+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I just discovered that Montreal has two LVOs. Montreal and Montreal CEN.

Since I got my test invite from the CEN email address, I assume my file was/is in CEN. My BG was marked complete even before I took the test. Is being in CEN good or bad in that case, considering BGC done?

The only tribal knowledge that exists on the forum is that CEN is for non-routine apps, but nothing conclusive. Will wait for my notes but would love to hear any insights.

FWIW, my app details have no specialties - unsure of why it went to CEN in the first place.
I know it since 2019. Being in Montreal CEN is BAD . Usually non routine apps or any other appls that require extra verification go there. Any app that ends up at " CEN" means your app is non routine.

Reactions: 8494193

yaadman

Jul 17, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
I applied for Schengen visa this week as well :)..
Fun moment, the consulate saw my passport filled with Schengen visa stamps and other countries and they said, you are running out of pages :D
and I am like I am waiting for the Canadian passport :D:D
Hahaha my passport was old and it also expires in August so I had to get a new one :rolleyes: This is my first time actually applying for the Schengen. I was hoping that I'd be done with applying for visas this year lol.

Now I'm stressing because I don't know if Its fine to submit a printed bank statement of my checking account showing the last 90 days transaction history and balance for the proof of funds. Or should I get like an official letter from my bank?

Hahaha my passport was old and it also expires in August so I had to get a new one :rolleyes: This is my first time actually applying for the Schengen. I was hoping that I'd be done with applying for visas this year lol.

Now I'm stressing because I don't know if Its fine to submit a printed bank statement of my checking account showing the last 90 days transaction history and balance for the proof of funds. Or should I get like an official letter from my bank?
I've applied for Schengen a couple of years ago. A printed statement worked fine for me.

Reactions: yaadman

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

So if you see the short stay visa checklist (Germany at least) it says 3 months bank statement is required if your local company is not providing the letter to support your expenses for the trip..

For your piece of mind Take the print out of the statements to the nearest bank and they will make a stamp on it that’s all..
I think consulate is pretty flexible even if you take a print out of the monthly statement and show…
What they need to verify that you have the payroll coming in regularly and you maintain a balance in your account that’s all..

Reactions: yaadman

yaadman

Jul 17, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
So if you see the short stay visa checklist (Germany at least) it says 3 months bank statement is required if your local company is not providing the letter to support your expenses for the trip..

For your piece of mind Take the print out of the statements to the nearest bank and they will make a stamp on it that’s all..
I think consulate is pretty flexible even if you take a print out of the monthly statement and show…
What they need to verify that you have the payroll coming in regularly and you maintain a balance in your account that’s all..
ok that's a great point! I'll be sure to get it stamped as well. Cheers!

archiword

Jan 23, 2018
Hi, can someone please add my info to the tracker:-

Couple paper applicant(s) from Toronto
Application- Aug 2021 (don’t remember the date)
AOR - Oct 20 2021
BG check completed - Dec 28 2021
Test invite- Feb 18 2022
Test given - Mar 4 2022
Test Status updated - Mar 7 2022

Nothing since then

sohausman

Mar 20, 2017
Hi
How long does it take from DM to Oath invitation? Scarborough Office

Paper Application
Application Sent August 21, 2021
Application Received August 23, 2021
AOR: November 12, 2021
BG Complete: Dec 20, 2021
Test Activity Completed: March 07, 2022
Language, Prohibition and Physical Presence completed: June 12, 2022
Oath Ceremony: Not Started

Can we request for oath ceremony to be scheduled a bit earlier or it is not possible?

• Haha
Reactions: figaro2

Varunjog89

Star Member
Aug 7, 2021
Hi

Paper Application

Can we request for oath ceremony to be scheduled a bit earlier or it is not possible?
Congrats buddy!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi

Paper Application

Congratulations, You can try and request that.. see this post https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-scarborough-applicants-online-test-interview-dm-oath.724014/post-10103867

Reactions: sohausman

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I applied for Schengen visa this week as well :)..
Fun moment, the consulate saw my passport filled with Schengen visa stamps and other countries and they said, you are running out of pages :D
and I am like I am waiting for the Canadian passport :D:D
Received my passport back today from the German consulate just now...... short stay business visa issued for 2 yr

Last edited:
Reactions: HFL2018 and yaadman