25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Remrov said:
I already recieved my COPR a while ago but still don't know when I can leave to Canada. There are problems with getting the export papers for my parrot. It's all so uncertain. I need a healthcertificate for my pet parrot and I have to get that at the Dutch Food and Product Consumer safety Authority. But they are really behind and ver slow there. They can't even promiss that I get it before my COPR is expired. This feels so powerless. I'm doing nothing besides making phonecall s and sending emails to find out if there's another way. I'm totally in stress over it.
Does your parrot have to go with you when you land?! Can someone look after him/her until the papers come through and ship the animal over. Or you could vacation in canada for a weekend, land and return to deal with your pet?...

Thank you everyone for replying to my post!

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Hello Augustees!

I'm here to give some movement to the thread, and I bring interesting news!

Some of you might remember I'm pregnant. I'm 3 months along, and everything is fine with me and the baby. After getting the confirmation from the MD that I have a low-risk pregnancy, we let the Canadian embassy know yesterday about our "development".

I didn't expect the embassy to call this morning, though. They basically said they had received my email, and after checking my application, they were ready to issue my visa! The one problem was, though, that my medicals expire on May 25th. They gave me two options: either land before May 25th, or wait until the baby is born-- which means we wouldn't be able to move to Canada until after around April next year.

So, we decided to leave in 3 to 4 weeks :) They're giving me a special permission to go to the embassy out of office hours next week to drop off my passport, and I'll be done :D

I never expected the pregnancy to work in our favour this way, but it seems in this case, it did :)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
kyc221 said:
Hello Augustees!

I'm here to give some movement to the thread, and I bring interesting news!

Some of you might remember I'm pregnant. I'm 3 months along, and everything is fine with me and the baby. After getting the confirmation from the MD that I have a low-risk pregnancy, we let the Canadian embassy know yesterday about our "development".

I didn't expect the embassy to call this morning, though. They basically said they had received my email, and after checking my application, they were ready to issue my visa! The one problem was, though, that my medicals expire on May 25th. They gave me two options: either land before May 25th, or wait until the baby is born-- which means we wouldn't be able to move to Canada until after around April next year.

So, we decided to leave in 3 to 4 weeks :) They're giving me a special permission to go to the embassy out of office hours next week to drop off my passport, and I'll be done :D

I never expected the pregnancy to work in our favour this way, but it seems in this case, it did :)
Congratulations!! That's amazing news on so many levels! May you, hubby, and baby have a wonderful like together.

Remrov

May 16, 2012
scottishmaple said:
Does your parrot have to go with you when you land?! Can someone look after him/her until the papers come through and ship the animal over. Or you could vacation in canada for a weekend, land and return to deal with your pet?...

Thank you everyone for replying to my post!
Sorry for my late respons!

I do have to accompany my bird on the plane so I'm not allowed to let somebody else ship him. And....the bird has to be in my personal possession 90 days prior to import, and they mean this really litterally, physically in my personal possession.

But I have good news now.
Everything is done. The Food and Product Authority let me go first because all their other clients are companies.

I am going to land on the 22nd this month. With my birdy friend.

Maybe somebody can update the August sheet for me?

For everybody who's still waiting. I wish you all good luck. When I'm settled in Canada I will return to this forum to help others.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Remrov said:

I do have to accompany my bird on the plane so I'm not allowed to let somebody else ship him. And....the bird has to be in my personal possession 90 days prior to import, and they mean this really litterally, physically in my personal possession.

Everything is done. The Food and Product Authority let me go first because all their other clients are companies.

For everybody who's still waiting. I wish you all good luck. When I'm settled in Canada I will return to this forum to help others.
I am glad you got it sorted out.

Good Luck with your landing.

I am just heading out, I will update the spreadsheet later today.

If anyone else has any updates, it would be great to have them posted here today..

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Remrov said:

So glad it's all fixed and now u can officially land. Good luck with everything!! Depending on where you're landing, the weather is so awesome right now!

sweetformysweet

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
File Transfer...
27-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
24-05-2013
Hi there my husband got his visa last april 25

Thanks!

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Hi guys!

It's been a while since I've updated my status here. Congrats to everyone who received their visa's already and for the one's who are waiting,
good luck :)

I applied in August 2012, and my VO is Abu dhabi. My husband had his interview on the 16th of August, and he did good and he passed the interview with the officer approving ....
I'm a bit confused... I know the Immigration Officer told my husband that it would take another 1 month since background checks were on but she also mentioned that they wouldn't do further in depth background checks or something like that and the rest would take about 1 month MAX... she said it could even be 3 weeks or two weeks.... I am not sure,,,, she mentioned that everything was clear from Canada so i'm assuming that security checks are over..and she mentioned that now they are just waiting for it to be cleared from Dubai.. I have no idea what??? I guess background check from Dubai...

I would greatly appreciate your reply or if you have any ideas or if you can shed some light I would greatly appreciate it... I filed my application on August 10th 2012 and interview was on April 16th 2013, Document request was Dec 4th 2012... no more documents were asked for and IO gave pics and almost everything back to my husband on interview date... Also E-cas was updated to "in process" on April 17th 2013, a day after the interview... It's going to be 9 months this month in May since applying and I'm getting so depressed without my hubby. Living without him has been so difficult and hard.

Looking forward to your reply's,

thanks!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
munchkin80 said:
Hi guys!

It's been a while since I've updated my status here. Congrats to everyone who received their visa's already and for the one's who are waiting,
good luck :)

I applied in August 2012, and my VO is Abu dhabi. My husband had his interview on the 16th of August, and he did good and he passed the interview with the officer approving ....
I'm a bit confused... I know the Immigration Officer told my husband that it would take another 1 month since background checks were on but she also mentioned that they wouldn't do further in depth background checks or something like that and the rest would take about 1 month MAX... she said it could even be 3 weeks or two weeks.... I am not sure,,,, she mentioned that everything was clear from Canada so i'm assuming that security checks are over..and she mentioned that now they are just waiting for it to be cleared from Dubai.. I have no idea what??? I guess background check from Dubai...

I would greatly appreciate your reply or if you have any ideas or if you can shed some light I would greatly appreciate it... I filed my application on August 10th 2012 and interview was on April 16th 2013, Document request was Dec 4th 2012... no more documents were asked for and IO gave pics and almost everything back to my husband on interview date... Also E-cas was updated to "in process" on April 17th 2013, a day after the interview... It's going to be 9 months this month in May since applying and I'm getting so depressed without my hubby. Living without him has been so difficult and hard.

Looking forward to your reply's,

thanks!
It sounds like you are almost there!

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
hi thanks for your reply... Yeah I think I am... but I am so paranoid over how much longer it might take... :(
I miss my husband sooooo much.. :(

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
tink23 said:
Congratulations!! That's amazing news on so many levels! May you, hubby, and baby have a wonderful like together.
Thank you so much! We're landing on the 20th, directly in Edmonton :)

Congrats to those being so close to landing, and good luck to the rest!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Spreadsheet has been updated.

A little later than anticipated as it was beautiful in scotland yesterday and I just had to get out of the house all day and since this is Scotland, yesterday was probably our summer for the entire year!!!

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
scottishmaple said:
Spreadsheet has been updated.

A little later than anticipated as it was beautiful in scotland yesterday and I just had to get out of the house all day and since this is Scotland, yesterday was probably our summer for the entire year!!!
Thanks for keeping the file updated :)

I understand the need to go out. I've always had a "thing" for Scotland, and if I had been there on a sunny day, I would have spent it outside as well!

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA