+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Canadianavisa2017

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hello Friends,

Need advice, My representative submitted Schedule A form and additional proof of birth of my wife through webform on October 11, I tried many times in CIC to confirm if they have updated the file, but every time I get different response, today they told me that it will take time to update in the system as they are behind in their timeline, does anyone have any information that how many days does it take to update the file if the documents were sent through webform. thanks

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Wow interesting, I had an impression that we were given only 7 days to link. Anyways we have a lawyer and she is really not up to linking our application. Thanks for your help
Nope. You can link at any time throughout the process. We also have lawyers who wouldn't link. I was so adamant they finally did it to shut me up. Once they did, there was a message waiting for us, a final warning that they had requested additional documentation and if they didn't get it within 30 days, they would make a decision based on what they had. My lawyers say they never received any email from them requesting this documentation. Who knows, the whole system is effed up.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Thanks do you know how long would it take for them to email me from the date it appears on ecas?
Ours took about three days

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I have been searching for a complete Guidelines about the best approach to be with spouse in Canada (My to be Spouse lives in India).

I have PR status in Canada, I have a wedding planned in December 2017.

I am very curious and looking for help with your experiences.

What will be the best approach to bring my husband as soon to Canada?
(Few of my friends suggested after marriage go for Visitor visa, which would be easy to get since he is working in India)

What is the current waiting time to get PR for the spouse?
(If he can live with me a long waiting time is bearable but if he is living in India and am in Canada after marriage that's where the trouble begins).

I really appreciate to hear from you. or please forward me to appropriate thread that has similar discussions

Thanks is advance

Last edited:

Raza1214

Aug 20, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Ours took about three days
Thanks. I got SA last night after 75 days from the date of submission! Not sure what took them so long. Waiting for the medical request. Let's see how long that's going to take.

Raza1214

Aug 20, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Hello Friends,

Need advice, My representative submitted Schedule A form and additional proof of birth of my wife through webform on October 11, I tried many times in CIC to confirm if they have updated the file, but every time I get different response, today they told me that it will take time to update in the system as they are behind in their timeline, does anyone have any information that how many days does it take to update the file if the documents were sent through webform. thanks
I was told, it takes about good 10-15 business days for forms sent via web form to get updated. You should call the call center again in a few days to check.

RBV

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I guys I am new to this forum and seeking some information. Hope you can help me out.

I sponsored my spouse who is currently living in India.

Application received: Aug 24,2017
AOR1: Oct 03,2017
Schedule A/PCC/Photograph request: Oct 13,2017

Haven't received a request for medical examination yet. Is someone in the same boat with me?

How long generally it takes to receive a request for medical examination?

When should I expect an AOR2?

TIA

RBV

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello!
Does Principal applicant need to hand sign Schedule A ?
Thanks
No just right down the name of the principle applicant (e-sign) and upload it online. Also make sure you validate the filled form BEFORE you save it.

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Hello Everyone,
I have been searching for a complete Guidelines about the best approach to be with spouse in Canada (My to be Spouse lives in India).

I have PR status in Canada, I have a wedding planned in December 2017.

I am very curious and looking for help with your experiences.

What will be the best approach to bring my husband as soon to Canada?
(Few of my friends suggested after marriage go for Visitor visa, which would be easy to get since he is working in India)

What is the current waiting time to get PR for the spouse?
(If he can live with me a long waiting time is bearable but if he is living in India and am in Canada after marriage that's where the trouble begins).

I really appreciate to hear from you. or please forward me to appropriate thread that has similar discussions

Thanks is advance
have you not looked at the cic website?
my understanding is you can bring them to Canada on a visitor visa and apply for work permit and permanent residency simultaneously so that while awaiting permanent residency your spouse can be granted a work permit.

the Canadian government is currently working on spousal PR processing withing 12 months according to website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

best of luck and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials :)

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
I guys I am new to this forum and seeking some information. Hope you can help me out.

I sponsored my spouse who is currently living in India.

Application received: Aug 24,2017
AOR1: Oct 03,2017
Schedule A/PCC/Photograph request: Oct 13,2017

Haven't received a request for medical examination yet. Is someone in the same boat with me?

How long generally it takes to receive a request for medical examination?

When should I expect an AOR2?

TIA
be patient :)

it seems there is no consistency in this process as we received medical prior to SchA/PCC.

are you aware of the spreadsheet? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=784123583
add yourself to august applicants and take a look at other peoples timelines.

this is a long process but it will happen. best of luck :)

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
have you not looked at the cic website?
my understanding is you can bring them to Canada on a visitor visa and apply for work permit and permanent residency simultaneously so that while awaiting permanent residency your spouse can be granted a work permit.

the Canadian government is currently working on spousal PR processing withing 12 months according to website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

best of luck and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials :)
Thanka a lot

Reactions: betterthanyoko

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Nope. You can link at any time throughout the process. We also have lawyers who wouldn't link. I was so adamant they finally did it to shut me up. Once they did, there was a message waiting for us, a final warning that they had requested additional documentation and if they didn't get it within 30 days, they would make a decision based on what they had. My lawyers say they never received any email from them requesting this documentation. Who knows, the whole system is effed up.
It's not interesting at all, so there is a good chance that they might want something from us but we won't know it as we are not linked?