+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approval on Sponsorship for Inland PR application

AE0626

Aug 16, 2010
Hi - To avoid getting impatient, I have let go of thinking of my Inland PR application since I have submitted it last October 2010. Today, Out of curiosity, I checked e-cas and to my surprise, saw that my application is now in process:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 4, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 19, 2010.

It had been processed almost 6 months ago. I am just wondering why we have not gotten word on an approval/denial of my husbands sponsorship. Is this a normal timeline? does it really take this long before immigrations gets back to sponsors on their application? Should I call the Call center? Should I panic?

They say no news is good news... but just wanted to make sure all is well.

Thanks so much!

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I submitted my application September 2009, I heard nothing for months, then got an update saying they had started processing November 2009. The day that my ecas was updated, 27th April 2010 with this information, I also got the brown envelopes from CIC, stating I had AIP and my PR was approved.

Sounds like you are due an envelope any day to me.....Good Luck ;D

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
angelbrat said:
I submitted my application September 2009, I heard nothing for months, then got an update saying they had started processing November 2009. The day that my ecas was updated, 27th April 2010 with this information, I also got the brown envelopes from CIC, stating I had AIP and my PR was approved.

The OP most likely won't get a decision until about July/Aug if the current processing times of 9-10 for AIP stays true. They are making decisions on applications that were sent June/July 2010. Most people are able to log into e-cas before a decision is made. I sent mine in May 2010 and was able to log into e-cas in Aug 2010. A lot of people who who applied in 2010 who weren't able to log in before got in for 1st time around the end of March.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
angelbrat said:
according to the actual "speed" of CiC, if you sent the application in october 2010 you should expect to receive, if everything is ok with your application(the file is not transferred to a local office), at the start of august 2011, but these days they are getting a bit faster so it may well be a bit earlier than that or later if the whole process slows down for summer holidays( i don't know) Also , judging from the people's experience in this forum a lot of inland applications are receiving AIP and PR at the same time these days. Good luck!!

AE0626

Aug 16, 2010
Thanks so much for your responses! :)

So at least now I know theres no reason to start pulling my hair and panicky!

AE0626

Aug 16, 2010
One last thing:

So it IS possible to get decisions all at the same time? Such as my husbands sponsorship approval and perhaps my PR approval?

As I was browsing through this forum I noticed the timeline for others and saw that they got an sponsorship approval then later on got their AIP. But then I may be mistaken since these applicants are all outland..

I just thought that decisions would be given on installment? :)

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
AE0626 said:
One last thing:

So it IS possible to get decisions all at the same time? Such as my husbands sponsorship approval and perhaps my PR approval?

As I was browsing through this forum I noticed the timeline for others and saw that they got an sponsorship approval then later on got their AIP. But then I may be mistaken since these applicants are all outland..

I just thought that decisions would be given on installment? :)
We got both at the same time. So yes it is possible. Recently, quite few other applicants have been getting both at the same time. Did you send all the police cert etc... with the application? I included everything with mine. They started processing mine July 22 and my husband's sponsorship approval was on March 7th... the same day the started processing his part. They sent us both letters that time.

AE0626

Aug 16, 2010
Yep, everything was in there.

I also actually included my application for extension of Visa (which I received already last February 2011)

Thanks so much for the info!

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I received my partners sponsorship approval, my AIP and approval of my PR, stating the application process was completed, all on the same day, in three brown envelopes.

My ecas was also updated for the first time on the same day.

Sometimes, I feel that not even CIC themselves, really knows what CIC are doing. Everyone has a different story to tell. :D