+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPROVED!!! Passport finally requested!!!

djmonay

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WOW!!! CONGRATS!! :D let's have a party!!!! :p

I hope our applications too will be approved :D

grettta

Star Member
Feb 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2010
LANDED..........
22-06-2010
Congratulations!!!

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
January 2010 AGAIN IN Feb 2011
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
CONGRATS!!!! VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! SAD GIRL

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME THAT MY LOSTSOUL FINDS ITS DESTINATION AS WELL....

BEST OF LUCK!!! ITS TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!!!! HAVE FUN!!!!! BEST WISHES

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all so much!

I would also like to thank all of you for your continued support and encouragement.

I wish the best of luck for all those who are still waiting for their applications to be finalized. I know how stressed out you must all feel. This is a very draining process, especially when it takes longer than what was expected. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

:)

kolibri

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-12-2009
Interview........
09-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2010 (rec'd 05-07-10)
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010 (rec'd 16-07-10)
LANDED..........
17-07-2010

FStone

Jan 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Sad Girl! I have been keeping an eye on your case! VERY happy for you!

I do have something I NEED to tell you!!! London is WAY behind in processing passports and visas at the moment. We went last week and the guy said its taking about 6-8 weeks at present to receive your passport back from mailing it in. I do recommend dropping it off in London if at all possible!

Another person on another forum sent his passport SEVEN weeks ago, and when he wrote to them inquiring to where it was (also ensuring it wasn't lost en-route) they wrote back and they said they are currently taking up to 2.5 MONTHS to process mailed-in passports.

Just to warn you, I don't want you to be stuck yet again!

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Congrates Sad Girl for getting such a great news after such a painful and stressful wait...

did it ever happen to u that u sent london email for an update and they did not get back to u ? i am also waiting for passport request since may 2010 after i got approved but they r not replying to my emails...i m a bit worried now.

mrsprogram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2010
AOR Received.
02-06-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-08-2010
Congrats Sad Girl!!! ;D

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FStone said:
Congratulations Sad Girl! I have been keeping an eye on your case! VERY happy for you!

I do have something I NEED to tell you!!! London is WAY behind in processing passports and visas at the moment. We went last week and the guy said its taking about 6-8 weeks at present to receive your passport back from mailing it in. I do recommend dropping it off in London if at all possible!

Another person on another forum sent his passport SEVEN weeks ago, and when he wrote to them inquiring to where it was (also ensuring it wasn't lost en-route) they wrote back and they said they are currently taking up to 2.5 MONTHS to process mailed-in passports.

Just to warn you, I don't want you to be stuck yet again!
Oh dear, I hope it doesn't take that long!!! How come it would take so long to process the mailed-in passports? Unfortunately, my husband cannot drop it off in person as he is in Sweden. When we found out that our application was approved I called the immigration officer in Stockholm and he told me that it should take approximately 2 weeks to stamp the visa and send it back.

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedd said:
did it ever happen to u that u sent london email for an update and they did not get back to u ? i am also waiting for passport request since may 2010 after i got approved but they r not replying to my emails...i m a bit worried now.
syedd,

Yes, there were times when I sent London emails and they did not respond to me. It depends when the last time they updated you on your case. If you sent an email to them and they responded and then you sent one a week or two later, they will not respond. You have to wait at least a month or two between each one of your enquiries, unfortunately. Has London ever responded to any of your email(s)?

Did you have an interview?

krofnica

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2008
Doc's Request.
07-06-2011 new police cert.
File Transfer...
05-12-2008
Med's Request
07-06-2011
Med's Done....
28-05-2008 expired / 30 June 2011
Interview........
10-02-2009 / Security Interview: 09-02-2011
Passport Req..
12-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
OMG! I am so happy for you. This gives me hope as our processing times are the same as yours. Hopefully July 4th we will hear good news as well.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Thanks for your reply .

Yeah I had an interview in the month of May 2010 and got approved. IO advised me to do a new medical and get a police certificate which I did and posted them about a month ago. I was advised to wait 4 to six weeks to wait for a passport request but after 7 weeks there is no joy. B.T I sent them an email to get an update but there is no reply either which is a bit worrying because they always responded to my email in past . did they approve your husband at the time of interview or what ? i also remember IO officer saying to me " your all security checks have been done and we are ready to issue you a visa" sort of!! so presumably all security checks have been done and they all r ok :D

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedd said:
Thanks for your reply .

Yeah I had an interview in the month of May 2010 and got approved. IO advised me to do a new medical and get a police certificate which I did and posted them about a month ago. I was advised to wait 4 to six weeks to wait for a passport request but after 7 weeks there is no joy. B.T I sent them an email to get an update but there is no reply either which is a bit worrying because they always responded to my email in past . did they approve your husband at the time of interview or what ? i also remember IO officer saying to me " your all security checks have been done and we are ready to issue you a visa" sort of!! so presumably all security checks have been done and they all r ok :D
When my husband had his interview, at the end of the interview the IO told my husband that he approves the application for a visa. The IO sent the application back to London for a routine background check, and it got stuck on the background checks for 15 months. We had to wait for the security to be cleared until London can issue the visa.

I would send email enquiries to London to get updates about the case, sometimes they would respond and sometimes they would not. It depends on how close the enquiries are to each other. I then gave up on sending email enquires, and I would just call the IO (in Sweden) that done my husband's interview to get an update from him on the status of our case.

However, if the security checks have been completed and cleared and your medicals and police certificates are cleared, then you should be hearing something very soon. Which visa office is your case going through? Are you able to get in contact with the IO that done your interview to get an update on the case from them?

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krofnica said:
OMG! I am so happy for you. This gives me hope as our processing times are the same as yours. Hopefully July 4th we will hear good news as well.
Thank you so much! I hope your case will be finalized on July 4th too. Best of luck to you and your husband!

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Thanks for a detailed answer.

there are two question clicking my mind.

1. Did IO handed all documents back to your husband after an interview such as pictures, marriage certificate or anything except application forms ?
2. Did IO tell you husband that it was going for security checks which might take sometime i mean anything related to background checks or did he tell him how long it will take to get the visa after interview like he told me 4 to six weeks ?

Thanks