Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
johnybegood said:
Am sorry...am not judgemental but so honest....your intentions seem to come to canada but dont want to be with your bf nor getting married to him....but you can always give a try applying congugal on the basis of what you think is best for you
Conjugal is an automatic refusal. There is no legal barrier to her and her bf getting married.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
andreaquebec said:
I understand that the barrier is my son. He has to study Here in Brazil, He has to finish the school( it is mandatory here in Brazil) and if we ( my son and I ) move to Canada , my son can not study , He has to wait around 17 months to receive a permission for study. When we apply sponsorship inside He can't allowed to study ! This is the point....of course if He could study I would go tomorrow.
That's not an immigration barrier. As others have explained - a conjugal application will fail. You either need to get married or live together for a year first to become common law.

andreaquebec

Mar 7, 2016
scylla said:
That's not an immigration barrier. As others have explained - a conjugal application will fail. You either need to get married or live together for a year first to become common law.
My partnet will call the deputy next week, because it seems crazy, I cant leave a kid alone in Brazil and going to Canada and my partner cant leave His 2 kids and come to Brazil and also we dont belive in marriage! marriage for us is nothing. I was already marriage and I dont want to get marriage again. I cant go to Canada and stay there for one year because my kid cant stay for one year out of school. He cant study there...this is the point !
For me this is the only barrier. I relly try that last year, He stayed with my mother and He almost " lost " the year at school. I wont do this again because it calls irresposability that is more than barrier for me...I wont be irresponsible.
If I didnt have a kid I could go. But it is a bit crazy to get a student visa to my son and pay CAD 20K year.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
andreaquebec said:
My partnet will call the deputy next week, because it seems crazy, I cant leave a kid alone in Brazil and going to Canada and my partner cant leave His 2 kids and come to Brazil and also we dont belive in marriage! marriage for us is nothing. I was already marriage and I dont want to get marriage again. I cant go to Canada and stay there for one year because my kid cant stay for one year out of school. He cant study there...this is the point !
For me this is the only barrier. I relly try that last year, He stayed with my mother and He almost " lost " the year at school. I wont do this again because it calls irresposability that is more than barrier for me...I wont be irresponsible.
If I didnt have a kid I could go. But it is a bit crazy to get a student visa to my son and pay CAD 20K year.
Sorry you can add your kid to the pr application
And u dont have to pay $20k for his primary education
This is for spousal sponsorship for spouses common laws and conjugal partners and leaving kids behind is not always necessary to live together if you think more deeply. ..

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
andreaquebec said:
The only way to be sponsored is to get married or live together for one year.

I know you're saying you don't believe in marriage, but that is not a valid reason for CIC to accept a conjugal application. You could marry and he could sponsor you outland while your kid stays in school in Brazil with you until you both come to Canada where he resumes his schooling. Since you cannot live together because you both have kids you seemingly can't or won't move to the other country with... This is your only option.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
ImABule said:
The only way to be sponsored is to get married or live together for one year.

I know you're saying you don't believe in marriage, but that is not a valid reason for CIC to accept a conjugal application. You could marry and he could sponsor you outland while your kid stays in school in Brazil with you until you both come to Canada where he resumes his schooling. Since you cannot live together because you both have kids you seemingly can't or won't move to the other country.. This is your only option.
The best answer. ...i didnt have lots of time to explain but this seems to be best sln i had it in my mind

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andreaquebec said:
Perhaps this will help you understand how CIC will [likely] see your situation:

http://sterlingimmigrationltd.com/common-law-partnership/conjugal-partner-visa/

The “Conjugal Partner Visa” Category

The “conjugal partner visa” category was created for “exceptional circumstances” where individuals are not able to either get married or qualify as common-law partners (by living together continuously for one year). CIC cannot force people to get married, as the choice to marry or not to marry is protected by the Charter. However, CIC policy manuals make it clear that “if a Canadian and a foreign national can get married or can live together and establish a common-law relationship, this is what they are expected to have done before they submit sponsorship and immigration applications

The biggest obstacles in conjugal partner cases is a lack of cohabitation usually due to immigration barriers as well as the fact that a couple has chosen not to marry – despite indicating that they intend to do so in the future. Immigration Officers are instructed to inquire whether individuals intend to marry. If the individuals state an intention to marry, the Immigration Officer will question whether they have the level of commitment required to qualify as conjugal.

That said, CIC Processing Manuals do acknowledge that “inability to marry cannot be an absolute requirement” – as this would effectively force people to marry in violation of the Charter. The key is “whether they are in a conjugal relationship with their sponsor and whether there is a compelling barrier to continuous cohabitation”. Therefore, it will be up to an experienced Canadian immigration lawyer to show why the barrier to marriage or cohabitation is “compelling” such that the failure to do either is not an indicator that the couple lacks the required commitment to a shared life.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
andreaquebec said:
Your choice to not get married is a personal choice not a legal barrier. You can hire a lawyer, spend lots of money and waste time or you can listen to the advice you have been given.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
3rd line on line on ECAS today! Unofficial AOR2!

Still no idea where my app is being processed though as have no SA email still.

andreaquebec

Mar 7, 2016
Sous02 said:
Your choice to not get married is a personal choice not a legal barrier. You can hire a lawyer, spend lots of money and waste time or you can listen to the advice you have been given.
Thanks, I really appreciate all the answers and the way all of you tried to help me : )

Sorry because I insisted but it is very important to me and this is a quite sad because I am in real relationship. I am very emotive these days because is very hard to be far from someone you love.

I will wait my Work visa( skilled work for Quebec be approved) and if I dont get any answer till Sep we will get marriage.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
PR status updated to in process, at least that is plus. Still dont have 3rd line saying when they started processing it/

CanGer

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016 (sent 26-04-2016)
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 25-05-16
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Decision made: 07-07-2016
Gary_87 said:
3rd line on line on ECAS today! Unofficial AOR2!

Still no idea where my app is being processed though as have no SA email still.
Congratulations Gary! Same situation here, 3 lines but no idea where the app has gone. Waiting for the SA notification as we are dying to find out!

CanGer

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016 (sent 26-04-2016)
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 25-05-16
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Decision made: 07-07-2016
Gary_87 said:
can finally access my wifes ecas now too!
Oh really??! You could always only access the one side, and now both? Hmmmm must give this a try myself :D

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Thanks CanGer.

Yeah I thought I'd check today when the 3rd line got added and then i could access the other side.
no SA email so im wondering if they mailed it and it'll be waiting for me in OZ when I get home.