+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
I don't want liberals to comeback in power and fuck up our PR application timelines further. TBH I really wish see anyone other than the current imbeciles! I wonder if that makes any difference..............ummm
So you want conservatives to come around and make life harder? Might wanna google conservatives and their previous immigration policies..

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I don't want liberals to comeback in power and fuck up our PR application timelines further. TBH I really wish see anyone other than the current imbeciles! I wonder if that makes any difference..............ummm
Helps if you know what you are talking about before you start spouting off

SurvivorAug22

Jun 24, 2021
Helps if you know what you are talking about before you start spouting off
Clearly I don't know. Was wondering if that makes any difference. Even if they make it harder, I hope to get an answer quicker as per the timelines.
They should be prioritizing backlogs before they invite on lower CRS scores during covid times.
Past one year is the hardest for me personally because of PR process. I couldn't go back home to see our parents during tough times.
Buying a house is also harder for people with out PR. I'm not sure who to blame on this process other than current govt in power! EDUCATE ME if I was wrong!!!! Sorry if anyone got offended!

BTW all stages are passed since Mar 29th 2021 and waiting for final approval(Landing documents) from the officer. I have contacted through MP for the past 4-5 months and I don't have a single update since then.

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Clearly I don't know. Was wondering if that makes any difference. Even if they make it harder, I hope to get an answer quicker as per the timelines.
They should be prioritizing backlogs before they invite on lower CRS scores during covid times.
Past one year is the hardest for me personally because of PR process. I couldn't go back home to see our parents during tough times.
Buying a house is also harder for people with out PR. I'm not sure who to blame on this process other than current govt in power! EDUCATE ME if I was wrong!!!! Sorry if anyone got offended!

BTW all stages are passed since Mar 29th 2021 and waiting for final approval(Landing documents) from the officer. I have contacted through MP for the past 4-5 months and I don't have a single update since then.
We are in the process already, so who cares if they will make it harder or not. We should focus on if they will make our files finalized faster, and I can see that Conservative will help us. From Cicnews, it said below is what Conservative is planning to do:

They want to allow applicants to pay a fee to have their processing expedited. The revenues from these fees will go toward hiring additional staff to address administrative backlogs. They also want to speed up application processing by reducing red tape, streamlining applications, and using resources to their full potential.

The Conservatives also want a more fair immigration system. Not only do they want to move operations online, they also want to record all interactions between immigration officers and applicants. They say this would be “to help ensure oversight, fairness, and
accountability” in the immigration system.

Reactions: HanenBlade

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
We are in the process already, so who cares if they will make it harder or not. We should focus on if they will make our files finalized faster, and I can see that Conservative will help us. From Cicnews, it said below is what Conservative is planning to do:

They want to allow applicants to pay a fee to have their processing expedited. The revenues from these fees will go toward hiring additional staff to address administrative backlogs. They also want to speed up application processing by reducing red tape, streamlining applications, and using resources to their full potential.

The Conservatives also want a more fair immigration system. Not only do they want to move operations online, they also want to record all interactions between immigration officers and applicants. They say this would be “to help ensure oversight, fairness, and
@SurvivorAug22
yes but they can blab all they want, but if you look at their track record, its exactly the opposite of what theyre promising. under conservatives before Trudeau:

-Canada adopted a far more hostile stance towards Canadian spouses sponsoring a foreign spouse where processing times have increased by up to 500 per cent over the past decade under conservatives. This was largely due to the debilitating 2011 budget cuts imposed by the Conservative government.
-Conservative government also reduced the age of eligible dependents qualifying for family reunification from 22 to 19.
-Conservatives quadrupled fees and doubled processing times (for citicenship). They changed the law so applicants had to wait longer to qualify and no longer receive credit for time spent in Canada as students, or work permit holders (this was then reversed by Trudeau's govt).
-In 2012, the conservatives orchestrated the termination of close to 300,000 skilled worker applications, the largest backlog in Canada’s history while reneging on promises that their credentials would be evaluated under previous criteria.
- under conservatives, the government increased refusal rates thus preventing thousands of employers and temporary foreign workers across Canada from renewing their work permits.

more of it here (https://www.immigration.ca/fr/immigration-policy-canadas-conservatives-heartless-audio)

im not saying Trudeau (or Singh) are perfect, but Conservative's track doesnt smell good for immigration.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017

"They want to allow applicants to pay a fee to have their processing expedited." -- so you think its fair that those with more money will get a priority (over those that dont pay the expedited fee)?

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
"They want to allow applicants to pay a fee to have their processing expedited." -- so you think its fair that those with more money will get a priority (over those that dont pay the expedited fee)?
That's more fair than applying late and get PR first :) I applied earlier than you and still waiting for 1st portal email, and this is fair?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
That's more fair than applying late and get PR first :) I applied earlier than you and still waiting for 1st portal email, and this is fair?
Oh absolutely not! But atleast right now its due to incompetence rather than prioritizing money. Theres a lot of unknowns in that potential policy, but immigrants should not be prioritized based on prior wealth (and this is me from a privileged position where id wouldve paid the extra fee, i dont want those that cant pay the fee to not get a fair shot)

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Any portal email or COPR from anyone recently? Just talked to one of my friend AOR June 8, 2021, COPR issued at Etobicoke today. Fml

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
I don't understand, his application took only 3 months......mine it's been a year now. It's not like I have a complicated case. 1 Job, 1 Year of work experience, single applicant. 13 months coming on the 14th, Sept.
Applied in 2019 or 2020 making it considered complicated to IRCC.
Also depends on if COPR was generated and expired. 1 call center agent told me because copr was generated and expired now due to medical expired, it’s a complex file now.