Biometrics request: 28th June 2023
Biometrics completed: 7th July 2023
Applied for TRV: 15th August 2023
Medical request: 21st Sept 2023
Medical completed: 6th October 2023
PPR request (for permanent residence): 3rd November 2023

VO office: Accra, Ghana

Total time from application to PPR: 6 months 14 days

No acknowledgement of TRV application received.
It seems like they are ignoring TRV applications and instead are processing Permanent Residence applications faster.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Spousal Outland Sponsorship
Applied: 20th April 2023
AOR: 26th June 2023
SA: 27th June 2023
Biometrics request: 28th June 2023
Biometrics completed: 7th July 2023
Applied for TRV: 15th August 2023
Medical request: 21st Sept 2023
Medical completed: 6th October 2023
PPR request (for permanent residence): 3rd November 2023

VO office: Accra, Ghana

Total time from application to PPR: 6 months 14 days

No acknowledgement of TRV application received.
It seems like they are ignoring TRV applications and instead are processing Permanent Residence applications faster.
100% agreed about TRV.
I guess applicants who applied for TRV and have not recieved any response, perhaps should quickly file for refund.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
No point, they approved my Trv yesterday despite approving my outland application a month ago, and despite me requesting a withdrawal :rolleyes:

seems like ircc doesn’t really bother reading our communications or ever check the uci properly while processing

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
No point, they approved my Trv yesterday despite approving my outland application a month ago, and despite me requesting a withdrawal :rolleyes:

seems like ircc doesn’t really bother reading our communications or ever check the uci properly while processing
If they had not started working in your file, when you initially requested for withdrawal, then they have to - MUST - RETURN YOUR PAYMENT.
You should contact them again, explain the situation briefly, attach screen shots of when the communication was sent and all that.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
It’s not the payment that bothers me (a refund would be nice though)but the dumb “send us your passport in 30 days otherwise we will refuse your application.”

it’s like they dont even properly check the file/uci. Even my biometrics letter date is all incorrect, it shows it as expired.

and it’s the same local office that processed my copr

Tnia

Jan 26, 2023
We got the PPR on Nov 1 and they just ask to submit the required documents to the nearest VAC. I am not sure if you have this but there is step 4 in our PPR mentioned the situation if you are already in Canada.

"
B) If you are currently in Canada:

You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

"
Anyway, from my understanding, you should receive portal email for virtual landing instead of submitting your passport. You better contact them via webform as soon as possible. If I were you, I would send the webform to both local VO and the general one in Canada.
Thank you. Our step 4 is quite different from what everyone has been saying. So we just decided to send it anyway.

STEP 4: SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS  If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please advise IRCC via the IRCC Web form for instructions to submit your documents to the visa office that serves the country where you are. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.  If you have a mailing address in Canada, please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address: CPCO – PR VISA Passports Submission PO Box 9780 Ottawa ON K1G 6T2

CalgaryNoOne

Star Member
Jun 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicode IRCC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Mar 4,2021
Thank you. Our step 4 is quite different from what everyone has been saying. So we just decided to send it anyway.

STEP 4: SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS  If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please advise IRCC via the IRCC Web form for instructions to submit your documents to the visa office that serves the country where you are. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.  If you have a mailing address in Canada, please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address: CPCO – PR VISA Passports Submission PO Box 9780 Ottawa ON K1G 6T2
Alright, that's first time I saw those messages, but it is what it is. Just still don't understand why they ask for the passport as you shouldn't need a visa anymore. Make more senses if they ask for a photocopy of passport, but this one sounds werid to me.

Last edited:

nzenkembu

Nov 10, 2023
Hello, we also got PPR with request to send passport to same address in Ottawa. It seemed strange to us as that is quite new. Have you submitted your own passport there and was there any update about their receiving your passport when you submitted?

nzenkembu

Nov 10, 2023
Hey Folks,

We received pre-arrival and PPR today for my husband's outland application. However, my husband is now in Canada on a TRV. We had updated his Canadian address about a month ago and the address change was even effected on the PR Tracker.

Now, we are being asked to submit his passport to CPC Ottawa. Is there anyone who has experienced the same, can you share your experience with me?

I would like to know if it is at this point we need to request for a virtual landing or if we should just go ahead and submit his passport to Ottawa.

Thank you.
Hello, we got similar request to submit passport to Ottawa. Have you submitted yet? Please let me know the update

Saf77

Sep 4, 2023
Everything has been completed on 8th November and got my pre arrival mail and copr details on same date but since then I haven’t got my PPR yet!

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Thanks bruh. I hope you and everyone else waiting here get their PPR soon.

I have one more question: Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? I also had a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) application in progress, and the eligibility for the TRV was completed on September 6th. Now that I've received the spouse sponsorship Passport Request (PPR) first, does anyone know what will happen with my TRV application? How can I go about withdrawing the TRV application?
Hey when did you apply for TRV ?

HARPREETK16

Star Member
Aug 15, 2023
Hi everyone, Applied for my husband and my timeline so far:
April 21 - Application submitted
JUNE 29 - AOR
NOV 16- SA
File moved to New Delhi, India

Reactions: Gagan@88

Mohann

Jul 2, 2020
Hi everyone, Applied for my husband and my timeline so far:
April 21 - Application submitted
JUNE 29 - AOR
NOV 16- SA
File moved to New Delhi, India
I'm in the same boat.
Applied Apr 20th.
Jun 15th - AOR
Jun 20th - SA
Jul 5th - Medical done
Sept 4th - File moved from Sydney to New Delhi.
No update after that.