+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATIP Request/GCMA Notes

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
Hello guys,

I am trying to find about the status of my immigration.
  • I was a student in Canada and after graduation, I started working under NOC C job.
  • I still applied for PR under NOC B job, who's responsibilities were very similar to my job, but my employer didn't give me the required letter to apply for my PR.
  • So I didn't submitted the documents and let the ITA expire in its own
  • I also applied for BOWP (Paper Application) but never received any reply from the immigration about this application
  • As a result of waiting for a reply, I have an overstay of around 1.5 years.
  • Now I am trying again to apply for PR. But I want to see if everything is okay with my profile and I don't have any kind of ban imposed.
  • So applying for GCMA notes is the best way to get that information? If yes, what option should I choose under "What type of record would you like to request? "
  • These are all the options I can see:
    • Temporary Residence
      Permanent Residence
      Family Class, Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class or Refugee Sponsorship
      Express Entry Profile
      Medical
      Landing Record
      Permanent Resident Card
      Travel Document Application (for Permanent Resident Abroad)
      Authorization to Return to Canada
      IRCC's Refugee Claim
      Pre-Removal Risk Assessment
      Citizenship
      Rehabilitation (for persons who are inadmissible to Canada
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys,

I am trying to find about the status of my immigration.
  • I was a student in Canada and after graduation, I started working under NOC C job.
  • I still applied for PR under NOC B job, who's responsibilities were very similar to my job, but my employer didn't give me the required letter to apply for my PR.
  • So I didn't submitted the documents and let the ITA expire in its own
  • I also applied for BOWP (Paper Application) but never received any reply from the immigration about this application
  • As a result of waiting for a reply, I have an overstay of around 1.5 years.
  • Now I am trying again to apply for PR. But I want to see if everything is okay with my profile and I don't have any kind of ban imposed.
  • So applying for GCMA notes is the best way to get that information? If yes, what option should I choose under "What type of record would you like to request? "
  • These are all the options I can see:
    • Temporary Residence
      Permanent Residence
      Family Class, Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class or Refugee Sponsorship
      Express Entry Profile
      Medical
      Landing Record
      Permanent Resident Card
      Travel Document Application (for Permanent Resident Abroad)
      Authorization to Return to Canada
      IRCC's Refugee Claim
      Pre-Removal Risk Assessment
      Citizenship
      Rehabilitation (for persons who are inadmissible to Canada
Thanks
Are you still in Canada?

You never applied for PR (i.e. never submitted your application after getting ITA) so I think you would need to select Temporary Residence.

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
Are you still in Canada?

You never applied for PR (i.e. never submitted your application after getting ITA) so I think you would need to select Temporary Residence.
Hey,

Thank you for the reply.
  • I actually came back to my home country in 2018. My work visa expired in 2016. But before its expiration, I applied for PR under CEC and also I applied for BOWP (Paper Application) for which I never got any reply back. But yes, I never submitted the documents when I got my ITA.
  • So I have an overstay of around 1.7 years like I mentioned.
  • So you think I should choose Temporary Residence still?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey,

Thank you for the reply.
  • I actually came back to my home country in 2018. My work visa expired in 2016. But before its expiration, I applied for PR under CEC and also I applied for BOWP (Paper Application) for which I never got any reply back. But yes, I never submitted the documents when I got my ITA.
  • So I have an overstay of around 1.7 years like I mentioned.
  • So you think I should choose Temporary Residence still?

Thanks
Sorry - I'm a bit confused now. You've just said that you applied for PR under CEC. However in your first post you say that you let the ITA expire. Can you clarify which it is? If you received ITA but never submitted the full application and let ITA expire, then you never applied under CEC. Receiving ITA does not mean you submitted a PR application.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the point is in ordering GCMS notes given this was several years ago. The BOWP would have been definitely refused at some point (maybe you missed an email?).

If you want to apply for PR now, just make sure you are 100% honest about your immigration history in Canada (including any periods of overstay) and there won't be an issue. Also, any work you did in Canada after the expiring of your work visa in 2016 most likely cannot be used for points since IRCC will say it was obtained without authorization.

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
Sorry - I'm a bit confused now. You've just said that you applied for PR under CEC. However in your first post you say that you let the ITA expire. Can you clarify which it is? If you received ITA but never submitted the full application and let ITA expire, then you never applied under CEC. Receiving ITA does not mean you submitted a PR application.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the point is in ordering GCMS notes given this was several years ago. The BOWP would have been definitely refused at some point (maybe you missed an email?).

If you want to apply for PR now, just make sure you are 100% honest about your immigration history in Canada (including any periods of overstay) and there won't be an issue. Also, any work you did in Canada after the expiring of your work visa in 2016 most likely cannot be used for points since IRCC will say it was obtained without authorization.
  • I made an express entry profile, submitted my application for PR and got the ITA and let it expire. So I guess I never really applied for PR. So you are right.
  • As far as I can remember, I thoroughly checked my emails and also called and emailed IRCC for information about the processing time of BOWP, but never got a reply back.
  • But now I just want to check if everything on my profile is clear and I am authorised to come back to Canada. So GCMA notes is what somebody told me to apply. But I was just confused under what category should I apply.