Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
I have waited 5 months 14 days. (Nov 18 - May 02)
(test -> LPP)
This is helpful. Thanks! Hopefully, they process my file within the stipulated 6 months.

Reactions: DrHarrison

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
Hello friends!

Seeking some insight and advice on what I should do at the moment.

For context, here's my timeline thus far:
  • Method: Online application
  • Applicants: Single
  • Application sent: April 17, 2022
  • AOR: May 3, 2022
  • BG Complete: Nov 21, 2022
  • Citizenship Test window: Dec 2 to Dec 22, 2022
  • Additional document requested in the test invite letter: Passport - all pages
  • Passport copy emailed: Dec 1, 2022
  • Citizenship test date: Dec 3, 2022
  • Citizenship test status marked as 'Complete': Dec 5, 2022
  • Citizenship test status - online tracker updated: Dec 7, 2022
There has been no update after this on my application. Still waiting for LPP to be marked as complete.
I know a majority of the folks who applied in Apr 2022 have gotten their LPP complete and most are awaiting oath.

I've done 2 things so far:
  1. I called IRCC sometime at the end of March or early April and asked for an update. The agent confirmed that everything on my file looks good, there are no notes, red flags, or anything else that the officer has added to my file, and that I should just be patient as I'm still within the timeframe during which citizenship applications are processed.
  2. About a week or two after calling IRCC, I sent an email to the citizenship test (Scarborough) email ID generally asking for an update and inquiring if there was any more documentation needed from me (because I was asked to submit all pages of my passport earlier - which I did and received an email acknowledgement from the officer about it as well). I decided to send an email simply because a few people had reported that they saw updates on their file after emailing IRCC and some people even got a response. In my case, I didn't hear back – which is understandable as that email is not meant for general inquiries.
Current status:
IRCC site says that citizenship applicants can expect oath invites between 4 to 6 months from passing the test. As of today (May 10), I am 10 days past the 5-month mark, and getting really anxious about my application. I want to plan my travels soon and hence, would like some certainty and assurance about the processing timeline. If you factor in the 2-week long strike, then my 5 months would be up on May 17.

My questions:
  1. What would be the best way forward for me? I realize that there may be many others like me; I'm just looking to do a pulse check on the audience sentiment for this scenario. [I know that contacting IRCC is the most obvious answer but I'm keen on knowing what would you do if you were in this situation – reach out to IRCC or wait?]
  2. If you think I should contact IRCC (via phone, web form, or email) and ask for an update, do you think I should wait until 6 months are complete OR just do it right away?
  3. Are there any (April 2022) applicants here with a similar scenario? If so, what are your plans? Will you just continue to wait until there's some kind of update online?
  4. Was anyone else here stuck with updates on their file and then saw some movement/updates after contacting IRCC? If not you, do you know of anyone else who applied in some earlier months and faced a scenario like this i.e., no movement after taking the test? What happened in their case?
Any feedback, thoughts, or advice you can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Hey, similar situation for me, timeline below in my signature. On my end I’m also looking forward to getting done with all of this but I’m not letting this uncertainty affect my travel plans. I’m booking trips and camping in the US regardless, fortunately i got a visa. If it happens that my oath is during a trip, I’ll ask to reschedule the oath.

Reactions: Ness_Fern

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
Understood! Thanks again for sharing your experience.
My MP replied today:

The application was received on April 2022 and is being processed at the Mississauga office with an estimate processing time of 21months. The criminality, security, knowledge, and language assessments have passed. The residency assessment has not started and there is nothing outstanding on the file

Criminality/security I believe they are the BG checks or also the prohibitions? Also he said the residency not started, but they already asked for passport scans. Hopefully someone grab my application and finalize it!!!

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Hello friends!

There has been no update after this on my application. Still waiting for LPP to be marked as complete.
I know a majority of the folks who applied in Apr 2022 have gotten their LPP complete and most are awaiting oath.

1. I called IRCC sometime at the end of March or early April and asked for an update. The agent confirmed that everything on my file looks good, there are no notes, red flags, or anything else that the officer has added to my file, and that I should just be patient as I'm still within the timeframe during which citizenship applications are processed.
  2. About a week or two after calling IRCC, I sent an email to the citizenship test (Scarborough) email ID generally asking for an update and inquiring if there was any more documentation needed from me (because I was asked to submit all pages of my passport earlier - which I did and received an email acknowledgement from the officer about it as well). I decided to send an email simply because a few people had reported that they saw updates on their file after emailing IRCC and some people even got a response. In my case, I didn't hear back – which is understandable as that email is not meant for general inquiries.
Current status:
IRCC site says that citizenship applicants can expect oath invites between 4 to 6 months from passing the test. As of today (May 10), I am 10 days past the 5-month mark, and getting really anxious about my application. I want to plan my travels soon and hence, would like some certainty and assurance about the processing timeline. If you factor in the 2-week long strike, then my 5 months would be up on May 17.

My questions:
  1. What would be the best way forward for me? I realize that there may be many others like me; I'm just looking to do a pulse check on the audience sentiment for this scenario. [I know that contacting IRCC is the most obvious answer but I'm keen on knowing what would you do if you were in this situation – reach out to IRCC or wait?]
  2. If you think I should contact IRCC (via phone, web form, or email) and ask for an update, do you think I should wait until 6 months are complete OR just do it right away?
  3. Are there any (April 2022) applicants here with a similar scenario? If so, what are your plans? Will you just continue to wait until there's some kind of update online?
  4. Was anyone else here stuck with updates on their file and then saw some movement/updates after contacting IRCC? If not you, do you know of anyone else who applied in some earlier months and faced a scenario like this i.e., no movement after taking the test? What happened in their case?

Thanks in advance!
You have taken the correct steps. I emailed the SCR office asking for update but never got one, however, couple of days later my LPP was completed and I was scheduled for oath at the same time for April 25 which did not happen due to strike. I emailed again after the strike to get rescheduled and got a reply with the rescheduled date and time.

I am sorry I have nothing else to say other than hang tight.

Eve_2023

Mar 16, 2023
Hello friends!

Current status:

My questions:

Thanks in advance!
I got my invite yesterday. my ceremony is on the 19th! I'm sure yours is coming soon.

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
Reactions: Eve_2023

Eve_2023

Mar 16, 2023
Do you guys know how long it takes to get a date for the ceremony after LPP is completed?

* My LPP updated on May 02, and still, Ceremony has not started yet.
Just to give you an update. I got my invite!!! I sent in a webform asking them when i can expect the invite becuase i have a work trip coming up and my PR card is expired. when i checked the tracker this morning. i saw they scheduled mine for May 19

Reactions: DrHarrison

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
My MP replied today:

The application was received on April 2022 and is being processed at the Mississauga office with an estimate processing time of 21months. The criminality, security, knowledge, and language assessments have passed. The residency assessment has not started and there is nothing outstanding on the file

Criminality/security I believe they are the BG checks or also the prohibitions? Also he said the residency not started, but they already asked for passport scans. Hopefully someone grab my application and finalize it!!!
I think criminality/security is part of the background check. I could be wrong though. I hope everything speeds up for you. As of now, looks like we're both in a similar situation except that my file is still with Scarborough.

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
You have taken the correct steps. I emailed the SCR office asking for update but never got one, however, couple of days later my LPP was completed and I was scheduled for oath at the same time for April 25 which did not happen due to strike. I emailed again after the strike to get rescheduled and got a reply with the rescheduled date and time.

I am sorry I have nothing else to say other than hang tight.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Which email ID did you use when you followed up on your application with SCR office?