+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Just checked, Status show oath has been scheduled at the end of month. Haven't get email invitation yet.
email invite should be around the corner. what's end of month (I mean on what day)? I think there's one on the 30th if am not mistaken.

nonhill

Apr 20, 2017
Mine still says not started…. My LPP was cleared on Oct 6. But I think I’m in Scarborough office so probably it would take longer

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Mine still says not started…. My LPP was cleared on Oct 6. But I think I’m in Scarborough office so probably it would take longer
yeah not started doesn't matter. tomorrow morning it could be in progress with date of oath. you are nearly there.

McBell

Star Member
Feb 26, 2023
did anyone who cleared LPP last week get their oath invite yet?
look like only a few of you are lucky to get an oath date i dont know whats wrong with these ppl if everything is completed just fit us in a sloth and get us over with im so sick of these ppl

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
look like only a few of you are lucky to get an oath date i dont know whats wrong with these ppl if everything is completed just fit us in a sloth and get us over with im so sick of these ppl
my belief is they are throwing in new applicants alongside older ones in their oath session. Chin up though - Except for Sunday next week, I can see that people have oaths on all days leading up to the 31st.

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
last update! :D
I did my ceremony online this Thursday, received the certificate right away (since I'm traveling this weekend already, I asked them during the registration - right after cutting my PR card! - if they could send the certificate earlier. They were super kind and understanding btw!), so I applied for the passport on the same day (wait time was less than 10 minutes), and received it the next day! It's the newly designed passport - very very cool! and I'm so happy!!
These 2 days have been very exciting, and the weather was perfect to celebrate, with all the beautiful colours all around, blue skies and great temperature.
I feel more happy than ever about becoming a Canadian citizen.

For those who are still waiting - hang in there! When the time comes, it's going to be amazing! (I guess with all the wait, it becomes even more precious!)

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
last update! :D
I did my ceremony online this Thursday, received the certificate right away (since I'm traveling this weekend already, I asked them during the registration - right after cutting my PR card! - if they could send the certificate earlier. They were super kind and understanding btw!), so I applied for the passport on the same day (wait time was less than 10 minutes), and received it the next day! It's the newly designed passport - very very cool! and I'm so happy!!
These 2 days have been very exciting, and the weather was perfect to celebrate, with all the beautiful colours all around, blue skies and great temperature.
I feel more happy than ever about becoming a Canadian citizen.

For those who are still waiting - hang in there! When the time comes, it's going to be amazing! (I guess with all the wait, it becomes even more precious!)
10 min wait time for your passport?? Where are you located? Mine was almost 4 hours!!! :eek:

Congrats!! :)

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
10 min wait time for your passport?? Where are you located? Mine was almost 4 hours!!! :eek:

Congrats!! :)
thanks!
Both offices near Ottawa had "15 minutes wait" in the website but it ended up being faster... they even had computers and printers there that saved me since I forgot to bring the proof of flight for the urgent request.

faridbandeali

Jul 14, 2023
I think i am the only one with March 2nd ghost update and no update since then.
AOR: May 2nd, 2022
Background: Nov 7th 2022
Ghost update: March 2nd
No citizenship test and 18 months has crossed on OCT 15th.
Nothing on GCMS notes, Contacted IRCC and they said they sent a follow up message, MP office sent a follow up request, Minister office saying application is in inventory.
Is there any other way to find out why such delay?

maoyutou

Dec 6, 2020
Nothing on GCMS notes, Contacted IRCC and they said they sent a follow up message, MP office sent a follow up request, Minister office saying application is in inventory.
Hire a lawyer

• Sad
Reactions: faridbandeali

flipper11

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
I don't think there is anything left other than a lawyer or mandamus (or however you spell it lol)

My aor is april 04
First GU since march 02 was October 19 without any changes. (My background check was a year old- no fp)

My tracker hasn't shown anything from april 04 until test completed in December. Took my test while it still said not started...(had email a month before test window)

It's an unfair waiting game it seems.
Hold on and eventually something will happen..hopefully

tho not sure why you didn't get the test invite yet...that seems very weird...

• Sad
Reactions: faridbandeali