+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apprenticeship

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can I move to Canada as apprentice from home country
You will need to gain admission to a college for an apprenticeship program. Complete the program and begin the apprenticeship process. You can’t move to Canada to become an apprentice without work permit or PR.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You will need to gain admission to a college for an apprenticeship program. Complete the program and begin the apprenticeship process. You can’t move to Canada to become an apprentice without work permit or PR.
Actually, you need to either be a citizen, PR, refugee or protected perso with a work permit or on a PGWP to become an apprentice. Apprenticeships are an employee sponsored program that take a minimum of 3 year (depending on the trade) and requires a minimum number of hours worked in a year prior to completing the educational portion. You must have an employer in order to become an apprentice.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually, you need to either be a citizen, PR, refugee or protected perso with a work permit or on a PGWP to become an apprentice. Apprenticeships are an employee sponsored program that take a minimum of 3 year (depending on the trade) and requires a minimum number of hours worked in a year prior to completing the educational portion. You must have an employer in order to become an apprentice.
Thanks. I did know that you need to be PR or citizen for apprenticeship. Assume the only way was to gain admission to a college program, get PGWP, and then maybe be eligible for PR.

jerroldjamesh

Apr 18, 2023
Hi, may I take apprenticeship programs with open working permit visa? Would I violate any rules regarding my visa if I will apply PR in the future? Thank you

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If you find a college that offers pre apprenticeship programs, you should be eligible to enroll. You wouldn't actually be eligible to enter an apprenticeship contract with an employer until you have your PR.

Khuspinder

Jan 24, 2024
I am an international student doing business course and planning to get work permit and have a master mechanic agreeing to sponsor me for apprenticeships, can I enroll in apprenticeship program on my work permit ?

priyanshu012

Feb 5, 2024
I am an international student doing business course and planning to get work permit and have a master mechanic agreeing to sponsor me for apprenticeships, can I enroll in apprenticeship program on my work permit ?
yes you can, i am on PGWP and i am a registered apprentice in ontario