+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to people who got the email.

I submitted mine by Fedex, Sent on Aug 14th, Received on Aug 18th, and no news yet. :(

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
dav3000 said:
I just finished my undergrad in April, so I did not really have many documents (i.e those related to work and so on). ..
Yeah...single application with nothing much to dig through!..it was a piece of cake for VO...

I sent on Aug 8 and CP delivered on Aug 11.

dav3000 said:
...... you'll get a confirmation this week or next. It's only a guess though....
Thanks..I am not in hurry anyway, neither going anywhere....The only concern, though no chances is about if I did any mistake or not; as I was collecting and putting it all together for more than a month!!! I am happy if they don't return or ask anything more even if they take some time...no worries...

steven77

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
No one got any email today?
just FYI, according to an user on a Chinese immigration forum, a user whose application received by CIC on Aug 8, just received a email notification today.(Oct 16)

steven77

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not received any email from CIC,but today when i check E-case status,I found following info at their site. Thanks god,my case is in processing. The waiting game for first step is over now.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 21, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 21, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 11, 2014.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
steven77 said:
I did not received any email from CIC,but today when i check E-case status,I found following info at their site. Thanks god,my case is in processing. The waiting game for first step is over now.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 21, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 21, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Congrats!!
You got Client ID or just PR number to check on ecas?

steven77

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I always used client id (UCI) number to check my status online, it was never failed.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steven77 said:

Congrats!!!! At least we August applicants have started receiving confirmations. Just like you, they've began processing my application too.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Yeah I was thinking you didn't receive Client ID. Lol you didn't mention earlier anyways CONGRATS again.

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexdive said:
Yeah I was thinking you didn't receive Client ID. Lol you didn't mention earlier anyways CONGRATS again.
fyi client ID is the 8-digit number on the PR Card (front): xxxx-xxxx

So if you have the PR number, you probably have client ID too.

I'm losing my patience here - but that's just too early for that :)

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Just checked and....

... Nothing still :(

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
steven77,

Where did you apply from ? Looks like you saw it in e-CAS and not thro email. That's odd.... so then they still seem to be doing a mix of email confirmation in some cases and old fashioned e-CAS in others ? ::)

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawaResident said:
Just checked and....

... Nothing still :(
I would not lose hope too quickly - not saying you lost hope; just saying let's cheer up. They are officially opening applications from July 22. I.e., any more recent application opened is a bonus. In long run, even a month of delay to get an initial update does not mean a month of delay in getting the citizenship oath (which really is when you are a citizen).

That being said, I check my ecas every hour or so - this impatience is getting out of control LoL

gatormei

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree that with slm.tbt.
I got my email and ecas updated quickly, but I know I will wait for a while to get my citizenship since my local office should be Edmonton.

I would say you should get the ecas updated quickly as long as you have not received any returned document....no news is good news now.

slm.tbt said:
I would not lose hope too quickly - not saying you lost hope; just saying let's cheer up. They are officially opening applications from July 22. I.e., any more recent application opened is a bonus. In long run, even a month of delay to get an initial update does not mean a month of delay in getting the citizenship oath (which really is when you are a citizen).

That being said, I check my ecas every hour or so - this impatience is getting out of control LoL