Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
from what ive read in other threads, the wait for Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) is about 4-6 weeks from when they received your application. you will only know if they received your document if you signed up for sms msg with your application or if you sent it with a courier requiring signature otherwise you will be waiting until AOR to know if it arrived.
There is a backlog right now, probably because it's summer so they're getting a higher volume of applications. The 4 weeks mark is almost a dream now, and the normal is at the very least, 5. I would say it's expected 6 weeks at this point, even more. Right now they're on July 14th - 17th applicants, so you can have an idea. The first August applicant is probably 2 weeks or more away from getting AOR.
I have a feeling summer time is their busy time. If you think about it most people get married in the summer.
Your feeling is correct, it is their busy time.

harshpatelonline

Aug 30, 2017
Hello there,

I live in Canada and I am preparing to sponsor my wife who lives in India. A document requirement says, my wife needs to submit birth certificates of herself and her family. My mother-in-law does not have a birth certificate. Can we use school leaving certificate instead of birth certificates?

Also, do we need to include original birth certificates of proof of birth?

Looking forward to your responses!

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
I submit only the 21 of august and still haven't recieve my sms
What SMS, did you ask for that service where a SMS would be sent to you to indicate your application was with CIC? I think I saw something to that effect but I only saw it after I submitted my application.

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Hello there,

I live in Canada and I am preparing to sponsor my wife who lives in India. A document requirement says, my wife needs to submit birth certificates of herself and her family. My mother-in-law does not have a birth certificate. Can we use school leaving certificate instead of birth certificates?

Also, do we need to include original birth certificates of proof of birth?

Looking forward to your responses!
I think it means of her and if she has children (dependents) , her children. My husband sponsored me and I didn't submit birth certificate of my mother. I would only do it for my child (but my child is already Canadian citizen so I didn't need to). I could always look back at the instructions but I know I went though it with in totality and I was sure I didn't need to submit for my mom or else I would have done it.

EaidyJ

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
What SMS, did you ask for that service where a SMS would be sent to you to indicate your application was with CIC? I think I saw something to that effect but I only saw it after I submitted my application.
I am referring to the text message that cic sends when the app is in their mailroom

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hello All! Looking for March 2017 Family Class PR?

This has been a crazy and exhausting journey, as I am sure with everyone on here. I am curious about timetables, now that the paperwork changed in December 2016... My husband is Canadian and I am a U.S. Citizen. We completed our application in March 2017, was SA approved March 22, 2017, they requested my FBI Clearance and fingerprints, as well as medical in June. They have received the documents. I am not sure when we will hear anything else, as its been a few months. Anyone have a timeline so far that has been completed? I'm assuming that most that have applied in 2017, haven't had a final decision yet?

sangam44

May 24, 2017
Hi sangam44
They didn't return our whole application instead they asked us to send them the missing documents.
We sent missing documents on 1st August and it was received on 3rd August. So now we are waiting for AOR1.
oh great...good luck :)

hopephul100

Aug 10, 2017
I saw that there will be some delays because its end of summery/busy time -- I'm bit on my toes, because we didn't submit the right PR photo size -- from what I have read, it's not enough to return the application, but curious, how would you know your application is being returned? (my current fear) Any notice? Or just you just expect it in the mail..

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hello All! Looking for March 2017 Family Class PR?

This has been a crazy and exhausting journey, as I am sure with everyone on here. I am curious about timetables, now that the paperwork changed in December 2016... My husband is Canadian and I am a U.S. Citizen. We completed our application in March 2017, was SA approved March 22, 2017, they requested my FBI Clearance and fingerprints, as well as medical in June. They have received the documents. I am not sure when we will hear anything else, as its been a few months. Anyone have a timeline so far that has been completed? I'm assuming that most that have applied in 2017, haven't had a final decision yet?
this is the august thread... try posting in the march thread and reviewing the spreadsheet for march... http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2017-outland-spousal-applicant.476777/page-302#post-6322048

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
I submit only the 21 of august and still haven't recieve my sms
did you send it courier/signed mail? do you know if it was delivered? it took a month for our sms to come through so dont lose hope..im sure youll hear from them soon!

EaidyJ

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
did you send it courier/signed mail? do you know if it was delivered? it took a month for our sms to come through so dont lose hope..im sure youll hear from them soon!
It was delivered by canada post we didn't request for the signed mail..am.just waiting on sent an enquiry but they replied that it was returned on the 27 of July which was for the first time that we submitted so maybe my app was not open yet why I didn't get the sms..

EaidyJ

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
it was returned? maybe they dont send sms when they return the application. how did you know they returned it? i thought IRCC couldnt give information unless you have a reference number.
It was initially returned on july 27 and resubmitted it on August 21.. You cn send an enquiry from their website but am saying maybe it was nt open or else they would say so in the email they sent responding to my enquiry