singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Congrats to u
Can you plz tel Where is your PA from and where are you in Canada..
We hv been just waiting ..since Nov 5 it's showing application in progress after file moved to Missi. No news after that.. 2 months now
I think file tranfd to Missi is a good sign , this way you may be ahead of us.
I am in Edmonton and she is from India

Reactions: Lucky713

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Same here no news of transfer to Local VO
Just showing received medical
As I wrote few times here FILE TRANSFER is NOT necessary these days. You or even some agents won't tell you if NDVO is working on the file while it is in Sydney or Mississauga. We have seen many cases were finalized rt here in Canada as per Work Sharing Plan. Eventually file is MARKED for VO cause they are the ones will Stamp Visa and final destination will be there too.
In some cases files were sent o Mississauga but then in Canada officer reviewing it had minor doubts which could ONLY be clarified by VO of the applicant. So such cases files were further sent to VOs, even NDVO and within 3 months PPR came in. Again if NDVO finds a remark,"Interview Reqd or Review Requested" ONLY then it would have taken 5-6 months even more. Not all files are the same , NOT all viewers are the same, NOT all offices are the same. Some offices are heavily loaded with files otters are OK. Then they decided to process each Outland and Inland file within ONE year . But again that one year is for most cases say 80% some are very complicated, get refused and then we seek help of ADR>>Appeals .
Total time I mean average time NDVO has taken on 1 file was found to be 7 to 9 months from date of receipt i;e in Canada when it got stamped = a square stamp with date and time, that 1 page photocopy will hang on for years on front of that file. We have seen it; as ours was returned and we had to re-apply for some signatures missing. :) GOOD YEAR for you all

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I recommend all members to write their approx timeline in the Signatures or other area so that it is visible to all and is easier for each others to reply on a question.

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
I recommend all members to write their approx timeline in the Signatures or other area so that it is visible to all and is easier for each others to reply on a question.
hi dear, i noticed that your bgc started in mid dec, so are you able to listen that your bgc is started in your automated system when we call cic as well or it is just showing on gc key only?

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
hi dear, i noticed that your bgc started in mid dec, so are you able to listen that your bgc is started in your automated system when we call cic?
Welcome back! Jotsran, How are you? I was ignoring that GCKeys to watch all parts of it down to the end, so my rough idea is around mid DEC I saw that thing changed from;- "We have not started your background check but will...........,,,,,," to the following as I see;--
·
  • · Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • · Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
  • · Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
  • · Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • · Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • · Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • · Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
Could you share how your screen shows up? Thanks

Reactions: Lanak

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I learned 1 thing don't be excited with this;-
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
As I read they continue checking applications till 11th hour. Thus interview can happen even if it reads as above.
If you want to see notes in real sense then have to order GCMS notes. I think this can be ordered anytime but advisable to order after 6-7 months of receipt date if nothing happening or 1 sees no action for 3-4 months.

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Welcome back! Jotsran, How are you? I was ignoring that GCKeys to watch all parts of it down to the end, so my rough idea is around mid DEC I saw that thing changed from;- "We have not started your background check but will...........,,,,,," to the following as I see;--
·
  • · Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • · Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
  • · Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
  • · Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • · Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • · Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • · Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
Could you share how your screen shows up? Thanks
thanks for reply! :) i am good and thanks for asking. how are you? my timeline is still same :( as below:
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
· Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
· Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
· Interview: You do not need an interview.
· Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
· Background check: Your background has not started yet, We will send you a message if this changes.
· Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
I learned 1 thing don't be excited with this;-
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
As I read they continue checking applications till 11th hour. Thus interview can happen even if it reads as above.
If you want to see notes in real sense then have to order GCMS notes. I think this can be ordered anytime but advisable to order after 6-7 months of receipt date if nothing happening or 1 sees no action for 3-4 months.
idk, how much time they need for reviewing eligibility? they are doing it since starting :mad:

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
My updated timeline:

App received: Aug 27
AOR1: Nov 16
Ecas Sponsor DM: Nov 19
SA: Nov 20
Medical Request: Nov 22
CPC-M: Nov 26
Medical Passed: Dec 10
BGC: Dec 28
Ecas PA DM: Dec 29
PPR: Dec 31

Add'l info: PA from Philippines. No dependents

A nice way to end the year. It was also good to know that they were working on our applications in between holidays. I hope the rest will get an update soon. Best of luck guys! :)
Great news congratulations. Which office was processing your file?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
idk, how much time they need for reviewing eligibility? they are doing it since starting :mad:
Even if you phone an agent he/she will NEVER give you the correct answer for this particular line, however they will remind you of total of ONE YEAR limit :) :) I think this continues from SA sponsorship Approval dates until Security checks are finished for the applicant, then they would write DM= Decision Made, that would be if Interview was waived and they are fully satisfied..

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
thanks for reply! :) i am good and thanks for asking. how are you? my timeline is still same :( as below:
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
· Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
· Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
· Interview: You do not need an interview.
· Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
· Background check: Your background has not started yet, We will send you a message if this changes.
· Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
Mine is also the same, nerve racking

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I read written here that >>PPR would be triggered right after BGC starts. NO sir not necessarily because BGC and ELIGIBILITY they looks like MARRIED to each other. And seems like they will leave the house together at the last stage. This is my joke feelings only , I may be wrong :)

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Even if you phone an agent he/she will NEVER give you the correct answer for this particular line, however they will remind you of total of ONE YEAR limit :) :) I think this continues from SA sponsorship Approval dates until Security checks are finished for the applicant, then they would write DM= Decision Made, that would be if Interview was waived and they are fully satisfied..
i never spoke to an agent in ages. i just listen to automated system in a hope that something will changed in few minutes :p i know this is silly but i am bit worried:(