+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
True!

Btw, jrjayl I still head nothing for the oath and the call centre stopped checking the status of applications outside the posted processing times (2 months).. I've had my test March 19th as you already know, should I start to freak out ?
No my friend there is no reason to freak out at this point. I think I'm one of the lucky ones because at the interview the officer said at the end "we will have a final review and if no concerns the oath letter shall arrive in between 2-3 months", and I received it in one month. My guess is that if the officer making the final review has some backlogs or on vacation or sick etc, then it will take a bit more to get you a date for the oath.

The last wait is the most anxious for us all, hang on there! My personal guess is that you should get the letter by end of this month or beginning of June.

Keep us posted!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jrjayl said:
No my friend there is no reason to freak out at this point. I think I'm one of the lucky ones because at the interview the officer said at the end "we will have a final review and if no concerns the oath letter shall arrive in between 2-3 months", and I received it in one month. My guess is that if the officer making the final review has some backlogs or on vacation or sick etc, then it will take a bit more to get you a date for the oath.

The last wait is the most anxious for us all, hang on there! My personal guess is that you should get the letter by end of this month or beginning of June.

Keep us posted!
Is there something like final review too?

During my interview, the officer told me that he is approving my file and said congratulations to me. He said I will receive oath invite in couple of months.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bouyaka said:
Is there anyone from Montreal who has a test or oath date?
Had my test on March 19th, still no news for oath.. I'm a july applicant though.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Is there something like final review too?

During my interview, the officer told me that he is approving my file and said congratulations to me. He said I will receive oath invite in couple of months.
To be honest, I have no idea how CIC works. I'm guessing I have a few stamps that I didn't declare because they are day trips so they might want to check. Again, this is just a guess.
If your case is straightforward, it is just a matter of time.

yr97 said:
Had my test on March 19th, still no news for oath.. I'm a july applicant though.
Give it another few weeks, I believe you'll do your oath soon enough!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jrjayl said:
To be honest, I have no idea how CIC works. I'm guessing I have a few stamps that I didn't declare because they are day trips so they might want to check. Again, this is just a guess.
If your case is straightforward, it is just a matter of time.

Give it another few weeks, I believe you'll do your oath soon enough!
I understand. Did the officer tell you about approval or he just said about review?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I understand. Did the officer tell you about approval or he just said about review?
No the officer who interviewed me did not metion anything like "approved".
I was only told "expect oath in 2-3 months if no concerns come up".

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We passed our test yesterday at Scarborough. Both I and my wife got 19/20. At the interview something odd happened though and I wanted to know if this has happened with others. The officer first checked through the identity documents and then each entry/exit stamp on the passport matching it with the residence calculator and the CBSA report. Then she went through the RQ stack and took out the US lease agreements, insurance, employment records and all bank and credit card statements (including Canada). Then she returned those documents to us only retaining the Canadian NOA, English testing proof, etc. We asked for next steps and were told Oath invite in 2-4 months, she was writing ok and approved in multiple places. Has this happened with others - i.e. return of documents?

eng2794

May 15, 2015
advise please what should i do :'(
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 2014.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My file has been transfered to mississauga on January 2015, in my last call with CIC call center they told me my background check has been completed, BUT no test schedule yet ??? ???
any advise what i should do

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
Wait

eng2794 said:
advise please what should i do :'(
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 2014.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My file has been transfered to mississauga on January 2015, in my last call with CIC call center they told me my background check has been completed, BUT no test schedule yet ??? ???
any advise what i should do

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
I am confused and concerened. I ordered ATIP and finally got it, not helpful at all. No information its all just what I sent them. Plus last time I spoke to the CIV agents they said all every thing is ok and my background check was done and all is good just wait for the test invite. I received a letter on my 4 they asked for finger prints which I did on monday. Needles to say I am very confused and concerened.
Does any one understands whats happening

eng2794

May 15, 2015
The last line on my e-cas showing we stared processing your application on October 2014
Only 3 lines
The call centre confirmed the application been transferred to missussaga local office on January 2015, but no test date been shcadulle yet??

And it's not showing on my e-cas that my file has been transferred ?????

Any idea what's going on ???? And why the transferred line not showing n my e-cas