+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Outland as conjugal partners or pls help

flamesldn

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hey guys I initially applied for my pr application as an inland common law applicant. I was leaving with my girlfriend at that time for about 2 years the only problem was that I lost my status 6 months before I applied for the Inland application. There was a day that I got arrested because someone thought I was the person they saw. All the charges were dropped and I don’t have any record but when I was arrested the police sent my passport to immigration so I was given a removal order and some day to wait for a decision on my application but it pass the time they gave me I got SA and ADR the Friday before I left Canada. I explain everything to the CBSA official and they told me I had to leave that my application would still be processed.
When I got back to my home country since I realised I had an exclusion order I figured I should withdraw my application and apply Outland. The MP in my constituency told me to leave it that they would continue processing the application. I recently just got refused based on the grounds of not being in Canada at the moment. I am planing on reapplying but I don’t know which process to go through since we aren’t married but been together for 4 years and counting living together for 3 of those years.

Am sorry my message is long I just want to know if it’s better to apply conjugal or if common law can still work .. I have 3 months left on my exclusion order so I would be ok by the time they begin processing my application

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I know nothing about the exclusion order related aspects, but if you can document the common law relationship, it should still be possible to apply under that despite not currently living together.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys I initially applied for my pr application as an inland common law applicant. I was leaving with my girlfriend at that time for about 2 years the only problem was that I lost my status 6 months before I applied for the Inland application. There was a day that I got arrested because someone thought I was the person they saw. All the charges were dropped and I don’t have any record but when I was arrested the police sent my passport to immigration so I was given a removal order and some day to wait for a decision on my application but it pass the time they gave me I got SA and ADR the Friday before I left Canada. I explain everything to the CBSA official and they told me I had to leave that my application would still be processed.
When I got back to my home country since I realised I had an exclusion order I figured I should withdraw my application and apply Outland. The MP in my constituency told me to leave it that they would continue processing the application. I recently just got refused based on the grounds of not being in Canada at the moment. I am planing on reapplying but I don’t know which process to go through since we aren’t married but been together for 4 years and counting living together for 3 of those years.

Am sorry my message is long I just want to know if it’s better to apply conjugal or if common law can still work .. I have 3 months left on my exclusion order so I would be ok by the time they begin processing my application
It makes sense the application was refused. You need to be in Canada if applying inland.

You need to file a new outland application as common law (not conjugal).

flamesldn

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Ok so I should file it still as common law even if we are not currently staying together
It makes sense the application was refused. You need to be in Canada if applying inland.

You need to file a new outland application as common law (not conjugal).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok so I should file it still as common law even if we are not currently staying together
Yes. Breaks are allowed once you have established the common law relationship.

flamesldn

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Yes. Breaks are allowed once you have established the common law relationship.
Ok sounds good thanks so much you just calmed my mind another question is there any extra documentation I need to submit or just the regular requested ones.. my medicals would expire in 3 months but I can submit it with my police certificate and biometric that I did already?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok sounds good thanks so much you just calmed my mind another question is there any extra documentation I need to submit or just the regular requested ones.. my medicals would expire in 3 months but I can submit it with my police certificate and biometric that I did already?
Best advice any of us can give you is to follow the application guide. Biometrics will be fine. You need to redo the medical and also the PCCs.

flamesldn

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Best advice any of us can give you is to follow the application guide. Biometrics will be fine. You need to redo the medical and also the PCCs.
Isit possible that it’s still common law even though it’s been almost a 7months

flamesldn

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Yes you will still be considered common law but you will need proof that you were living together for over a year.
Yes we have been leaving together for over 3 years and I can get friends and family to write sign letters about our relationship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes we have been leaving together for over 3 years and I can get friends and family to write sign letters about our relationship
You will need documentary proof you were living together - leases, bills, tax returns, insurance policies, government docs, that type of thing. Some demonstration of 'joint household' with shared expenses too.

Letters from friends and family will support the relationship aspect but common law requires demonstrating you resided together. An exclusive and extensive relationship on its own is not common law (by standards IRCC uses).

Read the instructions and guide carefully.

flamesldn

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Yes our CRA documents state is as common law our lease the first day we moved in together
You will need documentary proof you were living together - leases, bills, tax returns, insurance policies, government docs, that type of thing. Some demonstration of 'joint household' with shared expenses too.

Letters from friends and family will support the relationship aspect but common law requires demonstrating you resided together. An exclusive and extensive relationship on its own is not common law (by standards IRCC uses).

Read the instructions and guide carefully.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes our CRA documents state is as common law our lease the first day we moved in together
That is a start but you need to show more proof that you were living together throughout the common law period. Copies of bills with your name or your partner's name with the date and your address throughout a 1 year period (or over a longer period) will be important.