Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
bbccanada said:
None,KJG, and Cgagnon i would like to thank you for taking your time to answer my questions when None told me to expect an interview letter for my wife around August 27. I also when to thank everyone in this forum for sharing and helping each other with ideas and last but not the least to say thanks to those updating the timeline spreed sheet.

Today Sept 7 my wife got an email from Accra inviting her to come for interview November 28 2012 at 8:00am. This is what she was told to bring with her to the interview which i don't think it was too much demand but still want to share everyone.

1) marriage certificate.
2)Photos of your marriage ceremony (if you are being sponsored by your spouse).
3)Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor, and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship.
4)Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles for yourself.
5)Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted)

My question is that what do they mean by historical identification such as school document, previous passport and birth certtificate. Is the provious passport means the passport we submited with our application or something else. They said please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted. The question seems that they are just explaining what historical identification mean but not specific what exact we bring whether bith certificate and passport we sent with our application or something else. Thanks in advance waiting for your suggestion.
Sounds to me like they want you to bring any prior passports your wife may have had....I would bring another copy of her birth certificate and then if she has school transcripts bring those as well. Bring any new evidence you have as well with respect to your relationship/communicantion. We have been called for an interview as well and my husband was asked to do the same as your 1, 2 and 3 and to bring his passport as he did not have one at the time we filed the application. So I think it is pretty standard what they asked for...so no worries...and you have plenty of time to order your gmsc notes if you want them.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
KJG said:
Sounds to me like they want you to bring any prior passports your wife may have had....I would bring another copy of her birth certificate and then if she has school transcripts bring those as well. Bring any new evidence you have as well with respect to your relationship/communicantion. We have been called for an interview as well and my husband was asked to do the same as your 1, 2 and 3 and to bring his passport as he did not have one at the time we filed the application. So I think it is pretty standard what they asked for...so no worries...and you have plenty of time to order your gmsc notes if you want them.

Thanks KJG I think they are probable asking that because of her young age. She is now 19 years old so maybe that is why they are asking for that historical identification but not sure. She never had any passport before cos she never travelled. She has some hospital record, some pictures of her at her previous school.She doesn't have a old birth Cert.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Rosie Lee said:
I would take everything you can muster up, documenting her past life before she met you, and her life now with you. Photos, birth certificate, qualification certificates, marriage certificates, emails, letters from family condoning your relationship together,
etc. Good luck :)
Thanks Rosie Lee for your advice! I will put everything together to make a very strong case.....

Mirjana85

Jul 22, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
AOR Received.
25-09-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
07-12-2012
Venecan said:
Yes!!!!! Today my wife got de AOR from Vienna Office. At this moment i just wish see the first visa issuing for this year 1st quarter applicants!!!
Happy weekend for everybody!
Please update the schedule.
Congratulations maybe you could join seperate thread where only Vienna VO people are.

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Good news from my end. I have been away from here for a while just coming back from China and wham, we got hit with exciting news the same day. My wife got passport request and has to send one additional document within 45 days. The letter from Hong Kong VO was sent on Aug. 29th just 7 weeks after file transfer from Missisauga. They state further in the letter that we can expect the visa 20 work days after we send requested doc and passport in. My wife travels now to her hometown to get the requested doc and spend time with her family with such unexpected news. Her medical expires Nov. 15th, so it will be a very tight timeline for her landing unless they make a medical extension as mentioned elsewhere in this forum, so she has more than the one week as it seems to land in Canada. They are saying medicals within 15 month of their date can be extended for 12 more month and give with that a wider landing date span. Ecas changed sometimes between 29.Aug and now to in process. We are excited and a bit shocked of this fast process and it seems that our case will be done within 9 month after we applied in Missisauga and that with a HK processing time of 18 months. Fast cases are done in 9 month in HK and we seem to be such a case, wow. Please update the spreadsheet according to my data under my profile. Good luck further for all that are patiently waiting. All wait will be over with a decision sooner or later and off we go to next steps.

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
mobeyk said:
Good news from my end. I have been away from here for a while just coming back from China and wham, we got hit with exciting news the same day. My wife got passport request and has to send one additional document within 45 days. The letter from Hong Kong VO was sent on Aug. 29th just 7 weeks after file transfer from Missisauga. They state further in the letter that we can expect the visa 20 work days after we send requested doc and passport in. My wife travels now to her hometown to get the requested doc and spend time with her family with such unexpected news. Her medical expires Nov. 15th, so it will be a very tight timeline for her landing unless they make a medical extension as mentioned elsewhere in this forum, so she has more than the one week as it seems to land in Canada. They are saying medicals within 15 month of their date can be extended for 12 more month and give with that a wider landing date span. Ecas changed sometimes between 29.Aug and now to in process. We are excited and a bit shocked of this fast process and it seems that our case will be done within 9 month after we applied in Missisauga and that with a HK processing time of 18 months. Fast cases are done in 9 month in HK and we seem to be such a case, wow. Please update the spreadsheet according to my data under my profile. Good luck further for all that are patiently waiting. All wait will be over with a decision sooner or later and off we go to next steps.
Congrats Mobeyk, thats fantastic news...I wish you guys all the best with your new life in Canada ;D

Venecan

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienne - Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2012
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
07-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
18-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-23-2013 Redone
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
I hope this year!
LANDED..........
I hope this year!
Mirjana85 said:
Congratulations maybe you could join seperate thread where only Vienna VO people are.
Thanks i did it before share my status on april thread!
Thanks for the suggestion!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mobeyk said:
Hey Mobeyk,

congratulations, that's excellent news! enjoy the feeling, and good luck to your wife packing everything up, that's quite a tight schedule!
Cheers,
Sweden

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
I just called CIC and got the most adversarial agent ever. Our conversation was ridiculous, where he kept interrupting me every time I tried to tell him something, to accuse me of one thing or another, and then when I finally was able to say something he would accuse me of witholding information because I didn't tell him that before. I just kept asking him to just open my file with my client ID so that he could see what I was talking about. And he was refusing. He kept accusing me of saying one thing and then another, and witholding information! It was like an episode of Fawlty Towers or something. I should have hung up before giving him my client ID number because it was just that ridiculous. Anyways, once he looked into my file he said that it had been transfered to an agent in charge this morning and that they were looking into it.

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steph C said:
I just called CIC and got the most adversarial agent ever. Our conversation was ridiculous, where he kept interrupting me every time I tried to tell him something, to accuse me of one thing or another, and then when I finally was able to say something he would accuse me of witholding information because I didn't tell him that before. I just kept asking him to just open my file with my client ID so that he could see what I was talking about. And he was refusing. He kept accusing me of saying one thing and then another, and witholding information! It was like an episode of Fawlty Towers or something. I should have hung up before giving him my client ID number because it was just that ridiculous. Anyways, once he looked into my file he said that it had been transfered to an agent in charge this morning and that they were looking into it.
Steph C, what is that you were trying to say to the agent and he was accusing you of withholding information? Something specific to your case? From what I understand, it is the completness of the package they look for and if you are eligible to sponsor. Nothing else from what I understand. Can you share your experience if possible so that we all know how to deal with them if needed.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
lioha said:
Steph C, what is that you were trying to say to the agent and he was accusing you of withholding information? Something specific to your case? From what I understand, it is the completness of the package they look for and if you are eligible to sponsor. Nothing else from what I understand. Can you share your experience if possible so that we all know how to deal with them if needed.
That WAS pretty much my experience. The Agent had not even asked for my name or client number, he had no idea who I was. I would start to tell him "I called last Friday and.." then he would interrupt me to try and tell me what I was telling him, which was wrong, then when I finally got it out he would say "but you didn't tell me that how come you didn't say that at the beginning" In his opinion, me 'witholding information' was because I was not able to tell him I called them on August 16th because he kept interrupting me every time I started to speak. I kept saying, let me give you my client ID number, you can open my file, then we can be on the same page here." And he was refusing. He said first, I need to understand why you're calling. Is it because you're unhappy and you want to complain? Or do you need to change something? Because we can't change anything. And we don't take complaints. I was just saying that I wanted him to look at my file to see what was the information there. ??? ??? ???

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Wow! That is totally unprofessional. They must know they have us in the palm of their hand and we are in no position to be annoyed at their abject lack of service quality. These call center agents suck!

Don't worry, Steph, you're approval is coming very soon...

FS

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Fencesitter said:
Wow! That is totally unprofessional. They must know they have us in the palm of their hand and we are in no position to be annoyed at their abject lack of service quality. These call center agents suck!

Don't worry, Steph, you're approval is coming very soon...

FS
It's like he was trying to make me mad. If I wasn't such a calm person I probably would have lost it. I hope it's coming soon.. if they looked at the file it must be on its way!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Steph C said:
It's like he was trying to make me mad. If I wasn't such a calm person I probably would have lost it. I hope it's coming soon.. if they looked at the file it must be on its way!
fingers crossed for your Steph C.....it is very frustrating being so out of control of one's life.....but hang in there.....just gotta keep looking at the bigger picture.....it will all be worth it for sure.....we are all sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!!! :)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
KJG said:
fingers crossed for your Steph C.....it is very frustrating being so out of control of one's life.....but hang in there.....just gotta keep looking at the bigger picture.....it will all be worth it for sure.....we are all sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!!! :)
:'( :'(thanks guys!