+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
HashB said:
Mississauga. The application had gone to local office in January, I was told when I called cic in February.
Just hold on HashB...me also waiting for test invite...application received oct/nov 2014....

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wake up, August applicants. Any updates, any news? It became a habit for me to check this forum everyday. Even my family is fed up with me talking about the citizenship and the forum. lool :D

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Anyone from Montreal who is waiting for the test invite? My wife sent her application on Aug 2014 and no news yet.

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Well folks, I started this thread back in August to track our applications. It's been a great ride so far, and the journey has only begun. Finally a Canadian citizen and can't thank this forum enough.

I'll pop by every now and then, but not as often. Good luck to everyone.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ottawaResident said:
Well folks, I started this thread back in August to track our applications. It's been a great ride so far, and the journey has only begun. Finally a Canadian citizen and can't thank this forum enough.

congratulations :)

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawaResident said:

Congratulations. We started the race together but you out-ran me at the end. I am Happy for you. Good luck

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawaResident said:

Hi Augustians,

I remember very clearly, that I was about to start the thread for August, when I noticed that 'ottawaresident' had started it earlier than me. I am also thankful to everyone for being a part of it.

My journey hasn't finished yet, but at least I have moved one more step. I finished my test on June 23 and now waiting for the oath letter. I also noticed there is a huge line up of applicants waiting for oath before me.

I really wish we receive oath on Canada day, who knows.....might get lucky still. :)

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thepolestar said:
Hi Augustians,

I remember very clearly, that I was about to start the thread for August, when I noticed that 'ottawaresident' had started it earlier than me. I am also thankful to everyone for being a part of it.

My journey hasn't finished yet, but at least I have moved one more step. I finished my test on June 23 and now waiting for the oath letter. I also noticed there is a huge line up of applicants waiting for oath before me.

I really wish we receive oath on Canada day, who knows.....might get lucky still. :)
hope you'll get your oath letter soon. Most of June test takers are getting their oath very fast. Keep your fingers crossed.

Maverick82

Jun 19, 2015
Just want to update everyone that I just got my passport already - I'm now a holder of one of the world's most powerful passports ;D

Everybody must have taken their oaths already, but if it will help - this is my timeline at e-cas. Please do note that my local office is at Scarborough and I got an Residence Questionnaire too.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 25, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 25, 2014.
3. We started processing your application on October 27, 2014.
4. We sent you a notice on April 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 11, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. You became a Canadian citizen on June 18, 2015.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
The oath letter never showed up on ecas?
Maverick82 said:
Just want to update everyone that I just got my passport already - I'm now a holder of one of the world's most powerful passports ;D

Everybody must have taken their oaths already, but if it will help - this is my timeline at e-cas. Please do note that my local office is at Scarborough and I got an Residence Questionnaire too.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 25, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 25, 2014.
4. We sent you a notice on April 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 11, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Maverick82 said:

congratulations :)

Vancouver2014

Mar 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello August 2014 Applicants:

Just a little update with my application! I have passed my citizenship test yesterday 19/20 yeyy!!!! The citizenship officer is nice and polite. He didn't even asked my for my original documents except for my passport. He checked all the stamps on it. The interview was quick and sweet (only questions were "Where do I work? and How long I have been in Canada?" After that he said that everything is okay with my application and just wait for my oath between 2 - 3 months; if I have any further questions. I said no and will wait for the oath and hopefully soon :D

The whole test and interview only took me less that one hour including the wait time. Test scheduled for 8:01; I'm out of the office at 8:50 a.m.

Cheers,

Vancouver2014

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Vancouver2014 said:
Hello August 2014 Applicants:

Just a little update with my application! I have passed my citizenship test yesterday 19/20 yeyy!!!! The citizenship officer is nice and polite. He didn't even asked my for my original documents except for my passport. He checked all the stamps on it. The interview was quick and sweet (only questions were "Where do I work? and How long I have been in Canada?" After that he said that everything is okay with my application and just wait for my oath between 2 - 3 months; if I have any further questions. I said no and will wait for the oath and hopefully soon :D

The whole test and interview only took me less that one hour including the wait time. Test scheduled for 8:01; I'm out of the office at 8:50 a.m.

Cheers,

Vancouver2014

Congratulations :)

I have added your information in the following link:

https://goo.gl/BXGEHZ