+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying student visa within Canada

Bear60

Jul 31, 2020
Hi guys,

Just wondering, I am already in canada with a working holiday visa (work permit) and very soon I will be applying for a student visa within Canada. I think I need to go for Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada - Student - online application .

I am looking at the documents that I need to submit and I don’t know what that point means:

• Proof of academic standing at institutions: letter from institutional registrar and/or photocopies of transcripts from your last two periods of study.

I am a new student in Canada and I was thinking that I will be okey only with my Letter of Acceptance of my college.. so I am a bit lost with that.

Any help would be very appreciate.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

Just wondering, I am already in canada with a working holiday visa (work permit) and very soon I will be applying for a student visa within Canada. I think I need to go for Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada - Student - online application .

I am looking at the documents that I need to submit and I don’t know what that point means:

• Proof of academic standing at institutions: letter from institutional registrar and/or photocopies of transcripts from your last two periods of study.

I am a new student in Canada and I was thinking that I will be okey only with my Letter of Acceptance of my college.. so I am a bit lost with that.

Any help would be very appreciate.
Thanks
You have to use the outside of Canada process to apply for a study permit.

Bear60

Jul 31, 2020
Mmmm..when I tried to apply it asked me if I am inside or outside Canada and then it sent me directly to that process.

Can you refer me to that point?

Thanks a lot.

Bear60

Jul 31, 2020
You have to say you are outside Canada.
Oh really? Why do I have to choose that, if I am in canada?
Otherwise, I guess choosing that it would take much longer to process my visa.

Sorry I am a bit confusing with the process :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh really? Why do I have to choose that, if I am in canada?
Otherwise, I guess choosing that it would take much longer to process my visa.

Sorry I am a bit confusing with the process :(
You can’t apply in Canada so you will need to send your application abroad. Most send it to the US.

Bear60

Jul 31, 2020
You can’t apply in Canada so you will need to send your application abroad. Most send it to the US.
So Do I have to travel to the US to apply for it?

I found that in the gov website:

Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Student (IMM 5709)
Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by each person who wants to apply for an extension of their study permit or change conditions of their stay in Canada, including applying for an initial study permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So Do I have to travel to the US to apply for it?

I found that in the gov website:

Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Student (IMM 5709)
Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by each person who wants to apply for an extension of their study permit or change conditions of their stay in Canada, including applying for an initial study permit
You must mail your application to the US.