+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Canadian Passport

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Just had my citizenship oath ceremony. Will be eligible to apply for the passport on Wednesday. I plan to apply via courier. Just wanted to ask someone who has gone through the process, are we required to submit our original citizenship certificate to Passport Canada via mail or we can submit a duplicate?

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Savak said:
Just had my citizenship oath ceremony. Will be eligible to apply for the passport on Wednesday. I plan to apply via courier. Just wanted to ask someone who has gone through the process, are we required to submit our original citizenship certificate to Passport Canada via mail or we can submit a duplicate?
I had my oath on Feb 5 as well, then I applied for passport same day, few hours later actually.. I went in person and they accepted it.. If you applied in person , they will just photocopy your original documents and it will take 10 days for the passport to arrived.. if you will mail it, it will take 4-6 weeks, and yes you have to submit your original documents, they will just send it back to you...if you have time, do it in person, if no they apply via mail... best of luck

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Savak said:
I agree with the other reader here. If you can fill up, complete the passport form with the required signatures and passport photo, take it along with your Original Citizenship Certificate to the nearest passport office, it could be much faster.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Yes I applied for my wife and kids through passport office with all originals specially the birth certificates of my KIDS, they just took the copy and returned the original, and they got the passport in less than 10days.
Best of luck