? what's on the interview gonna be anyway? I dislike surprises. Lol. thanks folks.
There shouldn’t be an issue for the interview but the oath will only be scheduled once you are back in Canada and send them proof of your return. Hope this helps

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Did anyone have any luck emailing the Vancouver office for update on their file ?
Any idea if that would help in processing the file faster ?

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012

I am an Aug 2021 Applicant. My BG got complete din Dec 2021 and I gave the test in May 2022. Till now other factors are in progress and no oath invite. whenever I call the IRCC, they say everything is fine , you will get it soon. I had also sent a webform. They came back and gave the same reply like they give when we call. Super frustrating!

lhead

Jul 7, 2016
Hello folks, any idea how long it can take to get the oath ceremony invite? My son (independent application, online August 2021) had all sections completed on May 27 but still no progress on oath - Saskatoon IRCC. Thanks.

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
Hello folks, any idea how long it can take to get the oath ceremony invite? My son (independent application, online August 2021) had all sections completed on May 27 but still no progress on oath - Saskatoon IRCC. Thanks.
My wife's decision made on 20th July. Everything has completed. Waiting for oath since then. Saskatoon office.

TIGER123

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Guys FYI, for those awaiting for Interview and you are outside CANADA, the procedure is exactly the same as taking the test. YOU CAN DO THE INTERVIEW ONLINE. I have asked Vancouver Office and here is their reply :

"
Thank you for your email. The notice to appear for your virtual citizenship event on XXX 2022 was sent to you via email on October XX 2022. If you have not received this notice, please advise our office in reply to this email.

You are able to attend the event outside of Canada.

Regards,

Vancouver Citizenship Office

• Wow
Reactions: tonymeland