+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Hey guys, any of you were on a work visa before obtaining your PR? When filling out the form, they asked for the expiration date of our temporary residence status before we became a PR. Do you put the expiration date on your Work visa or the date you became a PR.

As an example, I got my PR in February 2018. Prior to that, I had my work permit which was supposed to expire in November. Since I became a PR before my work permit expired, do I use the PR date (Feb 2018) as the "date your status expired", or should I go ahead and still use the original date from the work permit (Nov 2018).

Thank you :)
Your previous status becomes invalid the day you became a PR so the expiry date is the day you became a PR

Puga75

Nov 26, 2019
Hey team,

I have applied for citizenship in the month of February and my application has been returned for some missing documents. I have added all and resent the application on 15th April. My question is in this pandemic situation citizenship process is ongoing??

pugal

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just sent via Xpresspost and the lady told me it's a regular mail address, not a courier. I asked her twice if she was sure and she said yes. She said couriers are UPS, DHL and that stuff, but not Xpresspost. But I guess it doesn't really matter?...
Yes, anything Canada Post (Xpress envelope or not) is regular post.
That's weird. I definitely used the courier address when I submitted mine (photo). Anyway, I think it's wise to listen to the Canada post lady.

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hey team,

I have applied for citizenship in the month of February and my application has been returned for some missing documents. I have added all and resent the application on 15th April. My question is in this pandemic situation citizenship process is ongoing??

pugal
Why your application has been returned? What were the missing documents? Did you receive your application back in mail? If yes, what are the details about reapplication they have provided?

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Hey team,

pugal
What date your application was received in Feb?

karens

Jul 15, 2017
That's weird. I definitely used the courier address when I submitted mine (photo). Anyway, I think it's wise to listen to the Canada post lady.
Is it normal for Complete Citizenship process to take about 1year 6months in duration?
I ask since your signature says so , please can you confirm. Thanks.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it normal for Complete Citizenship process to take about 1year 6months in duration?
I ask since your signature says so , please can you confirm. Thanks.
No. I was among those who took longer than normal. My wife applied 3 months after me and got hers before I did.
Not sure what the cause for the delay was though. The Scarborough office did move its location during my application, so I guess it slowed down things a bit.

Reactions: karens

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Family application (1 adult)
Application sent: April 23 2020
Delivered: May 4 2020
AOR: TBD
Started Processing: TBD
FP Request: TBD
Test Invite: TBD
Test Date: Jan TBD
Decision Made: TBD
Oath invite: TBD

Last edited:

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
No update post March 15, but some posts indicate that office has resumed.

not sure time will tell

muralie krishna

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hey team,

pugal
Why your application has been returned? What were the missing documents? Did you receive your application back in mail? If yes, what are the details about reapplication they have provided?

Digvijay Gaur

Aug 17, 2017
Hello All,
Hope everyone is keeping safe in these trying times!!
A newbie here, I'd sent out my single citizenship application on March 30 and it was received on April 3. I believe it is too early to presume an AOR- however, what could be an assumed timeline for receiving an AOR notification amidst the current Covid-19 crisis?
Also, I moved to a new address, in the same city after sending the application and I read on their website that I need to inform them of any changes, including address change but I cannot seem to do that as I do not have any case number yet? Am I missing out on anything here? Can I change my address before getting an AOR? if yes, can someone be kind enough to let me know the process?

Thanks in advance.
Digvijay