+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged job offer for open work permit under ict

SS777

Feb 25, 2024
Hi,

I am in open work permit currently working in Canada and will gain 1 year of experience soon. I was working with the same employer back in my home country for more than 3 years. When I got owp, the employer transferred me to Canada.
Can i claim 50 points for arranged job offer after completing 1 year in Canada since my employer is ready to provide job offer letter for 1 year post pr.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am in open work permit currently working in Canada and will gain 1 year of experience soon. I was working with the same employer back in my home country for more than 3 years. When I got owp, the employer transferred me to Canada.
Can i claim 50 points for arranged job offer after completing 1 year in Canada since my employer is ready to provide job offer letter for 1 year post pr.
What type of open work permit? To count points, your employer would have transferred you to their Canadian offices with a LMIA exemption. They need to file for it. Given you are on an open work permit, you don’t need so were not really transferred.

SS777

Feb 25, 2024
I hold owp because of my spouse’s study permit. I didn’t quit my job in my home country and my current employer transferred me with a deputation letter. Does that count as an intra company transfer? Would I be able to claim 50 points for that?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I hold owp because of my spouse’s study permit. I didn’t quit my job in my home country and my current employer transferred me with a deputation letter. Does that count as an intra company transfer? Would I be able to claim 50 points for that?
No. You were not transferred through ICT. Your permit is based on your spouse. Company would have to apply for LMIA exemption, and then you apply for a closed work permit. After a year on a closed work permit, you could count 50 points. Given your on SOWP, company has no need to file.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla