+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

west2east

Jul 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I just called CIC today to ask if my file has been transferred to a local office and according to the agent it was transferred on November 24, 2014 to Scarborough local office.

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
Congrats to all the test date receivers.

Meanwhile I have a question to all my misfortunate fellows who got their applications lost.
I'm preparing a new package and I don't know if I should answer Yes to question 2 "I have applied for Canadian citizenship before". Wouldn't it look ridiculous? :eek:

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
west2east said:
So I just called CIC today to ask if my file has been transferred to a local office and according to the agent it was transferred on November 24, 2014 to Scarborough local office.
Congrats!

By the way, looking at the database Donvalley created, it seems like August applicants whose files were "in-process" from late Oct to early Nov with local office at Scarborough are getting the test dates.

There is a mass applicants who initially got email AOR and in-process update in early Dec (through E-Cas) can be in other stream.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yano4ka said:
Congrats to all the test date receivers.

Meanwhile I have a question to all my misfortunate fellows who got their applications lost.
I'm preparing a new package and I don't know if I should answer Yes to question 2 "I have applied for Canadian citizenship before". Wouldn't it look ridiculous? :eek:
Here "I have applied" would mean your application actually went into the repository and got in process.
In your case your application has never been in process in any means, it should be a "NO" from you.

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
jrjayl said:
Here "I have applied" would mean your application actually went into the repository and got in process.
In your case your application has never been in process in any means, it should be a "NO" from you.
Thank you, jrjayl

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to everyone from Scarborough who got test invites. Hopefully local offices from western Canada start processing our applications a bit faster too.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
torontormcf said:
I had called CIC twice to inquire about my local office. Both time they confirmed Scarborough, to which I followed up by asking has the file sent to the local office.
Thanks for clarification. I was asking because you stated a specific date (Nov 15), and I was wondering where did you get that particular date.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone, I am relocating to Toronto for a job. Do I need to change my Ottawa address? (Note: I still have a relative who will be staying at this address). Also, if I do change my address to the new one how will this affect my application process? TIA for your advice.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Not in process yet! According to my timeline when should I be expected "IN PROCESS"?

BTW, I noticed CIC that I left Canada for vacation 01-16 Nov and 01-31 Dec 2014.

Best,

AugCitiApp

Dec 4, 2014
I just called cic last Fri. The agent was extremely rude. I told him I would like to check the status of my application for citizenship. He said if I don't have any proof that my application has been in process (a letter saying I am called for a test date), he will not help me to check the status. I told him I applied in August and got an AOR email, and asked him again to take a look at my file to see how my application is going. He was already mad and told me "I told you to wait to be called for the citizenship test".....I gave up on him!!! :eek:
I am deterred to call cic again. Maybe just wait to see a letter in the mail. :(

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AugCitiApp said:
I just called cic last Fri. The agent was extremely rude. I told him I would like to check the status of my application for citizenship. He said if I don't have any proof that my application has been in process (a letter saying I am called for a test date), he will not help me to check the status. I told him I applied in August and got an AOR email, and asked him again to take a look at my file to see how my application is going. He was already mad and told me "I told you to wait to be called for the citizenship test".....I gave up on him!!! :eek:
I am deterred to call cic again. Maybe just wait to see a letter in the mail. :(
Most cases CIC call agents are useless. When I called found many of them speaks in different accent (other than Canadian English). It could be CIC given a outsourcing company to handle this somewhere in the globe like most the Banks, Hospitals does..Also they don't much information to share with applicant. If agent is a good one will tell that background completed, file transferred to local office, wait for letter etc. that's it..