+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Program(AIP) for Housekeeper/Room Attendant

Mariia25

Jan 29, 2024
Good Day! I live in Halifax, and I heard last news, that Nova Scotia Nominee Program(NSNP) has announced a temporary halt on accepting applications from the Accommodations and Food service sector from 17.04.2024...
So now I'm a bit confused about ways of applying for PR, as my work permit will expire after 1 year..May I apply for PR by AIP, or PNP is only the one way for me?
My brother was advicing to move to another province as alternative, but I think it's too late, and also holding this variant as a last plan..

Mariia25

Jan 29, 2024
If I'm not wrong, my NOC 65310, and TEER 5, as I'm cleaning hotel's rooms..
About provinces, to be honest, I haven't hard idea, I was looking for provinces nearby, but as I mentioned, this way I'm holding for "no choice" situation, I prefer to get all on same province I arrived, or to get really great advice about moving in some specific province..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If I'm not wrong, my NOC 65310, and TEER 5, as I'm cleaning hotel's rooms..
About provinces, to be honest, I haven't hard idea, I was looking for provinces nearby, but as I mentioned, this way I'm holding for "no choice" situation, I prefer to get all on same province I arrived, or to get really great advice about moving in some specific province..
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration/how-to-immigrate/eligibility.html

Seems like TEER 5 is not eligible. So you need to get another job with designated employer in TEER 1-4.

Mariia25

Jan 29, 2024
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration/how-to-immigrate/eligibility.html

Seems like TEER 5 is not eligible. So you need to get another job with designated employer in TEER 1-4.
Thank you..but I mentioned that I have only one year left, so I can't get another "kind" of job, but use that experience I got here, since almost 2 years..
So, in my case, I have to "either find employer, who will provide me job offer", "either move to province nearby"?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you..but I mentioned that I have only one year left, so I can't get another "kind" of job, but use that experience I got here, since almost 2 years..
So, in my case, I have to "either find employer, who will provide me job offer", "either move to province nearby"?
You can apply for AIP if you are eligible and have TEER 0-4 work experience in last 5 years, and have job offer with designated employer. Not sure what other provinces you are eligible for.

Mariia25

Jan 29, 2024
You can apply for AIP if you are eligible and have TEER 0-4 work experience in last 5 years, and have job offer with designated employer. Not sure what other provinces you are eligible for.
That point I got, thank you! And sorry for confusion by last message, but I was talking about PNP way, like apply for PR, through Provincial Nominee Program(PNP), but in another province, as Nova Scotia stopped viewing applications from Accommodation and Food Services workers...
So my question in last message was "shall I get job offer in my province anyway and apply through PNP...or shall I move to another province for applying through PNP there?"...
Cause, as I understood, I can't apply for PR through other programs, except PNP..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That point I got, thank you! And sorry for confusion by last message, but I was talking about PNP way, like apply for PR, through Provincial Nominee Program(PNP), but in another province, as Nova Scotia stopped viewing applications from Accommodation and Food Services workers...
So my question in last message was "shall I get job offer in my province anyway and apply through PNP...or shall I move to another province for applying through PNP there?"...
Cause, as I understood, I can't apply for PR through other programs, except PNP..
You have to research each PNP program and find out what one you would be eligible for with a TEER 5 job. You will need a job offer too.

Mariia25

Jan 29, 2024
You have to research each PNP program and find out what one you would be eligible for with a TEER 5 job. You will need a job offer too.
Definitely, thank you very much!
Also..can you tell me please, if temporary halt on accepting applications for PR is really disturbing me for applying, or my application will be viewed by the way? (as I asked before - shall I apply in my own province, or I'm wasting the time and I have to move in another province?)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Definitely, thank you very much!
Also..can you tell me please, if temporary halt on accepting applications for PR is really disturbing me for applying, or my application will be viewed by the way? (as I asked before - shall I apply in my own province, or I'm wasting the time and I have to move in another province?)
Contact NS PNP and ask about whether the program stream will restart. You are in a TEER 5 job so not a lot of options for PR.

Reactions: YVR123 and Mariia25