grewal

Dec 6, 2010
UP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jason Kenney wants to 'stop the madness' in immigration system

source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/jason-kenney-wants-to-stop-the-madness-in-immigration-system/article2392588/

Jason Kenney has had it with incremental measures.

“It frustrates the hell out of me,” the Immigration Minister told The Globe and Mail's editorial board on Wednesday. “We're bringing hundreds of thousands of people into the country to end up, many of them, unemployed or underemployed in an economy where there are acute labour shortages.”

That's how he justifies the federal Conservatives' drastic plans for immigration – shifts in who comes here, and how, that the government is now pushing more urgently than before. Ottawa wants to transform the immigration system within a year and a half to allow international companies and Canadian professional organizations to assess the education and credentials of any would-be newcomer. Under the new system, employers, not bureaucrats, will decide who comes to Canada.

“Employers are going to do a much better job at selection than a passive bureaucracy,” he said, “because they can't afford to recruit people to come to Canada who can't work at their skill level on arrival.”

But to create the 21st century immigration system that he says Canada lacks, Mr. Kenney contends that the country first needs to deal with a staggering backlog. Last week, Ottawa announced that hundreds of thousands of people who have waited for years have been bumped from the skilled-worker application list. The move has appalled critics, prompting threats of class action lawsuits from immigration lawyers. But Mr. Kenney insists the plan, if harsh, is a lawful and necessary step to purge the immigration system and get it working again.

“We could continue with this incremental approach to backlog reduction and eventually by about 2018 we would get to a working inventory. By returning these applications now we'll get to the working inventory in about 18 months' time,” he said.
so no worry for pre-junes(2010), we are part of working inventory
Mr. Kenney was also clear that implementing his idea of immigration means sending an unambiguous message about what he considers Canadian values – and that goes for people who want to take their citizenship oath wearing the niqab, a veil that covers the face.

“I'm not saying that wearing a niqab is barbaric. I am saying that the whole citizenship process is an opportunity for us to instill in people a sense of Canadian – read broadly, western liberal democratic – values, including the equality of men and women,” he said. “And I think most of us would regard a ... tribal practice forcing women to cover their faces illiberal.”

Transforming Canada's immigration system is a good idea, says Maytree Foundation president Ratna Omidvar – just a little belated.

“He's imagining a system that we should have had 10 years ago.”

Ms. Omidvar said she's concerned, however, that a new emphasis on language skills will exclude the immigrants from emerging markets that Canada needs most. And, she argues, focusing on a perfect future immigration system will leave behind those newcomers who are already here, and struggling.

“The government needs to invest more resources in internships, in mentoring, in bridge training programs,” she said. “All this talk about fixing the system for the future takes our eyes off the ball.”

Mr. Kenney's plan to ensure Canada primarily brings in people who can do well here and help the economy is a way to “stop the madness,” as he puts it, of having chronically underemployed immigrants when employers across the country face severe labour shortages. And he said it will allow Canada to better compete for the world's top talent up against not only Australia and New Zealand – “we've been letting them eat our lunch on this,” Mr. Kenney said – but also emerging powerhouses such as Brazil.

Critics have charged that the federal Conservatives' approach is xenophobic, draconian or too market-driven. But Mr. Kenney argues Canada's doing people a disservice by bringing them without a shot at a decent job.

“To string them along for years as they get stuck in survival jobs, as their skills deteriorate and they deplete their savings, is almost inhumane.”

One fundamental challenge is Canada's balkanized system of professional credentials.

It's tough to ensure the engineers coming to Canada meet the Canadian definition of “engineer,” Mr. Kenney said, when there isn't one – when each province has its own professional body and system of evaluating qualifications.

In January, 2009, the provinces agreed to sit down and hash out these differences. Three years and $50-million later, nine professions have come up with matching processes. Another six are in the works. Mr. Kenney's ultimate goal is to set up national groups to assess immigrants' credentials before they show up. At the same time, he's about to put out a call for companies to do a similar pre-assessment of international education.

“Dropping immigrants into our labour market to sink or swim, even if they really don't have a reasonable shot at getting their licence, it's a waste of human capital. It's an opportunity cost for our economy,” he says. “So by creating a better qualified pool of prospective immigrants who are going to have much higher rates of success in getting their licenses, they will all do much better.”

Canadian Dreams

Jul 23, 2011
paramjit said:
Can u pl. share ur current ecas status and the processing start date in ecas.
This is because some members of NDVO who ordered caips got next BFD exactly 120 days after the actual in process date. If urs is also same ie BFD in ur caips is 01-06-2012 then ur actual process date will be around 02-02-2012. Then most of us with actual process start date can expect some movement ie MR request after 120 days .
Other members pl . opine on this so that my guess is strengthened
Paramjit Bhaji, I have a slightly different opinion & I hope you will like it. If your guess is right i.e.

Mr. Rao's IP date is 02-02-2012

then

BF'D exactly comes to 01-06-2012 (i.e.120 days) & this is mentioned in his CAIPS alright.

Now the difference starts as you said MRs may will be issued after 01-06-2012 when the File will be re-opened.

Here I will sound Logically Optimistic & different. I think MRs & other requests that had been mentioned in CAIPS notes should have been issued or will be issued soon with a deadline of 01-06-2012.

Reason > VO had already requested ECU to issue those requests & put a BF'D. Now he/she will pick up the file again on the said date & x-chk the updated file with the docs requested. Else there is no fun to scrutinize the already checked documents on BF'D.

On the Flip side: If Internally ECU shows in-ability to issue those requests on time & requested documents are not received by the BF'D due to internal lapse/delay, then VO will merely put another BF'D on the file.

I may be wrong in my interpretation but I am hopeful that Mr. Rao will hear from CHC within this month as per VO's request.

ptv7425

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2014
Canadian Dreams said:
Paramjit Bhaji, I have a slightly different opinion & I hope you will like it. If your guess is right i.e.

then

BF'D exactly comes to 01-06-2012 (i.e.120 days) & this is mentioned in his CAIPS alright.

Now the difference starts as you said MRs may will be issued after 01-06-2012 when the File will be re-opened.

Here I will sound Logically Optimistic & different. I think MRs & other requests that had been mentioned in CAIPS notes should have been issued or will be issued soon with a deadline of 01-06-2012.

Reason > VO had already requested ECU to issue those requests & put a BF'D. Now he/she will pick up the file again on the said date & x-chk the updated file with the docs requested. Else there is no fun to scrutinize the already checked documents on BF'D.

On the Flip side: If Internally ECU shows in-ability to issue those requests on time & requested documents are not received by the BF'D due to internal lapse/delay, then VO will merely put another BF'D on the file.

I may be wrong in my interpretation but I am hopeful that Mr. Rao will hear from CHC within this month as per VO's request.
That sounds logical, BFD is just a reminder to look at the file. If meds are not requested by then, VO will simply assign a new BFD and move on to the next file. ECU will request meds based on the quotas for the year (to avoid re-medicals)

My guess is, we will have to wait until the second half of this year to see medical requests for Mi-1s.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Very Good Post by grewal. thanks Mate.

magar

Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
1 June 2010
hi

i am 100 % agree with your view.

regards

Canadian Dreams said:

then

shergill

Mar 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30april,2010
Doc's Request.
25aug,2010, full dcos. sent in december,2010
IELTS Request
already sent with application
Med's Request
15th feb.,2013
Med's Done....
2nd april
Passport Req..
with MR
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
nice post grewal baba ji

laxmikumar

Apr 5, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London-JMR
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2010
Doc's Request.
22-07-2010
AOR Received.
09/03/2011 *12 letter(march,2012) and 18 months letter(April,2013)
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
In process (29th march 2012)
Med's Request
30-sep-2013
Med's Done....
11-Oct-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-NOV-2013 (passports reached the LVO on Dec 5th )
VISA ISSUED...
23-Dec-2013
LANDED..........
?
letter from visa office-London

hi guys,
how are you? I was inactive longer period because of my job and recently born baby.

Today, I have received a letter from visa office-London.
it says like this.............

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. It has been reviewed by an officer and found to be eligible for further processing.
We anticipate being able to advise you of the next processing steps in 6 to 12 months' time
Please note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary.
You should note take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.Please do not make any case status requests during the next 12 months as they will not be answered.

However, please do advise us if there is a change in your personal circumstances, such as birth of a child, a marriage or divorce.
Please ensure you quote your file number on any correspondence send to us.
All irreplaceable original documents , which were not obtained for the purpose of submitting an application for immigration ,are being returned to you.( I got return few documents such as my and wife nativity certificate, birth certificate , work experience letters ( mine and my wife work experience which are not necessary for points) etc.

I sent my child application with complete documentation in 22nd Dec,2011 to London office.

E-cas status-- In process (not mentioned about review of application and date )

I feel this information useful for the forum. Any comments and discussion on this matter is welcome.

cheers

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo &gt;&gt; Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
Re: letter from visa office-London

laxmikumar said:
hi guys,
how are you? I was inactive longer period because of my job and recently born baby.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. It has been reviewed by an officer and found to be eligible for further processing.
We anticipate being able to advise you of the next processing steps in 6 to 12 months' time
Please note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary.
You should note take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.Please do not make any case status requests during the next 12 months as they will not be answered.

However, please do advise us if there is a change in your personal circumstances, such as birth of a child, a marriage or divorce.
All irreplaceable original documents , which were not obtained for the purpose of submitting an application for immigration ,are being returned to you.( I got return few documents such as my and wife nativity certificate, birth certificate , work experience letters ( mine and my wife work experience which are not necessary for points) etc.

I sent my child application with complete documentation in 22nd Dec,2011 to London office.

I feel this information useful for the forum. Any comments and discussion on this matter is welcome.

cheers
laxmikumar,

This letter looks promising. Although 12 months seem to be a little too long of a wait, it looks like they will be processing applications from NOC 4131 =)

prmalr

Jul 16, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: letter from visa office-London

laxmikumar said:
hi guys,

cheers
Hi laxmikumar, thanks for the info and sharing,
pls could you update us on when ur ecas changed to in process and do you have application received date only inside in process status?
thanks again
all the best!

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
So From Feb 2012 its 120 days to Dispatch the MR's for you guys?

grewal

Dec 6, 2010
UP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jason Kenney' take on backlog in an Interview to The Globe and Mail:

We need to get better results for newcomers and get better results for immigration. This is the most important public policy question of our time.

We need to deal decisively with the legacy backlogs. We took action starting in 2009, and reduced the backlog in half.

But we must do more or we’ll just be carrying forward the backlog for years. We won't be able to get to a situation where we can bring in people with pre-arranged jobs in a matter of months which is what you need if you want an immigration system that is responsive to the labour market.

We’re bringing forth amendments to the immigration act to return about 100,000 applications involving about 300,000 individuals, applications which have been in the system from 2001-2008. We’ll return the application fees.

This will allow us to move to a just-in-time system, a working inventory in our skilled worker system, where in about 18 months, so by 2014, we will be admitting people who apply within months.

You can read the script of whole interview by following this link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/editorials/immigration-minister-jason-kenney-elaborates-on-the-transformational-changes-to-canadas-immigration-model/article2397489/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A%20RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Opinions&utm_content=2397489

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grewal said:
Jason Kenney' take on backlog in an Interview to The Globe and Mail:

We need to get better results for newcomers and get better results for immigration. This is the most important public policy question of our time.

We need to deal decisively with the legacy backlogs. We took action starting in 2009, and reduced the backlog in half.

But we must do more or we'll just be carrying forward the backlog for years. We won't be able to get to a situation where we can bring in people with pre-arranged jobs in a matter of months which is what you need if you want an immigration system that is responsive to the labour market.

We're bringing forth amendments to the immigration act to return about 100,000 applications involving about 300,000 individuals, applications which have been in the system from 2001-2008. We'll return the application fees.

This will allow us to move to a just-in-time system, a working inventory in our skilled worker system, where in about 18 months, so by 2014, we will be admitting people who apply within months.

You can read the script of whole interview by following this link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/editorials/immigration-minister-jason-kenney-elaborates-on-the-transformational-changes-to-canadas-immigration-model/article2397489/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A%20RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Opinions&utm_content=2397489
Is this means that people will get their immi visa within a month after applying ??

krgkutty

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/04/2010
File Transfer...
30/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012: re-med 26/2/14
Med's Done....
01/03/2014
I have received a letter from NDVO today:

This is in response to the medical report dated xxxxxxx of your spouse confirming her pregnancy. Please use below information to add the child when he/she is born.

Request - Family Composition - Add Child to Application FOr Before visa issuance

Advise us of a change to your family composition, please send us a signed letter (the letter may be scanned and sent as an email attachment) providing us with all required changes to your file. The following information must be included in the letter if we are to make the changes:

- full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- fax number, including area code, and
- mailing address

As we require your signature on this information, please note that your current family composition has not been amended in our records.

How to add your child to your application:

Important: Note that if your child was born in Canada or if one parent is a Canadian citizen, then the child is a Canadian citizen. If that is the case, you do not need to add the child to your application, and no medical examination or fee is required. You must, however, send us a copy of the child's birth certificate. You should also contact the Consular section of the High Commission of Canada to make sure the child has the appropriate travel document.

You will be required to submit the following documents in order to add your child to your application:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your child be added to your application
- processing fee for the child (if accompanying you to Canada)
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself and your spouse to include added child
- If the child is 18 years or older, an IMM0008, Schedule A and IMM5406 Additional Family Information Form
- notarized copy of the child's birth certificate
- copy of your child's valid passport(s) both valid and expired
- four recent passport-size photographs of your child according to the specifications

- if you applied as a Skilled Worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added child
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your child ( in his or her name), if you are immigrating to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.
We will contact you if there is any further information we require.

Regards,
Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada

The Letter has been edited to include only the relevant part.
Thanks,
Krg.

grewal

Dec 6, 2010
UP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Classical_beat said:
Is this means that people will get their immi visa within a month after applying ??
means
within months instead of years....lolz

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I have seen enough. I would be watchful what CIC does with their new policies. They have said a lot but issued visas to the 2nd friend although he applied with same type of qualification with the 1st friend. CIC has a mysterious review policy.