INFORMATION FOR ALL

Application received august 29
Processing started oct 23
Test letter received February 15
Test done February 24
Oath march 14.
Scarborough local office
Family.
Been to home country twice in relevant period and many times to US. Total period our of country 2 months
Hi,congrats,can you say your home country region?middle east?eastern asia?europe?if you are not from middle east please just say no.thanks for your info

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I am going to file my citizenship application. I have 3 kids under age 18. Do I need to fill up a seperate application form for them? There is a link in CIC website for the app. form for minors but it's not working. Please advise. Thank you.

jingle

Aug 22, 2009
free said:
Hi,congrats,can you say your home country region?middle east?eastern asia?europe?if you are not from middle east please just say no.thanks for your info

All I can say to everyone is - be yourself and upfront - if you try and hide anything or circumvent, it will land you in more difficulty. From what I have seen in immigration process, PR and Citizenship process, as long as you provide all details, are upfront, Fair, truthful and have everything clearly laid out - you should be ok. There is no bias towards any nationality or anything - This is Canada.

The same experience in interview etc. they check details and passports. if you have details and backup documents, you should be ok. check you documents yourself by stepping into CIC shoes and you will know what is required. e.g. If you have foreign stamps in passport, have those translated even if they don't ask for it in the first go. Be ready.

CIC team has gone through hundreds of cases and they have experience. We as individuals have seen only one case :p so they know what are the issues, what can be problems, what you are truthful about and what you are avoiding to disclose. - SO better be upfront.

best of luck guys.

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
jingle said:
All I can say to everyone is - be yourself and upfront - if you try and hide anything or circumvent, it will land you in more difficulty. From what I have seen in immigration process, PR and Citizenship process, as long as you provide all details, are upfront, Fair, truthful and have everything clearly laid out - you should be ok. There is no bias towards any nationality or anything - This is Canada.

The same experience in interview etc. they check details and passports. if you have details and backup documents, you should be ok. check you documents yourself by stepping into CIC shoes and you will know what is required. e.g. If you have foreign stamps in passport, have those translated even if they don't ask for it in the first go. Be ready.

CIC team has gone through hundreds of cases and they have experience. We as individuals have seen only one case :p so they know what are the issues, what can be problems, what you are truthful about and what you are avoiding to disclose. - SO better be upfront.

best of luck guys.
thanks for advises,canada is not a Utopian country coming from paradise,every country faces some kind of racism,system of immigration in not working very well.because it worked well for you does not mean everything is 100%.everybody knows this system has flaws but not clear what is the reason and CIC never reveals.other advises were useful thanks

jingle

Aug 22, 2009
free said:
thanks for advises,canada is not a Utopian country coming from paradise,every country faces some kind of racism,system of immigration in not working very well.because it worked well for you does not mean everything is 100%.everybody knows this system has flaws but not clear what is the reason and CIC never reveals.other advises were useful thanks
not sure what is cause of your bitterness - all I wanted to do was give hope from my experience and all the people that i know which have straight forward cases, they got through quickly. and I really mean All the people I know who had straight forward cases.

So all I can say is suite yourself..... negative or positive attitude. This is Canada. like it and or leave.

I am done.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have citizenship test on 21st March at 1.30 PM (Scarborough). Do you have any idea, what time I have to reach the test center?

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi friends,
I applied in August 2013. and called CIC today and they told me that my application has been transferred to the local CIC in Calgary this month. They said at this stage my application is considered to be routine and local CIC will continue processing the application.
when my file is transferred to the local office, what does this mean?? does it mean I should expect the invitation letter for the exam soon? how long does it usually take to get invited for the test once the application is transferred to the local office?
thanks kindly!

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
jingle said:
not sure what is cause of your bitterness - all I wanted to do was give hope from my experience and all the people that i know which have straight forward cases, they got through quickly. and I really mean All the people I know who had straight forward cases.

So all I can say is suite yourself..... negative or positive attitude. This is Canada. like it and or leave.

I am done.
is not it better that you mind your won business about who stays and who leaves?do you have same malady that citizens of your original country determines who leaves and who stays?july applicants 90% got their test but very slow august,info is in forum

sweetguy4u

Mar 5, 2008
Here is my time line..
Application received - August 2nd 2013
Started Processing - October 9th 2013
Fingerprint request letter - March 2014
Province - Ontario
Days at the time of application 1104

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any updates boys/girls?....

Seems like Augusters are the forgotten ones lmao!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Any updates boys/girls?....

Seems like Augusters are the forgotten ones lmao!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D
I agree our files are buried somewhere... :D... updating you all I am still waiting for Oath...

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
No news from my side. As per the agent I spoke to the file was transferred to Scarborough local office in December 2013 and it's a regular application so far. That's all I know.