+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At the time of Landing

saggi_amy

Feb 19, 2010
Hello Everyone,

My husband will be landing in canada as a PR for the first time in next one month. Can anyone tell me does he need any preparation for the immigration scetion at the airport. I mean what kind of questions do they ask??

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Only general questions in brief about him, for which he does not need a preparation.
They may ask about you - your name, address, phone number in Canada etc. So he should keep the address and phone number on a piece of paper ready to show them. As he is landing with a PR visa under spouse category, they don't question much. So, take it easy.

saggi_amy said:
Hello Everyone,

My husband will be landing in canada as a PR for the first time in next one month. Can anyone tell me does he need any preparation for the immigration scetion at the airport. I mean what kind of questions do they ask??

sidjocson

Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
saggi_amy said:
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
Hi all,

I had a question about landing. On the CIC website it says the following:

"Children in Canada are vaccinated—also called immunized—beginning when they are newborns. Vaccinations help to prevent serious infections or diseases.

When you travel to Canada, bring official documents that state what vaccinations you and your family have already had. If you or your child has not been vaccinated, call your doctor or local public health clinic right away."

What if my wife doesn't have these vaccination records she got when she was a child. Is it a MUST that you have these records. She has her recent ones from the last 5 or 6 yrs.

Thanks for your help.

TJ

I

iarblue

Bring the recent ones, and i dont think they ask this at the point of entry anyway.Once your here and find a doctor, your wife and you can discuss it with him/her of what they suggest.
Good Luck on your new life.

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed recently, all they asked was: address and telephone number, how much money are you carrying, have any circumstances changed with regard to your relationship to the sponsor. Took less than 5 minutes.

PS. They did not do anything with the goods to follow list, told me don't worry about it. Well, I worried. Went to clear items through customs at YVR and had no trouble. Just gave the officer the typed list with no endorsement or stamp etc and she simply said, fine, they (aitport personnel) never do anything! Items were cleared and collected right there.