August 2018 Application

Laziophilic

Nov 10, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Hi, I am sorry to say that I am not sure there is a 'normal' to be honest. Time frames vary by province, by the individual, numbers of applicants, how busy the offices are and so on. Some applicants background checks take longer than others, some officers are slower at processing and so on. I personally think what focuses them more is the average '12 months' to complete the whole process. Whenever I have called CIC that is the line I always get.

For example, I am a Victoria applicant and have been in process since November. Victoria has no permanent citizenship centre for interviews, tests or oaths, we have to wait until they receive enough applications to warrant them coming over from Vancouver and setting up a 'one off' temporary location for two days or so at a time. Personally, I am not expecting any test stage until May or June at least. There is no advance notice showing any plans for a temporary office being set up at the moment. Unfortunately, at the 'in process' stage we are not asked if we are willing to travel elsewhere if it would help. Sadly, it is just a matter of patience for everybody, which is far from easy I know. Wishing everyone well in their own applications - we all feel the pain and are with you on that!

I am Nanaimo applicant and it is still IP since december the 6th with the last update for FP that they recieved since Jan 18th. Other than that no updates and I don't like to call the call centre to inquire on my file unless it is super necessary.

It is really bad as I have to go to the US for exam in June and I have to defer my annual vacation trip maybe till August in hope I hear from CIC.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
I am Nanaimo applicant and it is still IP since december the 6th with the last update for FP that they recieved since Jan 18th. Other than that no updates and I don't like to call the call centre to inquire on my file unless it is super necessary.

It is really bad as I have to go to the US for exam in June and I have to defer my annual vacation trip maybe till August in hope I hear from CIC.
I know how you feel. Its a terrible disappointment with every day that passes without hearing anything. Hope you hear soon.

Reactions: Laziophilic

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
I passed the test yesterday. didn't read the book. I had 3-5 different apps on my phone for Canadian citizenship test- very helpful.
ecas decision made today.
and also a question: would I be receiving anything in the mail at this stage of my processing? because I'm moving to a new address and I wonder if I need to update it in the middle of process?
I have heard some other applicants who have taken the Oath say that they were informed of the Oath ceremony date by letter. Others have had an email. Did the interview officer after the test give you any idea how soon you would hear about the potential date of the Oath ceremony? In those circumstances and I can only speak from my own personal viewpoint, I would call the help centre and see if there is anything yet on your file for an Oath date. As an abundance of caution, if you are moving soon, I would update my address on Ecas, also send an online form to advise them that you are in the process of moving. If you move before you get your invite I would get my mail redirected until you hear. This may be overkill, but as an applicant the last thing you would want is for a letter giving your Oath ceremony date to not reach you. If you have a few months before you move, I am sure the helpline can advise you. Wishing you good luck with the ceremony, you must be greatly relieved that the whole process is nearly over.

Bluekitten

Feb 22, 2019
This application tracker and analysis rescue me from the anxiety of my waiting period :) So, I'm now here for sharing my experience of citizenship application for other's reference.

Application: Single
Days: 1122
App sent: Aug 8, 2018
App Delivered: Aug 13, 2018
AOR: Oct 30, 2018
IP: Nov8, 2018
Received FP request: Dec 3, 2018 (FP request letter date: Nov 26, 2018)
Received and forward FP result to IRCC: Dec 24, 2018
FP Delivered: Dec 28, 2018
Test Invite by email: Jan 21, 2019
Test date: Feb 20, 2019 (Passed 20/20)
DM ECAS: Feb 22, 2019

For FP, as I know, most Vancouver applicant received this requirement. VPD sends the FP result to applicant only, not to IRCC directly. Applicant must forward the original result to IRCC address mentioned in their request letter.

For Test, I met 90% questions in practice. They are not exactly the same questions. But the difference is just like: “Canada is our country” Vs. “our country is Canada”. Though the remain 2 questions I never met, but it’s very easy to figure out the wrong one if you read the Discover Canada or have common sense of Canada.

However, I still have a question. At the end of interview, a nice talk for Q&A, the officer said: “I have no further question, you can go.” And then I said bye and went… I forgot it’s an interview and did not ask for the result… Now, the ECAS shows DM. But I clicked the underlined status to see the details, the last one is still the one for test invitation notice. I have not received any email for it. How can I know what’s the “decision”?

bpayne788

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Well done, it must be a huge relief that the test is out of the way. I have updated the spreadsheet. Good luck with the final Oath stage
Thank you for keeping track of the spreadsheet... Yes it’s such a huge relief, now just waiting for the final stage....

Good luck to all of us..

Jul 30, 2014
Passport photos is not considered document. You should take all other documents such as your passports, PR card, COPR, IELTS or any other proof of language skills, and other such documents that you submitted to support your citizenship application.
Yes you were very right. In the end they just asked to see my IDs, PR card, and passports. nothing else.

Reactions: Owais Iqbal

bpayne788

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hi guys, i just want to share a bit of my interview experience in Edmonton office yesterday..

The officer asked me about if i have another child other than my minor applicant, so i said “NO” because what I thought is that “any more children under my application” which is really a no because she’s the only one under my application. I didn’t hear it properly what he meant was “any more children other than my minor applicant”.. then he asked me if I’m still working in the same workplace i put in my application, I said “no” because I’m on maternity leave. He wondered “why are you in mat leave that you said you don’t have any other children?” I told him I gave birth to my second baby last year and that I am sorry i misheard his question.

Does it make sense guys? Lol

Do you think it will be a reason the officer will decide not to give me grant of citizenship? I am really worried since after my interview, i was having a very bad neck pain and headache so maybe that was one of the reasons why I wasn’t focus and mishearing things...

Or I’m just paranoid? My husband keeps telling me it’s no big deal. I passed my test and at the end of the interview the officer made me sign papers and said that “I’m good”. ‍♀

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Krispherson, Congratulations passing the test. I have updated the spreadsheet. Wishing you all the very best for the final stage - Oath ceremony.

Last edited:

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi guys, i just want to share a bit of my interview experience in Edmonton office yesterday..

The officer asked me about if i have another child other than my minor applicant, so i said “NO” because what I thought is that “any more children under my application” which is really a no because she’s the only one under my application. I didn’t hear it properly what he meant was “any more children other than my minor applicant”.. then he asked me if I’m still working in the same workplace i put in my application, I said “no” because I’m on maternity leave. He wondered “why are you in mat leave that you said you don’t have any other children?” I told him I gave birth to my second baby last year and that I am sorry i misheard his question.

Does it make sense guys? Lol

Do you think it will be a reason the officer will decide not to give me grant of citizenship? I am really worried since after my interview, i was having a very bad neck pain and headache so maybe that was one of the reasons why I wasn’t focus and mishearing things...

Or I’m just paranoid? My husband keeps telling me it’s no big deal. I passed my test and at the end of the interview the officer made me sign papers and said that “I’m good”. ‍♀
Don't worry, I am sure all is well. If the officer had any misgivings at the end I am sure he would have said something to that effect. Wishing you luck with the final Oath stage.

Reactions: bpayne788

jaysh

Nov 26, 2018
Hello Guys,

passed the citizenship test yesterday at Edmonton office. Decision made status today. Admins please update spreadsheet

Reactions: bpayne788