+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attestation letter requirement

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi please my application was submitted to the government on January 12/2024 Fanshawe student, am done with the biometric but no update yet, is still submitted to the government. Do I need attestation letter? If yes how would I get it. My fees has been paid. I will start school on September 3.
No you don’t need letter. If refused, you will.

Oshin123

Mar 22, 2024
I am also in the same situation. My intake's in May at Toronto School of Management. Already have LOA and paid my tuition fees. I was wondering if I can join this May? I'm getting really worried and sad.

Oshin123

Mar 22, 2024
We are in the same ordeal so to say in my own case I paid 9500 CAD and even have some funds in GIC. I'm perplexed right now was to submit my application this week and the announcement happened. It's a bad blow to May's intakes
I am also in the same situation. My intake's in May at Toronto School of Management. Already have LOA and paid my tuition fees. I was wondering if I can join this May? I'm getting really worried and sad.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
What stage is your visa processing in now? Because if you haven't applied for the visa yet, then you can forget about May intake being possible.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
it was after january 22. thats why i need PAL
Honestly, you are going to a private college so getting PAL may be more difficult. Provinces are capped and will select students who are going to public colleges/universities and those in programs where there are skill shortages.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
it was after january 22. thats why i need PAL
You should probably try to use the reason of not being able to come for May intake anymore, as a reason that they should consider letting you withdraw your application and give you a full refund (or just subtract a small admin fee or whatever). This may be easier once your application is returned with the letter stating that you applied without a PAL. Even with the PAL, you're otherwise wasting your time and money. Talk to your advisor about your reasons for not wanting to continue and don't let them convince you with any promises.

Henry Jergen

Mar 28, 2024
Do study permits that were applied in late 2023 before the new 2024 attestation rule still need to webform the attestation letter? be they're only releasing it in march so what happens to study permits that were applied before 2024 and still haven't gotten a verdict, I applied in october 2023 and have yet to received word on my application but do I now need an attestation letter which only comes out in march??
Do you have to pay money for the attestation letter

arin03

Mar 28, 2024
I have applied for advanced diploma in Compute programming and analysis in Seneca college, Toronto. I have applied for my visa application in 1st week of march. I also gave my biometric but after 4 days of my biometric I got a letter that I need PAL for my application. And since my application doesn't have it, so they didn't accept my application. I have emailed my college about this and requested them for the PAL but haven't got any response yet. My classes will start from 3rd may. I am very stressed and worried about this situation. what should I do now?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for advanced diploma in Compute programming and analysis in Seneca college, Toronto. I have applied for my visa application in 1st week of march. I also gave my biometric but after 4 days of my biometric I got a letter that I need PAL for my application. And since my application doesn't have it, so they didn't accept my application. I have emailed my college about this and requested them for the PAL but haven't got any response yet. My classes will start from 3rd may. I am very stressed and worried about this situation. what should I do now?
Defer to September and get new LOA. Ontario just set parameters yesterday so unlikely to get PAL and study approved in 6 weeks.

Reactions: Khadeen