+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from Australia?! Let us connect here!

RDong

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Hi RDong, What’s your AOR?
My Aor is on 8Feb. Apart from Bio and med, nothing moves. I knew there are two cases (applied from Aus) processed within 3ms, which gave me high hope that my app could have been processed that quick but due to the fact that I am 21 days to cross 6ms mark, I am back to initial thought that so long as I get golden mail, I am delighted regardless how long it takes.

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
My Aor is on 8Feb. Apart from Bio and med, nothing moves. I knew there are two cases (applied from Aus) processed within 3ms, which gave me high hope that my app could have been processed that quick but due to the fact that I am 21 days to cross 6ms mark, I am back to initial thought that so long as I get golden mail, I am delighted regardless how long it takes.
Hey, since you have crossed 90days ( your application would have been transferred to Sydney, Australia as you applied from Australia). You can now email or call the Canadian High Commission in Sydney, NSW, Australia, and they will help by giving you an update on your application status!

Reactions: RDong and Requiem1

RDong

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Hey, since you have crossed 90days ( your application would have been transferred to Sydney, Australia as you applied from Australia). You can now email or call the Canadian High Commission in Sydney, NSW, Australia, and they will help by giving you an update on your application status!
Really? I don't know about that. Thanks for sharing that info. I'll try and see what they revert. Tksss again.

RDong

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
I think for people applying from Australia, the average processing time is around 150 days

As per the tracker!! Filter the country of residence to Australia!
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application

Guess the processing is a bit slow here!!
Today my timebar shows 15 days remaining. My gut urges me to raise webform or email to Sydney office to ask about my app status but then I hesitate a bit as it still within 6ms processing. maybe they wait for more app to be finalised to issue in batch. I see not many app from Aus through immitracker.

RDong

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Hi everyone, AOR 21st Jan
Nationality:Indian
Country of Residence:Sydney,Australia
No updates since Biometrics and MEP, Fingers Crossed!
I have a Representative taking care of the case who is based in India and he suggested in raising a webform and ordering GCMS after the 6 months mark.
May I know the status of your application by now?

oppyddrum

Aug 1, 2019
New here, just made the decision to apply fro the Canadian PR
Current Status:
34 year old Australian Citizen with an American Bachelors in Electrical Eng and a Masters of Electronic Engineering, MBA and Masters of Subsea Engineering from Australia.
6 years experience as an electrical engineer and 2 years as a Subsea Engineer (current role). Considering applying as an Electrical Engineer as most of my experience is in that.
I plan to assess my Electronics masters/MBA for the points.
I don't believe that mixing occupations will be an advantage even though both occupations are on the NOC list.
I look forward to getting insights from this group and just enjoying the journey with the group.

If I was to ask a question right now, it will be that do both me and my wife have to have our quals assessed and IELTS completed before I submit the Expression of Interest? Like I said, we are at the very beginning of the process. All tips are welcome!

RDong

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
No updates yet mate. Planning to raise a webform after 7 months completion. Any updates from your side?
6 days to go but zero update for me. I've just received the 2nd gcms note which was ordered in early July. Sadly it appears that my file has been frozen for long. no progress has been made since my first gcms ordered in Apr. I am also thinking of raising webform.

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
New here, just made the decision to apply fro the Canadian PR
Current Status:
34 year old Australian Citizen with an American Bachelors in Electrical Eng and a Masters of Electronic Engineering, MBA and Masters of Subsea Engineering from Australia.
6 years experience as an electrical engineer and 2 years as a Subsea Engineer (current role). Considering applying as an Electrical Engineer as most of my experience is in that.
I plan to assess my Electronics masters/MBA for the points.
I don't believe that mixing occupations will be an advantage even though both occupations are on the NOC list.
I look forward to getting insights from this group and just enjoying the journey with the group.

If I was to ask a question right now, it will be that do both me and my wife have to have our quals assessed and IELTS completed before I submit the Expression of Interest? Like I said, we are at the very beginning of the process. All tips are welcome!
Yes, if both of you get your IELTS and education qualifications assessed you would get higher CRS points! Try using the CRS points calculator to know where you stand. On the contrary, if you have a really high score without your spouse getting their quals assessed then only your IELTS and education assessment would be sufficient! All the best!

Last edited:

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
6 days to go but zero update for me. I've just received the 2nd gcms note which was ordered in early July. Sadly it appears that my file has been frozen for long. no progress has been made since my first gcms ordered in Apr. I am also thinking of raising webform.
Oh no :( Do raise a webform and do email Sydney to get a better understanding of what is happening with your application.

As per immi tracker, I feel applications haven’t moved since mid January :(

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
Today my timebar shows 15 days remaining. My gut urges me to raise webform or email to Sydney office to ask about my app status but then I hesitate a bit as it still within 6ms processing. maybe they wait for more app to be finalised to issue in batch. I see not many app from Aus through immitracker.
I think people who have applied from Australia are just stuck! No movements in our files after the application is transferred back to Sydney, may be?

oppyddrum

Aug 1, 2019
Yes, if both of you get your IELTS and education qualifications assessed you would get higher CRS points! Try using the CRS points calculator to know where you stand. On the contrary, if you have a really high score without your spouse getting their quals assessed then only your IELTS and education assessment would be sufficient! All the best!
Thanks. I got all 9, 9, 8.5, 9 on the IELTS so I think that is high enough but wanting to get the best chance possible, my wife will do hers this week (hopefully similarly high scores) and both quals assessed. Don't want to leave anything to chance.
Good thing I believe is we can have her quals done after the EOI has been submitted so we can spread the expenses out a bit.

Sucks to hear all these tales of stuck applications for Aussie applicants, I wonder why. I hope that all gets resolved soon... for all our sakes.

Reactions: RDong

RDong

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
I think people who have applied from Australia are just stuck! No movements in our files after the application is transferred back to Sydney, may be?
I have a feeling my file hasn't been forwarded to Sydney, Australia as according to the latest GCMS, it says primary office is Sydney, secondary office is CIO. I guess this Sydney is meant to be Sydney NS.

kotvir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
Doc's Request.
22-07-2019
Nomination.....
28-11-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
12-03-2019
Med's Request
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
20-08-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2019
Thanks. I got all 9, 9, 8.5, 9 on the IELTS so I think that is high enough but wanting to get the best chance possible, my wife will do hers this week (hopefully similarly high scores) and both quals assessed. Don't want to leave anything to chance.
Good thing I believe is we can have her quals done after the EOI has been submitted so we can spread the expenses out a bit.

Sucks to hear all these tales of stuck applications for Aussie applicants, I wonder why. I hope that all gets resolved soon... for all our sakes.
Hi How much time it took for you to see your meds result uploaded to CIC by BUPA (Sydney, Australia) ?

RDong

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Hi all, I have just received the reply from CIC that my application has been transferred to Sydney, Aus. Does it mean something positive?