+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Permanent Residents Travel Document - Complications

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patgomez said:
Thank you so much Leon for your reply. There is no condition 51 on my COPR. What if when i landed in Canada the immigration officer will ask me why my address was different in my COPR? should i attached my certification of employment in my application of PRTD? because i've work in Canada for two months and was able to have a certification before leaving.
Having worked in Canada for only 2 months before leaving for a year is hardly relevant to your PRTD but you can send it anyway. It will at least prove that you spent the 2 months you said you did. The main thing for a PRTD is that you meet the RO and that means you may not have been outside Canada for more than 1094 days since you landed.

patgomez

Aug 19, 2014
Leon said:
Having worked in Canada for only 2 months before leaving for a year is hardly relevant to your PRTD but you can send it anyway. It will at least prove that you spent the 2 months you said you did. The main thing for a PRTD is that you meet the RO and that means you may not have been outside Canada for more than 1094 days since you landed.
Where can i find the COPR no? Is it the one starting with UCI? about the photo specifications, Do i have to write my name and date when photo was taken? sorry for simple questions i'm asking. Its just that i im worried simple mistakes can cause delays of my applications. Thank you so much leon for replies.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
patgomez said:
Where can i find the COPR no? Is it the one starting with UCI? about the photo specifications, Do i have to write my name and date when photo was taken? sorry for simple questions i'm asking. Its just that i im worried simple mistakes can cause delays of my applications. Thank you so much leon for replies.
It's the one starting with T.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
patgomez said:
Should i submit my original COPR or just a photocopy in applying fo PRTD?
Just a photocopy. Keep your original.

patgomez

Aug 19, 2014
scylla said:
Just a photocopy. Keep your original.
Thanks for immediate reply. One more thing, is it necessary to have a contact no. in Canada? or can i write N/A on the space provided? because I am planning to stay in a room for rent for the meantime.

patgomez

Aug 19, 2014
Leon said:
Do you have condition 51 on your COPR? If you had applied for PR after October 2012 and you were not already together for 2 years and had no children together, you might have that. If you do, you were supposed to cohabit with your husband for at least 2 years after getting your PR.

Whether you do or not, you can still attempt applying for a travel document. If you do have condition 51 on your COPR, you can prepare for trouble as you have not been living with your husband for the past year. If you don't have condition 51, then you don't have a problem. Just give any address you want.

Once you are in Canada, you can tell your husband that he must surrender your PR card or you will report it stolen. If he doesn't, you should go to the police and report it stolen. They may help you get it back from him. If not or he says to them he doesn't have it, you report to immigration that your PR card was stolen, you have the police report and you can request a new card.
hi leon. I already landed here in canada last oct 8. regarding about my pr card.can i immediately report it to the police stolen? if yes, how about the pr card no. I dont know the number because i havent seen it even once. What should i do? the application guide indicates all the information needed must be filled up.. please help me..

Pat