+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from Australia?! Let us connect here!

annie89

May 19, 2019
Ok I hope one of u reply please
1 can I show proof of fund as some fds in India on my name and some money in Australia account?
2 do I have to show my old passport too as it got new zealand visa on it.? I have nz degree too that's why I am asking
Thank you

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
Ok I hope one of u reply please
1 can I show proof of fund as some fds in India on my name and some money in Australia account?
2 do I have to show my old passport too as it got new zealand visa on it.? I have nz degree too that's why I am asking
Thank you

Hi Annie, I just need some clarifications re your questions,

1.Does the Indian acc/ Australian acc alone add up to the minimum funds required ? Or do you have to show both to meet the minimum requirement?
You don’t have to show all your bank accounts. Only the one that meets your proof of funds.

If you need to show both to meet the required amount then you can get an individual summary document/bank letter for each your bank accounts that states all these required/necessary details. You can then write your own summary document/ Letter of explanation (LOE) that sums up all your liquid funds (this is not required but advisable) to support each of your individual summary documents. You can attach banks statements for the past 6 months as well. I’m not sure how thoroughly they check the statements (or if necessary at the initial point) but it’s highly advisable that you include bank statements.

You can also, check the forum for detailed explanations re proof of funds :)

2. You don’t have to show your old passport as such. You only need to add the details of your current passport.
However, If your NZ travel is within the last 10 years you need to add the details in your travel, residence and employment history. Also, if you are claiming points for your NZ education you need to get it assessed by a Canadian equivalent education assessing body.

Let me know if I haven’t clarified any parts of your question.

Last edited:

annie89

May 19, 2019
Hi Annie, I just need some clarifications.

1.Does the Indian acc/ Australian acc alone add up to the minimum funds required ? Or do you have to show both to meet the minimum requirement?
You don’t have to show all your bank accounts. Only the one that meets your proof of funds.

If you need to show both to meet the required amount then you can get an individual summary document/bank letter for each your bank accounts that states all these required/necessary details. You can then write your own summary document/ Letter of explanation (LOE) that sums up all your liquid funds (this is not required but advisable) to support each of your individual summary documents. You can attach banks statements for the past 6 months as well. I’m not sure how thoroughly they check the statements (or if necessary at the initial point) but it’s highly advisable that you include bank statements.

You can also, check the forum for detailed explanations re proof of funds :)

2. You don’t have to show your old passport as such. You only need to add the details of your current passport.
However, If your NZ travel is within the last 10 years you need to add the details in your travel, residence and employment history. Also, if you are claiming points for your NZ education you need to get it assessed by a Canadian equivalent education assessing body.

Let me know if I haven’t clarified any parts of your question.
HI... Thank you for this... Actually I am claiming points for Australian study that is mba and for work history, its India.... So I am confused that in section where passport is to be uploaded shd I upload both passport or new one is fine?
And for bank account I can show money in India account l.. That is more easy for me... So tha will work?

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
HI... Thank you for this... Actually I am claiming points for Australian study that is mba and for work history, its India.... So I am confused that in section where passport is to be uploaded shd I upload both passport or new one is fine?
And for bank account I can show money in India account l.. That is more easy for me... So tha will work?

Hi, you current and valid passport is more than sufficient, include bio pages, Immigration stamps and visas in your passport (if any).

Re your proof of funds, if your Indian account by itself meets the minimum requirement for funds, bank letter only from your Indian bank should suffice!!

annie89

May 19, 2019
Hi, you current and valid passport is more than sufficient, include bio pages, Immigration stamps and visas in your passport (if any).

Re your proof of funds, if your Indian account by itself meets the minimum requirement for funds, bank letter only from your Indian bank should suffice!!
OK one last question... In work history I am supposed to fill all previous work experience or just tha one I am claiming points for?
I just received ita today so need to knw if I need proof of other work experience I have other thn one I am claiming points for

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
OK one last question... In work history I am supposed to fill all previous work experience or just tha one I am claiming points for?
I just received ita today so need to knw if I need proof of other work experience I have other thn one I am claiming points for
In my opinion, in work history you put details of work that you have the job reference letter and claimed points! All other work details go to your personal history.

See below, you can also ask the question there if you require more clarification on it
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ee-profile-include-all-work-history-or-only-work-for-which-i-can-claim-points.606508/

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019

Requiem1

Jul 13, 2019
Hi everyone, AOR 21st Jan
Nationality:Indian
Country of Residence:Sydney,Australia
No updates since Biometrics and MEP, Fingers Crossed!
I have a Representative taking care of the case who is based in India and he suggested in raising a webform and ordering GCMS after the 6 months mark.

annie89

May 19, 2019
Hey guys urgent question.
Is it ok if I mention that I get salary in cash so I dnt have any pay cheques or pay slip?
And can I change my current job noc code.. I am not claiming points for my current job.. So is it ok if I change it too totally different noc.
Please help...