+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Argentina 2014 - anyone?

future_PR

Jun 14, 2017
Hi all!!

Does anyone knows if "el certificado de antecedentes penales" Apostillado o legalizado or if it good to go as is?

Thanks a lot!!
Florencia
Hola,

El certificado de antecedentes penales deberá ser traducido por un traductor oficial (Spanish - English). No será necesario legalizarlo junto al consulado.

Argie2016

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Buenos Aires
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-12-2016 (AOR1) 28-03-2017 (AOR2)
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
04-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2016 Passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
SOON June 2017
Hi argies

My name is Javier and I will be applying outside Canada in the Summer 2016
After my matrimonio to be celebrated in Canada.
How long does the process take for Argentinians? Is it easy to be in touch with the people in BsAs embassy? Where do they send you for medical exams?
Me Ayudan con estas "questions' please?
I don't remember posting this. It was long time ago. Just a quick update. I got my PR and landed in Canada so over all it took us about 5 months since We applied Outland Dec 2016 via Mexico VO until May 2017 when I got PPR and finally land in Canada in June 2017

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017
I don't remember posting this. It was long time ago. Just a quick update. I got my PR and landed in Canada so over all it took us about 5 months since We applied Outland Dec 2016 via Mexico VO until May 2017 when I got PPR and finally land in Canada in June 2017
Congratulations! Did you ever get an email with "pre arrival services"

Argie2016

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Buenos Aires
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
04-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2016 Passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
SOON June 2017
Nope.
What I received is a letter from CBSA and the steps to follow to finish my Immigration process and in that letter it is mentioned to go to CIC website and check for pre-arrival services to new comers
Anyway to open a bank account here in Canada they ask you for the PR card, the same to apply for the Ontario Health Card your record of landing may be request too, but it is not enough, you need a photo ID issue for the Government of Canada for almost everything

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Nope.
What I received is a letter from CBSA and the steps to follow to finish my Immigration process and in that letter it is mentioned to go to CIC website and check for pre-arrival services to new comers
Anyway to open a bank account here in Canada they ask you for the PR card, the same to apply for the Ontario Health Card your record of landing may be request too, but it is not enough, you need a photo ID issue for the Government of Canada for almost everything
Oh I see. That's weird, my wife and I have an account in TD Canada. They just needed my passport and my drivers license.

So when you got PPR, what did they ask you to send? and how was the landing process?

Argie2016

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Buenos Aires
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
04-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2016 Passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
SOON June 2017
Oh I see. That's weird, my wife and I have an account in TD Canada. They just needed my passport and my drivers license.

So when you got PPR, what did they ask you to send? and how was the landing process?
When I received PPR and sent my passport and two photos to Mexico City plus a copy of the email I ve received
Here I s the thing banks ask you for a photo ID issue by the government of Canada so I will wait until I get my PR card to open a bank account. Did you use your Registro de Conducir from Argentina?
My landing process was very smooth, I landed in Toronto early in the morning, i went through Immigration and show my passport, my Immigrant visa and the Corp sheet. The CBSA officer was very nice, she asked me a few questions and then re directed me to another officer who completed my landing interview, in about 30 minutes
I also went to Service Canada office and got my SIN number it took me around 10 minutes, then pick up my laggage and went through costumes, nothing to declare, i only show them the list of items I was bringing to Canada, he asked me if I have any others items coming or be shipped, I say "Nope" so ready to connect to my other flight to my final destination

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017
When I received PPR and sent my passport and two photos to Mexico City plus a copy of the email I ve received
Here I s the thing banks ask you for a photo ID issue by the government of Canada so I will wait until I get my PR card to open a bank account. Did you use your Registro de Conducir from Argentina?
My landing process was very smooth, I landed in Toronto early in the morning, i went through Immigration and show my passport, my Immigrant visa and the Corp sheet. The CBSA officer was very nice, she asked me a few questions and then re directed me to another officer who completed my landing interview, in about 30 minutes
I also went to Service Canada office and got my SIN number it took me around 10 minutes, then pick up my laggage and went through costumes, nothing to declare, i only show them the list of items I was bringing to Canada, he asked me if I have any others items coming or be shipped, I say "Nope" so ready to connect to my other flight to my final destination
I have an american driver's license and that was enough along with my passport. Glad it was an easy and pleasant landing. When you sent the pictures, did you have to write your name, birth date and a stamp from the place you took the pictures from in the back of one of them? I remember doing this for the first set of pictures required to be sent with the application.

Argie2016

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Buenos Aires
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
04-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2016 Passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
SOON June 2017
I have an american driver's license and that was enough along with my passport. Glad it was an easy and pleasant landing. When you sent the pictures, did you have to write your name, birth date and a stamp from the place you took the pictures from in the back of one of them? I remember doing this for the first set of pictures required to be sent with the application.
Yes, you have to write your name, date of birth and the address of the photo studio, so you applied ONLAND.?

Reactions: 325i

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
Hi there,

According to Argentine authorities, the Police Certificate needs the "Apostille" but Canadian authorities say you don´t need to because Canada does not use Apostilles, and also on CIC website, under "country specifications for documents" it says there is no requirements. So, personally I didn´t do it. If it´s easy for you and have the time you can , but as I understood it´s not really required.

Moving.montreal

Jan 7, 2018
Hey!

Finally got the bright idea to search for the word "argentina".

I have sent emails to Mexico and never got an answer.

I have questions about translations and where we send our application.

TRANSLATIONS
We have had all our official documents translated by a sworn translator (traductor público) and every copy certified by a notary (escribana).
Is that all we need?
The translator also added a document where he swears that all the translations listed are truthful.
Will that do?

MEXICO
Do we send the whole application to Mexico?

(So glad I found this post because I was going to send it to Canada!!!)

Gracias!!!

florc

May 25, 2017
Hey!

Finally got the bright idea to search for the word "argentina".

I have sent emails to Mexico and never got an answer.

I have questions about translations and where we send our application.

TRANSLATIONS
We have had all our official documents translated by a sworn translator (traductor público) and every copy certified by a notary (escribana).
Is that all we need?
The translator also added a document where he swears that all the translations listed are truthful.
Will that do?

MEXICO
Do we send the whole application to Mexico?

(So glad I found this post because I was going to send it to Canada!!!)

Gracias!!!
Hi!!!

We translated all the original documents by a NATI translator and she added her stamp at the bottom of each page. I believe that what you have is okay, we did not certify it by a notary, but if u did it that’s great. Remember to send the original copies in Spanish and then the translation in English.

Let me know if I can help you with something else.

Flor

Moving.montreal

Jan 7, 2018
Hi!!!

We translated all the original documents by a NATI translator and she added her stamp at the bottom of each page. I believe that what you have is okay, we did not certify it by a notary, but if u did it that’s great. Remember to send the original copies in Spanish and then the translation in English.

Let me know if I can help you with something else.

Flor
Thanks Flor!!

I do not know what you mean by NATI.

Question about the Mexico office: I am not getting any email answered.
Did you guys have to send the whole application to Mexico?

Thanks again!

Claudia