+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

vlncn89

Sep 13, 2023
just returned from the in-person interview. 1 hour waiting and then 5 minutes interview. No documents/translations checked - just confirmed my identify (quick look at PR card, passport photo page, driver license) then asked when my last travel abroad was and confirmed my address. Then he explained that I might get an email with more requests within a week, otherwise LPP will be completed and then oath invitation after 1 - 2 months. He said ceremony will most likely be online.
Absolutely the same outcome as mine. We might even have been in the same room at the same time.

Hopefully no more headaches on this one.

The officer did mention that the Oath will be either in person or via Zoom but even via Zoom will be within Canada. I live in the UK and would prefer to avoid this, has anyone had similar experience? I will cross that bridge when we get there but would love to spare a 3 days trip from London UK to Scarborough, Ontario...!

Edit: I will try this route: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony/video.html but any war story will be appreciated!

Wangab

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
no updates after interview?? LPP still in progress? that's terrible.... I wonder what they're waiting for...
Yes my LPP is still in progress. Physical presence and prohibitions are still in progress. Last update was language on March 31 2023. Since then nothing

McBell

Star Member
Feb 26, 2023
i am actually days away from 18 months mark Oct 4th will me 18 months stuck at test being completed Feb 17th 2 GU Mar2nd and Aug 26th i dont know whats going on but on Oct 4 th God spares my life ill be the 1st caller to IRCC giving them shit every other day

vlncn89

Sep 13, 2023
Hi,

After my in-person interview of September 26, I received convocation date for my Oath to be completed in Canada via Zoom on October 13. I have a few questions for this group and will be grateful to whomever can answer:

1. any chance one can do their Oath via Zoom outside of Canada?

2. I will be entering Canada with my PR and cut it virtually during the ceremony, any concerns in then exiting the country without a PR (= I have no need to revisit the country for an extended period of time any time soon)

3. can I apply for my first Canadian passport while abroad or some of the steps require in person certifications/witnessing etc. that must be completed within Canada? I am trying to kill two birds with one stone and avoid any further trips to Canada unless strictly necessary.

Thanks
Dario

Reactions: diogosouza

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

After my in-person interview of September 26, I received convocation date for my Oath to be completed in Canada via Zoom on October 13. I have a few questions for this group and will be grateful to whomever can answer:

1. any chance one can do their Oath via Zoom outside of Canada?

2. I will be entering Canada with my PR and cut it virtually during the ceremony, any concerns in then exiting the country without a PR (= I have no need to revisit the country for an extended period of time any time soon)

3. can I apply for my first Canadian passport while abroad or some of the steps require in person certifications/witnessing etc. that must be completed within Canada? I am trying to kill two birds with one stone and avoid any further trips to Canada unless strictly necessary.

Thanks
Dario
1. It's not allowed. You need to apply for the same. They may or may not approve it.
2. No issues.
3. You can apply abroad. Steps - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports-abroad/new-adult-passport-abroad.html

Reactions: dodgeram12

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
My journey with the IRCC is over, just downloaded my certificate. Oath was yesterday.

My MPs office also called me today saying the IRCC told them it was all done, that was a nice touch.

Good luck to all!!! Keep fighting for your files and harass them as much as you are comfortable with!

McBell

Star Member
Feb 26, 2023
My journey with the IRCC is over, just downloaded my certificate. Oath was yesterday.

My MPs office also called me today saying the IRCC told them it was all done, that was a nice touch.

Good luck to all!!! Keep fighting for your files and harass them as much as you are comfortable with!
congrats

McBell

Star Member
Feb 26, 2023
oh boy today marks 18 months for me i sure i was the 1st caller there they had me on the phone for one hour make all kinds of phone calls asking why my application isn't completed i got a very helpful agent this morning he said check my email i should see spmthing within a few days if not within a week call back

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
oh boy today marks 18 months for me i sure i was the 1st caller there they had me on the phone for one hour make all kinds of phone calls asking why my application isn't completed i got a very helpful agent this morning he said check my email i should see spmthing within a few days if not within a week call back
Believe me now you will see something moving! good luck

dodgeram12

Dec 6, 2022
1. It's not allowed. You need to apply for the same. They may or may not approve it.
2. No issues.
3. You can apply abroad. Steps - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports-abroad/new-adult-passport-abroad.html
I am in the same boat. living in USA and my in-person ceremony is scheduled on Oct 16th. I plan to come back after ceremony taking the certificate with me, I am assuming the in-person ceremony wil provide physical certificate in hand at the same time. I plan to apply for the Canadian passport at the embassy in USA.. Hope that should be fine?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am in the same boat. living in USA and my in-person ceremony is scheduled on Oct 16th. I plan to come back after ceremony taking the certificate with me, I am assuming the in-person ceremony wil provide physical certificate in hand at the same time. I plan to apply for the Canadian passport at the embassy in USA.. Hope that should be fine?
USA its more simpler - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports-usa/new-adult-passport-usa.html

Reactions: dodgeram12

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Applied for my passport today, boy it was a long day. Over a 3 hour wait and a 90 min drive each way. Unfortunately I had to stick out the wait as I am travelling in less than 2 weeks.

Logged into the portal for one last time and everything is now set to complete. Time for me to disappear from here now I think. Good luck everyone.