+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying PR Card Renewal after PRTD issuance.

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Hi All,

I got my PRTD approved yesterday. I was barely at the edge when my PRTD got approved like I just had 750 days but now since the PRTD took like 40-50 days I am running short of days again. So I had a question should I apply with old documents and date what I gave for PRTD or wait to accumulate 730 days total that is cover those 40-50 days which I spent waiting for PRTD and reapply. And since I included my time being out of Canada working for a Canadian employer. Do you think will they reassess all thing over as a new application or they would approve the PR Card renewal without much hassle since the PRTD was approved and residency was assessed.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I got my PRTD approved yesterday. I was barely at the edge when my PRTD got approved like I just had 750 days but now since the PRTD took like 40-50 days I am running short of days again. So I had a question should I apply with old documents and date what I gave for PRTD or wait to accumulate 730 days total that is cover those 40-50 days which I spent waiting for PRTD and reapply. And since I included my time being out of Canada working for a Canadian employer. Do you think will they reassess all thing over as a new application or they would approve the PR Card renewal without much hassle since the PRTD was approved and residency was assessed.

Thanks
Wait until you meet the 730 day residency requirement before you apply to renew your PR card. It will be treated as a separate application and you must meet RO on the day you apply. Yes, it will be assessed separately.

Make sure your employment arrangement outside of Canada meets the requirements to be counted.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks
You seem to have gotten really lucky and your time working for the Canadian employer while living in the US was counted. Would really suggest consulting a lawyer to get an opinion on whether that time should actually count before you apply for a new PR card. Personally think there was an error since you never worked for the employer in Canada first and were not transferred to do your work abroad. I would suggest waiting 730+ days after arriving in Canada and then file for your PR card renewal.