+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Assistance on programs to read in CA for internationally educated midwives

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Hello there,
I need assistance on choosing some of the best programs to pursue for internationally educated midwife who intend to relocate through the study permit route without getting refusal citing purpose of study/visit. Your assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there,
I need assistance on choosing some of the best programs to pursue for internationally educated midwife who intend to relocate through the study permit route without getting refusal citing purpose of study/visit. Your assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks
So you want to take a midwifery course in Canada? There are only six programs in Canada so google - midwifery programs Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are there other courses that can be pursued apart from strictly going by the midwifery route?
Not sure what you mean. If you are an internationally trained midwife, you need to look at provincial licensing requirments. If you are a RN, then look at programs that expand on your education. Even after studying in Canada, you still need a provincial license based on you being an RN. So research NNAS

Reactions: Losangeles101

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there,
You would need to show how the course will lead to career advancement in your home country. If you are already a midwife pursuing a program that would lead to licensing in Canada would likely be denied because it would show that you are unlikely planning to return to your home country. If you want to immigrate have you looked into express entry? Where did you do your midwifery training? What type of program did you do? University 4 year degree? Masters degree? How long have you been practicing and in what country and how old are you? Canada needs midwives so depending on your answers you may want to consider express entry not a study permit.