Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anyone here thinking of withdrawing and reapplying? is that crazy or a good idea? just curioius.

jsp

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At this moment i would say let's see what happens with the start of new year, it is quite possible that in last year they ve picked recent applications only.

if by 2010-Feb. end same trend continues, it would be better to relodge application, but in that situation recollecting of ielts score card and other experience documents is problem. In mine case i ve provided original experience certificates as demanded by ND chc.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
God I wouldn't want to withdraw then go through the hassle of putting together all those documents again :'( They should've just said outright that 2008 applicants' timelines will be more or less the same as it was before the announcement was made in November. Lucky lucky lucky for those who applied in Jan 09 onwards. Aaaargh this is so frustrating.

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are not going to be same. I think our time starts from when we got the letter to submit our full application. As I got mine on 29 May, I am positive that my process will be completed before june 2010. May be I am wrong, let us see.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SASIF said:
They are not going to be same. I think our time starts from when we got the letter to submit our full application. As I got mine on 29 May, I am positive that my process will be completed before june 2010. May be I am wrong, let us see.
Thanks SASIF, I think you're probably right. I'd be worried if mine was the only one not moving but looks like all 2008 applicants are waiting. Seems to me that out timelines are not that very far apart.

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trinatocanada said:
Thanks SASIF, I think you're probably right. I'd be worried if mine was the only one not moving but looks like all 2008 applicants are waiting. Seems to me that out timelines are not that very far apart.
Yes I am tagging behind you. Sent my full application on 11 September.

jsp

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF US who are waiting n waiting for our turn though many who have applied afterward got their visas.

i expect this frustration would be over soon and year 2010 will bring lots of cheers to all of us. We if can't speedup the process, at least keep each others moral high.

i just came to know through a friend that for 2008 applications decision would be taken from feb.2010 onwards.

one again ALL THE BEST . Keep posting any updation u receive.

jsp

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends , nothing to update???????

Anyone any news regarding 2008 cases!!!!!

Mehregan

Jan 11, 2010
Hi every body . I am new in this site.

I think we are on the same train

I have applied in November 2008 and I have sent my full supporting document in June 2009 but I have not received any AOR or something like that.

when I asked for confirmation by mail, they told me that my application is in the queue for processing and nothing else changed till now.

my ecas status is "we started processing your application on 5 December 2008" and i think they have not start real processing yet.

I think the applications which are send directly to visa office instead of Sydney are in different processing time category.

Any idea?

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mehregan,

Welcome to the O-eight waiting game. Have a seat and make yourself comfortable =)
There have been alot of speculations as to why 2008 applications seemed to come to a standstill. We really can't do anything about this except to wait. Have comfort in the fact that you are not alone. Im pretty sure that in 2010, when one of our members' files will start moving then everybody will follow suit.

Does it say Application REceived or In Process in your ecas?

apache

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
04 Jun 2009
File Transfer...
09 Jun 2009
Med's Request
15 Dec 2009
Med's Done....
20 Jan, 29 Jan
Passport Req..
13 May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2010
hello gals n guys,

sometimes i get confused with the way they handle applications. or is it local office dependent? to give you an idea with my application, here it is:

oct '08 - i applied w/london chc (simplified processin)

05 jan '09 - date of the acknowledgement tellin me my file was sent to CIO-NS. it says if i dnt receive a refund letter or further instructions w/in 4mos fr d date of d letter, i should write them. they gave me a ref number

04 jun '09 - got email fr CIO-NS givin me 120days to submit full app to london chc

09 jun '09 - file transferd to london chc

27 sep '09 - sent my full app (rec'd 30 sep - w/only 2 days to spare b4 my deadline! whew!)

15 dec '09 - date of med n rprf request

23 dec '09 - recvd med/rprf rqst

my ecas says "in process" started processin 23 nov

so hang in there, keep ur hopes alive! sooner or later, all will jst be fine . .

good luck to us all . . .

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello '08ers,

I finally got our medical requests! Letter was dated Dec. 15, 2009 but arrived on January 18, 2010! That is a month's delay by post.

Trina

jsp

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its a good news, atleast some of 2008ers start getting medical requests.

any of 2008 applicant who has applied to New Delhi office, got medical/PP request or visa stamped. Please keep us updated about ur case progress.

apache

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
04 Jun 2009
File Transfer...
09 Jun 2009
Med's Request
15 Dec 2009
Med's Done....
20 Jan, 29 Jan
Passport Req..
13 May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2010
to trina

congrats! mine is dated 15 dec too. but my aunt (in BC) received it on the 23rd. where's your location?