+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
It's not interesting at all, so there is a good chance that they might want something from us but we won't know it as we are not linked?
Honestly, I don't know, because after I submitted the document in friggen priority mail for a hundred bucks, it was signed for and within days our ecas updated "we requested docs from you on july 19". that updated in the last week of october. until then our lawyers got every request by email, so im wondering if they actually never got it and then once london VO received the docs they pushed the update through to ecas

Safsay

Nov 2, 2017
We didn't get our request yet but the lawyer applied for CSQ herself on Oct 24 (AOR1 on Oct 7, sponsor on Oct 13). When was your sponsor approved and do you have an idea if we will receive an invitation to apply for CSQ?
Yeah I got request on 10th October and they approved and send me the letter yesterday

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
How does the background check work. Y it's take so long when we are providing a clean pcc
that's the ridiculous part of the process, nobody exactly knows except the fact that they check your name in various databases for terrorists, international criminals, etc

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Looks like no, but if you check spreadsheet of people who applied in September, some already got background check and even AOR2, how fair is that if we are still August applicants waiting :(
i think its a fair thing that Canada seems to take each application on its own merits and deals with them individually rather then just process them systematically...if it takes a little longer so be it.
you dont know the other applicants situations. some cases are more simple/complex than others.

and there are only 3 or 4 september applicants who have received aor2 in the last few days.
also, there could have been many more applicants in june july which delayed august applcations but less in august so september applicants are being processed sooner....there are so many possible explanations but one fact remains...you need to be patient and just let them do their work.

Reactions: aiz19

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
How does the background check work. Y it's take so long when we are providing a clean pcc
a background check is more than just a police check..they are looking at your complete background..checking that info you have entered is true...education, employment, family, etc.
its like when you interview for a job and they check your references....but a bit more in depth.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
i think its a fair thing that Canada seems to take each application on its own merits and deals with them individually rather then just process them systematically...if it takes a little longer so be it.
you dont know the other applicants situations. some cases are more simple/complex than others.

and there are only 3 or 4 september applicants who have received aor2 in the last few days.
also, there could have been many more applicants in june july which delayed august applcations but less in august so september applicants are being processed sooner....there are so many possible explanations but one fact remains...you need to be patient and just let them do their work.
Really good advice. A lot of people do not realize applications are not processed in a linear chronological order.

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017

You make a strong point, I agree that it sounds reasonable. Patience is something very valuable, but unbearable longing feeling for our loved ones sometimes works stronger than reasonable thinking

Reactions: betterthanyoko

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
a background check is more than just a police check..they are looking at your complete background..checking that info you have entered is true...education, employment, family, etc.
its like when you interview for a job and they check your references....but a bit more in depth.
How can they exactly verify certain informations regarding people's education or family stuff? I don't believe foreign governments share such information between themselves, do they contact universities, job places?

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
You make a strong point, I agree that it sounds reasonable. Patience is something very valuable, but unbearable longing feeling for our loved ones sometimes works stronger than reasonable thinking
i understand it must be difficult for those of you who are not living with your partner. i cant imagine being away from my husband for this long.
thankfully, for those who can use it, there is the option of moving to Canada and applying inland for a work permit and PR simultaneously so that they can be together.
the thing is they are taking this into consideration and have committed to processing spousal sponsor PR applicants within a 12 month limit. id say most will happen in less than that.