+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
But Owais, let's say if they send me an oath invitation when I am travelling, I can always tell them to postpone it right? Since I'll be away from the country they should understand that I won't be able to make it on that day
Yes, you can request them to reschedule. You will have to submit a webform inquiry and submit your return ticket with it. Note that you MUST inform them before hand if you are traveling for more than 2 weeks in a row.

Reactions: PMC89

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Yes, you can request them to reschedule. You will have to submit a webform inquiry and submit your return ticket with it. Note that you MUST inform them before hand if you are traveling for more than 2 weeks in a row.
Thanks, how can I access the webform to let them know? I am only travelling for 10-12 days

bpayne788

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hey friends, can someone tell me what I need to bring to my citizenship test? The notice they gave me said to bring "all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)". Does that include 2 passport photos too?
My test is this Friday at 8 and I haven't paid much attention to the required documents until now. Help much appreciated!

My test is this coming Friday as well (Edmonton) and I’m NOT bringing any passport photos...

Good luck to us! :)

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hi, I am still waiting for a test invite but wondering if my son who's 17 when I applied (still minor) and now 18 will take an exam as well. Maybe someone can share if they have the same experience. I sent our application last July 29 before he turned 18 last Aug 22nd 2018.
Hello Kabayan! My son who was 17 when we applied in July last year didn’t have to take the exam. He turned 18- January 14 and my test date was January 18.

Where is your local office?

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Kabayan! My son who was 17 when we applied in July last year didn’t have to take the exam. He turned 18- January 14 and my test date was January 18.

Where is your local office?
Hello, Salamat! I'm from Mississauga. Just concerned 'coz I submitted it only 1 month before he turns 18. Hopefully he will not take the test :)

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
May I know what is the normal processing time from ‘in process ‘ status to test invite? Isn’t it three months?
Hi, I am sorry to say that I am not sure there is a 'normal' to be honest. Time frames vary by province, by the individual, numbers of applicants, how busy the offices are and so on. Some applicants background checks take longer than others, some officers are slower at processing and so on. I personally think what focuses them more is the average '12 months' to complete the whole process. Whenever I have called CIC that is the line I always get.

For example, I am a Victoria applicant and have been in process since November. Victoria has no permanent citizenship centre for interviews, tests or oaths, we have to wait until they receive enough applications to warrant them coming over from Vancouver and setting up a 'one off' temporary location for two days or so at a time. Personally, I am not expecting any test stage until May or June at least. There is no advance notice showing any plans for a temporary office being set up at the moment. Unfortunately, at the 'in process' stage we are not asked if we are willing to travel elsewhere if it would help. Sadly, it is just a matter of patience for everybody, which is far from easy I know. Wishing everyone well in their own applications - we all feel the pain and are with you on that!

Mouez89

Sep 24, 2018
Test passed February 14
Interview was short. Easy questions and checking on the original documents (pr,health card,passport,diploma,proof of language,police report,stamps in the passport wasn’t in English I provided a translated copy of all the stamps)
February 21: Decision Made

Reactions: chenchen

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Test passed February 14
Interview was short. Easy questions and checking on the original documents (pr,health card,passport,diploma,proof of language,police report,stamps in the passport wasn’t in English I provided a translated copy of all the stamps)
February 21: Decision Made
Well done. Thanks for the update, I have updated the spreadsheet. Hope your Oath ceremony is very quick for you, as you are almost there now, great news.

BiomedAmrt

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Hi, I am sorry to say that I am not sure there is a 'normal' to be honest. Time frames vary by province, by the individual, numbers of applicants, how busy the offices are and so on. Some applicants background checks take longer than others, some officers are slower at processing and so on. I personally think what focuses them more is the average '12 months' to complete the whole process. Whenever I have called CIC that is the line I always get.

For example, I am a Victoria applicant and have been in process since November. Victoria has no permanent citizenship centre for interviews, tests or oaths, we have to wait until they receive enough applications to warrant them coming over from Vancouver and setting up a 'one off' temporary location for two days or so at a time. Personally, I am not expecting any test stage until May or June at least. There is no advance notice showing any plans for a temporary office being set up at the moment. Unfortunately, at the 'in process' stage we are not asked if we are willing to travel elsewhere if it would help. Sadly, it is just a matter of patience for everybody, which is far from easy I know. Wishing everyone well in their own applications - we all feel the pain and are with you on that!
Great. Does that 12 months counts right after they receive the documents like ‘ documents received date ‘ ?