+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 family sponsorship outland

steyn007

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Medical requested- July 1st
Biometrics done on June 28 and says completed on tracker today July 3rd.
Aug 21- Eligibility completed
Sep8- Background completed
Sep 11- Ppr

On Sep 11th update, they sent message to my email saying to login to GC key and take action as required.But there was no new messages in the GC key.I called to ircc on 26th and then they sent the PPR letter to my email two days later.As it was already approaching the 30 days deadline, we sent an webform requesting more time.Sent out passport on October 5th.
Don't hesitate to call ircc if you are seeing the message on the tracker saying to take appropriate action as necessary, when you actually did not got any message.

Reactions: YVR123

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Aug 21- Eligibility completed
Sep8- Background completed
Sep 11- Ppr

On Sep 11th update, they sent message to my email saying to login to GC key and take action as required.But there was no new messages in the GC key.I called to ircc on 26th and then they sent the PPR letter to my email two days later.As it was already approaching the 30 days deadline, we sent an webform requesting more time.Sent out passport on October 5th.
Don't hesitate to call ircc if you are seeing the message on the tracker saying to take appropriate action as necessary, when you actually did not got any message.
Congrats man! another April application done in 5 months.

Reactions: steyn007

gomess023

Aug 17, 2023
I am in same boat as you. My Passport reach IRCC office on Sept 13th and I am still waiting as of today. Don't know how much more time will it take. But I find it very odd that they keep someone's passport for this long.
So whack.

which office is yours?

mine is in Singapore

FamilyPR

Oct 7, 2023
So whack.

which office is yours?

mine is in Singapore
I submitted to VFS Global New York. They transmitted it to IRCC Office. I don't know which one -- perhaps Ottawa ?

See taking time on any step is ok but keeping someone's passport with you for a month and counting when they themselves in a 3rd country is not ok in my opinion.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I submitted to VFS Global New York. They transmitted it to IRCC Office. I don't know which one -- perhaps Ottawa ?

See taking time on any step is ok but keeping someone's passport with you for a month and counting when they themselves in a 3rd country is not ok in my opinion.
100% valid point. Plus, you may need your passport urgently.

Call IRCC if you can, or send a webform - asking for location and timeline.

Wethewest

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Application Submitted: 29th April
AOR: 30th June
Gckey linked: 30th June
Biometrics: 06 July
SA: 07 July
Biometric Completed: 11 July
Medical Completed: 30 July
Pre-Arrival email: 08 Sept
Eligibility Completed: 08 Sept
Background Check Completed & PPR: 26 Sept
Passport Sent: 28 Sept
Received text today saying Passport has been dispatched from IRCC.
Everything completed in 5 month 12 day.

Reactions: Ts1221 and Sonikell

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Application Submitted: 29th April
AOR: 30th June
Gckey linked: 30th June
Biometrics: 06 July
SA: 07 July
Biometric Completed: 11 July
Medical Completed: 30 July
Pre-Arrival email: 08 Sept
Eligibility Completed: 08 Sept
Background Check Completed & PPR: 26 Sept
Passport Sent: 28 Sept
Received text today saying Passport has been dispatched from IRCC.
Everything completed in 5 month 12 day.
Congrats man....Another example of the whole process completed within 5-6months range.
From tomorrow and onwards, we should be hearing more from May applicants.

Ts1221

Star Member
May 1, 2023
Hey guys so my GC key updated today:
Latest update:
Final decision - October 11, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hope this is a good thing during ppr submission

Update: application was approved and document status in GC Key has been updated

Last edited:

Namide

Oct 11, 2023
Sponsor: Permanent Resident
PA: Ghana
Relationship: Married
Submitted: 1st April

I haven't received AOR still. Status in GCKEY says submitted nothing more. What do I do guys?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Sponsor: Permanent Resident
PA: Ghana
Relationship: Married
Submitted: 1st April

I haven't received AOR still. Status in GCKEY says submitted nothing more. What do I do guys?
Whhhaaatt????....still no AOR???? what about Sponsorship approval? what about medical request or biometrics....
Did you recieve any communication from CIC after you submitted your application?

What does your PR tracker shows?

No.1 thing to do - SEND A WEBFORM....ask them clearly - you think your file is lost, even though you paid the application fee (and upload the scan of receipt)
no. 2 - ask your sponsor to call IRCC right away...like right away...its still 330pm EST...you have time :)
wish you all the best.

Namide

Oct 11, 2023
Whhhaaatt????....still no AOR???? what about Sponsorship approval? what about medical request or biometrics....
Did you recieve any communication from CIC after you submitted your application?

What does your PR tracker shows?

No.1 thing to do - SEND A WEBFORM....ask them clearly - you think your file is lost, even though you paid the application fee (and upload the scan of receipt)
no. 2 - ask your sponsor to call IRCC right away...like right away...its still 330pm EST...you have time :)
wish you all the best.
Yes no AOR or medical request, nothing yet. I am unable to create a account on PR tracker since I do not have an application number so nothing there either.

i received an email from IRCC after submission which said they will send an AOR if my application was complete

I am in the process of sending the Webform, Thanks for the reply:)

Last edited: