+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Abdoud

Oct 18, 2021
Hi everyone ,
I'm an august applicant , I'm looking to apply for EU visa this summer, am I required to let CIC know (update my citizinship application)?

thanks,

yaadman

Jul 17, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
Hi everyone ,
I'm an august applicant , I'm looking to apply for EU visa this summer, am I required to let CIC know (update my citizinship application)?

thanks,
I don't think so, they need to hurry and give us our citizenship so we can get our Canadian passport lol. Now we have to apply for Schengen visa which is a nightmare these days with regards to finding an appointment date etc

Reactions: Vangamu and Abdoud

Lupus

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi All,

i have applied on Aug 24 paper application.
AOR: Nov 15
Background Check: Completed Jan 13
Havent heard back since then.
I called IRCC they said all is good and my application moved to the local office (Vancouver).

Anyone else in the same situation or having similar timelines?
Feeling disappointed given i cant travel and cant renew my former passport.

any advice?

thanks!
I am in the same situation, mailed the application in august,AOR november and background done in December. Nothing else after that. I am located in Vancouver. I wonder if Vancouver office is just very slow

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I don't think so, they need to hurry and give us our citizenship so we can get our Canadian passport lol. Now we have to apply for Schengen visa which is a nightmare these days with regards to finding an appointment date etc
I asked SCR a week ago if they can expedite my application as a I have business trip coming middle of July..
They replied in 10 mins declining my expedite request LoL

yaadman

Jul 17, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
I asked SCR a week ago if they can expedite my application as a I have business trip coming middle of July..
They replied in 10 mins declining my expedite request LoL

:D:D I thought about it but I didnt even bother! I've applied for Schengen travel visa instead as a back up. If it comes in time then its fine ...

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
Folks, Applied for GCMS notes on May9, Received today the results (38 pages long:) ), Here are the details captured, seeking folks opinion who are familiar with GCMS notes :
Knowledge: Passed (Did test back in Feb2022)
Criminality: Passed (Asked for Finger prints in Dec 2021, Although it still shows on the portal "In progress" for BGC)
Language, Presence, Prohibitions: Not started
Oath: Not started

with Due date: Oct 2022 (I assume this is the date an officer would look into file again).

2 Questions:
-Folks who have received notes before with Due date, Was this the actual date they have seen movement again on their file? or not necessarily!
-Is it a correct assumption that nothing would happen between now and Oct 2022?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Folks, Applied for GCMS notes on May9, Received today the results (38 pages long:) ), Here are the details captured, seeking folks opinion who are familiar with GCMS notes :
Knowledge: Passed (Did test back in Feb2022)
Criminality: Passed (Asked for Finger prints in Dec 2021, Although it still shows on the portal "In progress" for BGC)
Language, Presence, Prohibitions: Not started
Oath: Not started

with Due date: Oct 2022 (I assume this is the date an officer would look into file again).

2 Questions:
-Folks who have received notes before with Due date, Was this the actual date they have seen movement again on their file? or not necessarily!
-Is it a correct assumption that nothing would happen between now and Oct 2022?
These due dates are also a surprise to many, at least I cannot interpret it that officer will look into it by this date...
On our recent GCMS notes, Language, Presence, Prohibitions are marked as Not started with due dates 23 Oct 2022...
Even the Test Completion date due date is marked as 23 Oct 2022, although test marked completed on 18 May 2022. Although GCMS notes were requested on 21 Apr 2022
Not sure if this is tied to an AoR date(received AoR on 28 Oct 2021)

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
:D:D I thought about it but I didnt even bother! I've applied for Schengen travel visa instead as a back up. If it comes in time then its fine ...
I applied for Schengen visa this week as well :)..
Fun moment, the consulate saw my passport filled with Schengen visa stamps and other countries and they said, you are running out of pages :D
and I am like I am waiting for the Canadian passport :D:D

I just discovered that Montreal has two LVOs. Montreal and Montreal CEN.

Since I got my test invite from the CEN email address, I assume my file was/is in CEN. My BG was marked complete even before I took the test. Is being in CEN good or bad in that case, considering BGC done?

The only tribal knowledge that exists on the forum is that CEN is for non-routine apps, but nothing conclusive. Will wait for my notes but would love to hear any insights.

FWIW, my app details have no specialties - unsure of why it went to CEN in the first place.

Reactions: Acorn450

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I just discovered that Montreal has two LVOs. Montreal and Montreal CEN.

Since I got my test invite from the CEN email address, I assume my file was/is in CEN. My BG was marked complete even before I took the test. Is being in CEN good or bad in that case, considering BGC done?

The only tribal knowledge that exists on the forum is that CEN is for non-routine apps, but nothing conclusive. Will wait for my notes but would love to hear any insights.

FWIW, my app details have no specialties - unsure of why it went to CEN in the first place.
Our primary office is Scarborough and secondary office is GTA-CEN (through the GCMS notes)

Reactions: 8494193

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
These due dates are also a surprise to many, at least I cannot interpret it that officer will look into it by this date...
On our recent GCMS notes, Language, Presence, Prohibitions are marked as Not started with due dates 23 Oct 2022...
Even the Test Completion date due date is marked as 23 Oct 2022, although test marked completed on 18 May 2022. Although GCMS notes were requested on 21 Apr 2022
I see, This could possibly be system generated date, My guess is that we are in the very early stages to have major developments in the file!

Varunjog89

Star Member
Aug 7, 2021
Why can you not interpret it lol..if that's the date mentioned, that's what it is, there's nothing to interpret. Living in denial won't help.