Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
You can use either; just be sure to get tracking number for your package. If you're using Canada Post, use an Express envelope--they're more expensive but at least you can track when and where your application was delivered.
Thank you. I sent the package and they received it today.

Reactions: bago4c

Salman12

Apr 24, 2020
Hi Folks. Question when applying through canada xpress post should i mention regular mail address or courier mail address? Thankyou

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Some of Walmart photo shop is working they are doing passport pic which is same as citizenship pics hope this helps. Call your nearest Walmart and ask if they are doing passport photo

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Application sent on April 15
Application received April 22
Family
1190 days

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
True!
Problem is not just a covid-19 delays they have increased numbers of delays since last few years, IRCC office in Sydney, NS still have a same number of staff working as it was 5 years ago. Increased numbers of applicants didnt increase the capacity of the system. Even applying for renew of PR cards applications take super long means like no prioroties in their work. I know some people who were applicants of citizenship 5 years ago they received their AOR within a week of application delivered to the office and started processing and in most cases they were able to take their oath within 6 months of application. Anyways times are different nowadays but IRCC still supposed to keep up with increased numbers otherwise more poeple are going to be left behind without travel documents such as PR card and passport.
You are right, Seems like IRCC is being underfunded for a long time. Outside that, i can see why Canada is on a pause to process citizenship applications. 1. We are not at risk of going out of status. 2. There is no real urgency which will affect us personally or professionally with or without citizenship. I am expecting the timeline for processing to be like 1.5 years for applications post Feb-2020.

shane_damie

Mar 5, 2019
Sent my citizenship application

App Sent: Apri 22, 2020
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1207 days

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Hi Guys, so finally I sent my application in last week. So what's the next action item now?

I can see that my package successfully delivered to Sydney, NS.

are we expecting a confirmation email soon or?

I know these days are not as normal as used to be.

I am just wondering what are you guys experience now?

thanks,

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Hi Guys, so finally I sent my application in last week. So what's the next action item now?

I can see that my package successfully delivered to Sydney, NS.

are we expecting a confirmation email soon or?

I know these days are not as normal as used to be.

I am just wondering what are you guys experience now?

thanks,
Get ready for a long long wait. Some say it's gonna take 6 months just to receive an AOR at this point.

Reactions: rubz9911

ToBeCanuck

Apr 30, 2020
That would be a courier.
I just sent via Xpresspost and the lady told me it's a regular mail address, not a courier. I asked her twice if she was sure and she said yes. She said couriers are UPS, DHL and that stuff, but not Xpresspost. But I guess it doesn't really matter?...

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
I just sent via Xpresspost and the lady told me it's a regular mail address, not a courier. I asked her twice if she was sure and she said yes. She said couriers are UPS, DHL and that stuff, but not Xpresspost. But I guess it doesn't really matter?...
Yes, anything Canada Post (Xpress envelope or not) is regular post.

kemijay

Oct 11, 2016
Hey guys, any of you were on a work visa before obtaining your PR? When filling out the form, they asked for the expiration date of our temporary residence status before we became a PR. Do you put the expiration date on your Work visa or the date you became a PR.

As an example, I got my PR in February 2018. Prior to that, I had my work permit which was supposed to expire in November. Since I became a PR before my work permit expired, do I use the PR date (Feb 2018) as the "date your status expired", or should I go ahead and still use the original date from the work permit (Nov 2018).

Thank you :)